• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you drink alcohol/beer

Years
    I heard alcohol tastes horrible so I avoid it all the time, even though I'm already legal in my country. I'd rather enjoy a simple soft drink for my typical partying drink, because it tastes great and you don't have to fear getting drunk.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
    I like drinking cola with some rum in it, but only once every month or three, and even then, I almost never go overboard with it. Unless it's something harmless with friends online once in a blue moon, I don't like the idea of getting drunk. It's generally why I avoid the cheap beers like the plague, which basically only serves the purpose of getting you drunk and nothing else, since it tastes crappy.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't drink alcohol. Never even tasted a single drop of any kind. There are a few reasons for this: I'm already depressed enough, I'm susceptible to becoming addicting to things, the smell of alcohol gives me a migraine, I do not like the idea of losing control over my mind, alcoholism runs in my family, my parents never brought any alcohol into the house, and one of my uncles died from a drunk driver.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yaaaaaaas I drink. I'm mostly into drinking Crown, but I also like vodka, hard lemonade, Fireball, and certain beers. If I'm just looking to get silly though, I'll drink literally anything. I was drinking with a friend the other night and I wasn't even buzzed so I took a shot of tequila to fix that. And I mean, I hate tequila. I hate taking shots too for that matter, lol. But yeah.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nope. Never had a drink in my life. Not planning on having one. If I want something flavored, I'll reach for a fresh brewed tea or a Pepsi. Otherwise, it's just water. Miracle drink, it is.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I prefer not to drink because I know wayyyy too well of the aftermath of alcohol (it;s better just to avoid the problem to encounter more problems), but at the same time the occasional Piña Colada isn't bad ;D

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I do not. I tried a little shortly after I turned 21. It wasn't any good. They told me it was an acquired taste, I said it's not a taste worth acquiring.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Yeah, I drink!

If I'm having a curry, Indian beer compliments it nicely. Chinese beer with chinese food. I like Jack Daniels with coke or lemonade, vodka with energy drinks and coke, rum with tropical/fruit juices, Baileys with coffee, lager for bbq's and when I don't want to spend a lot of money, Amaretto with coke, Jagermeister with energy drinks, shots of tequila with Mexican food. Cider is nice as long as you get a nice brand, but I only like apple cider, cocktails for holidays and at cocktail bars! and I will drink tequila beer (desperado's) any time!

I drink because I enjoy having a drink :)

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    I usually drink beer (being Belgian is handy cause we have tons of good brands here) I prefer the heavier dark ones like Kwak, Duvel or of course Westvleteren if it's available, jenever (which is the booze gin originated from and it comes in tons of flavors) and sometimes red wine or sake.

The drinking age here is 16 for beer and wine so yeah, I've had alcohol for quite some time.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    Yeah, I drink alcohol. I was raised in a home where drinking wasn't frowned upon at all, and it's become the norm - I've had to go to quite a lot of formal events growing up, so I'm used to nursing a glass of scotch or wine. I personally love vodka and wine with my whole heart, just a little more than a gin & tonic. Whiskey and rum are alright if I'm in a social setting, but I wouldn't touch them anytime else.

beer tastes like shit gdi

I get why some people may dislike drinking, but I don't get why people are so against others doing it? I understand that there are those that let alcohol become the centre of their lives, but if someone isn't going overboard and are instead enjoying a drink from time to time, what's the issue?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Yeah but not very often and always in the company :) I like champagne, good wine, whiskey and different coctails :) Not a fan of beer but somtimes I can drink it while eating pizza {XD}

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    I never drink alcohol because it's not good for me and I heard it promotes weight gain, but I'll occasionally use it in cooking for flavor or for creating my own homemade extracts.

Years
    I drink like it's the Civil War and I'm about to have my leg sawed off lol. I'm not an alcoholic as far as I know, since I can go without booze for weeks and not get any sort of craving. I just prefer drinking to not drinking, and I can drink a lot. I drink a lot less now that I'm working, but there was a period in college where I was hitting it hard. That's what it's all about, right? im kidding thats not what its about go to class psl

My thing is I'll try anything once, so I've so many beers I can't pick a favorite. Anything with coffee in it it is usually a hit with me though lol. For the harder stuff, I'm a simple man. Rum is my preference, but I don't waste alcohol.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    In social events, yes I do. Not much, just enough to get me a little tipsy. Apple cider or Heineken beer when available (if not, any cold beer will do), Port Wine if available at dinners. At full on parties I'll have a couple of shots of vodka or absinthe, or pretty much anything really lel, but again I try not to get myself hammered. I have a pretty nice idea on what my alcohol limits are. Just don't give me tequila or whiskey. Just no. Ugh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm very picky about my beer because I have to have Molson Canadian in a bottle or I will have a Sam Adams. Other than that I love my Mojitos. :D

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I drink more socially than anything else. Alcoholism runs in my family, so I always make sure never to drink to fix my mood. That being said, I do drink- I like the feeling of being tipsy and having fun, but I make sure to not do it a lot.

I'm a fan of hard liquor, wine, and cider. Cider is my go-to when going out since most places are guaranteed to have at least one I can drink. I love margaritas <3 I haven't made one in a long while though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm also one of those sleepy drunks...even though I've only been drunk once. Drinking makes me sleepy. :D

Back