• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a least favorite type?

Years
    well i already know what Dawn's gonna answer lmao

oddly enough? Poison for me. Crobat is the one and only exception in that it's my favorite pokemon. so i think i answered both your questions already lol.

but yeah i honestly have never found the need for one since like 80% of all pokemon can learn toxic for some reason (which is pretty much all i need poison for). MAYBE if they added a weather effect like Acid Rain or something that would be like Hail but for Poison types, I might be more inclined to try it. but for now, eh.

Years
    • Seen today
    My least favourite type is the Normal type. It hits nothing for super effective damage.

There are Normal type Pokemon that I like. Most notably Staraptor, Dodrio, Bewear, Braviary, Swellow, and Toucannon.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    As someone who used to run a mono-Ice team, Steel-types were a pain! I also think the Klink, Klang, and Klinklang are some of the most annoying-looking Pokémon and used to consider Bronzor my least favorite Pokémon. Hate that "clown nose...!"

Love Alolan Sandslash (my favorite Steel-type), Jirachi, and Magneton, though.

In terms of type that has the least designs I like, Fighting may be my least favorite. Can't say that I really care for any of them besides Tyrogue (my favorite Fighting-type, especially in Shiny form), Gallade, Blaziken (non-Mega), and Lucario.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dragon.

Allways saw it as a "boss" type Game Freak added just so the player near the end of the first game had a strong Pokémon to fight against, with a type that resisted whatever your Starter's type was.

Dragons are mythical, super rare, super strong with their huge stats, and all that... but the type itself isn't very interesting and Dragon moves are only super effective against Dragon itself. And since many of them are legendaries, or pseudo-legendaries (which is something I don't like to have on my teams), that show up very late in the game (when you probably already have a full team and are happy with it) and are so slow to train and evolve, I normally just skip them.

The Dragons I do like are the more accessible ones, such as Flygon, Kingdra, Altaria, or even weird stuff like Drampa or Appletun.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I always seem to fluctuate between Fairy and Fighting types as my least favourite type just because the former has a lot of cutesy designs I don't care for (some have great designs tho) as well as ruin the viability of some of my favourites while the latter has a lot of Pokémon that I do not care for at all (there are a handful I really love tho) and has my least favourite Pokémon. I'm pretty much on the same boat as Roni that my favourite Pokémon (Scrafty) shares a type with one of my least favourite types and as for Fairy, I'd say Grimmsnarl is my favourite from that type.

pkmin3033

Fighting types can collectively go and die in a fire. Aesthetically they're usually brown or orange - two colours I loathe - and a lot of them seem to have the same kind of bulky, muscular, thoroughly unattractive aesthetic to them. I know there are plenty of exceptions to this in dual types especially, but even so. Adding the fighting type always makes a Pokemon worse, too: Galarian Zapdos, Mega Mewtwo X, Combusken/Blaziken, etc. Also most of them are humanoid.

Sorry, no bonus points for me. I don't play favourites: I hate all fighting types. Not quite equally, but still.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Never cared for most fighting type Pokémon at all. I don't care for how humanoid most of them look as they come off as boring.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'd say Rock, because I quite frankly don't think there's enough of a conceptual distinction between Rock types and Ground types, and while I think both kind of have lazy designs, I think Ground has more ways to be explored than Rock.

Rock Pokémon are also often slow, have a lot of double weaknesses and its weaknesses are very common, so they occupy a weird defensive position where they can't really use their giant defense stats very well.

I do like some Rock type Pokemon - most notably the Rock / Steel types (I do love me the Steel types), Lycanroc and Rockruff (who doesn't like a pupper?), Barbaracle and Dwebble / Crustle

Years
    I'd say Rock, because I quite frankly don't think there's enough of a conceptual distinction between Rock types and Ground types, and while I think both kind of have lazy designs, I think Ground has more ways to be explored than Rock.

Rock Pokémon are also often slow, have a lot of double weaknesses and its weaknesses are very common, so they occupy a weird defensive position where they can't really use their giant defense stats very well.

I do like some Rock type Pokemon - most notably the Rock / Steel types (I do love me the Steel types), Lycanroc and Rockruff (who doesn't like a pupper?), Barbaracle and Dwebble / Crustle

it's the constant pairing with Ground that gets me. if you're a type that's usually quad weak against Water, the most common type of all, you're not gon be something i wanna consider adding to my team.

i am talking purely main game here though, not comp battles or anything.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
    Ouch. Lots of other people need an uno reverse card swung at them. Anyway, my least fave type is without contest fairy. All fairy types excluding zacian can perish and i will not care. When i was first getting into competitive battles, i hated fairy type and how broken it is (3 resists, 1 immune, only 2 weak :( ) . In fact, ever scine then i have never played anything gen 6+, so im pre fairy type gens. Fairy is trash, and that can never change except with some balancing.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Ouch. Lots of other people need an uno reverse card swung at them. Anyway, my least fave type is without contest fairy. All fairy types excluding zacian can perish and i will not care. When i was first getting into competitive battles, i hated fairy type and how broken it is (3 resists, 1 immune, only 2 weak :( ) . In fact, ever scine then i have never played anything gen 6+, so im pre fairy type gens. Fairy is trash, and that can never change except with some balancing.

That's rather ironic considering Fairies were introduced as a way to balance the metagame. Dragons needed a check and steel and poison needed an offensive boost.

I wouldn't say Fairy's defensive situation is particularly broken though, a lot of other types have similar spreads:
    • Water has 4 resists and 2 weaknesses
    • Electric has 3 resists and 1 weakness
    • Ghost has 2 resists, 2 weaknesses and 2 immunities
    • Steel had, before Gen VI, 11 resists, 3 weaknesses and 1 immunity (from Gen VI onwards it lost two resists and gained one, still netting the ridiculously high number of 10)

Not to mention that Fairy's immunity - Dragon - is one of the least common types there are. Before Gen VI there were only 12 offensive Dragon moves in existence, of which 1 dealt fixed damage and two were signature moves to legendary Pokémon.

If anything, the only thing that the Fairy type really messed up was making the Steel type even better when it's kinda busted already.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
    Originally Posted by SawkTheWarrior [ Original Post ]
    That's rather ironic considering Fairies were introduced as a way to balance the metagame. Dragons needed a check and steel and poison needed an offensive boost.

I wouldn't say Fairy's defensive situation is particularly broken though, a lot of other types have similar spreads:

Water has 4 resists and 2 weaknesses
    Electric has 3 resists and 1 weakness
    Ghost has 2 resists, 2 weaknesses and 2 immunities
    Steel had, before Gen VI, 11 resists, 3 weaknesses and 1 immunity (from Gen VI onwards it lost two resists and gained one, still netting the ridiculously high number of 10)

Not to mention that Fairy's immunity - Dragon - is one of the least common types there are. Before Gen VI there were only 12 offensive Dragon moves in existence, of which 1 dealt fixed damage and two were signature moves to legendary Pokémon.

If anything, the only thing that the Fairy type really messed up was making the Steel type even better when it's kinda busted already.

I get where you are coming from, but i still don't like fairy as its super effectife against Sawk, and other fighting types...

Years
    My least favorite type is rock. The rock type seldom seems to help a dual type and besides accelerock, a move few Pokemon get, all of their moves are inaccurate. Another reason is stealth rocks, I don't like how prominent they are in every meta game and while heavy-duty boots helps with that, it is annoying making sure every team I use has a rapid spinner or defogger (physically defensive Scizor is the right option). My favorite rock type is Tyranitar but I still don't use it often because of its myriad weaknesses.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
    Not fond of ice types, or anything cold for that matter. I presume that Weaville would be my favourite from that type but Spheal, Lapras and Articuno are pleasant runner ups.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I don't dislike any types, but I think that the rock and ground type don't need to be separate types, so I guess that can count as "least favorite"? I've used every type already, and made it work, so I don't really think about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    rock or ground possibly just bc there's not enough distinction between the two, especially in the earlier days where it felt like they were all rock/ground dual types so it was like what's even the point. poison feels a bit useless too. prior to fairy being introduced, it was only super effective against grass and grass have so many other weaknesses to exploit that it just felt meh to bother with poison types or moves. i do really like a lot of poison, rock, and ground pokemon. but more often than not, i just find myself not using these types all that much - except alolan dugtrio. always use alolan dugtrio.

Years
    • Online now
    The same thing as @Roni posted.

Crobat is easily one of my favorite pokemon ever, but most of the time I just can't find a use for putting a poison type on my team.

Years
    I'm on the same boat as Roni and ZeoStar, I don't like poison type either. I don't like the poisoning/toxic poisoning statuses, and a lot of Poison types are paired with either Grass or Bug, and these Pokémon end up being rarely useful, either in-game or competitively. My favorite Poison types are Drapion and Nihilego.

Back