• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like who you are?

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    Interesting thread!

I am okay with who I am. Of course if I could I would change many things about myself, but there are some things I really like about myself too.

So in the end I guess I'm content with myself, but I'm not full of myself in the slightest.

Years
    Not really. I see myself as a failure. I'm not really especially talented and I can't get a job. Plus I'm not really likable or memorable? I don't have any friends irl and I'm sure people online tolerate me at most so no, I don't like myself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I think I am good the way I am. Maybe add a little more confidence and I'll be good to go but I am content with who I am.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    this is a really odd thing for me to say considering that a couple of months ago i would've said no, but yes, i am content with who i am. i don't believe i'm perfect but at the same time i don't think i'm a sack of crap.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've asked myself this question before. Personally I don't really like myself as a person most of the time. I still have literally accomplished nothing and when I tell people that, they say I'm still young and will figure out who I am or what I'd like to do eventually. My grandparents are questioning if I'm ever going to get a job or start school full time. I'd love a job just to get things rolling because I'm tired of my current living situation. Unfortunately I still need to work on a lot if I truly want to change my life. There's a select few (or even less) who really understand what I'm going through and I'm very thankful for them being there for me. If I'm likable as a human being, I really just don't see it most of the time myself.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Im too hard on myself, harder on myself than anyone else. I drive myself crazy sometimes, setting the bar too high. However, athletically, Im not hard on myself at all. Then my dad gets hard on me and I get super stressed because I just put too much pressure on myself.

So am I happy with myself? I dont think I will ever like me. I do have moments where I am proud of myself, but then I consider those moments "easy" and expect myself to preform that way all of the time. I just can't accept a compliment because I know i could have done better or I didnt do something 100% right.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I generally do. Sometimes I wish I could be more social, sometimes I wish I had better focus, sometimes I wish I was willing to be more open about myself. But overall, I don't think I'm too bad.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It depends on my mood. Most times, I can really enjoy being myself. Very seldom have I hated myself lately. In most cases, I've just learned to accept myself as I am, but there are some things I wish I could change though.

pkmin3033

Not particularly. But I can live with it, which is good enough for me. It could always be worse.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    A couple years back, I might've been uncertain about answering this question. I've come such a long way from then, and I think I'm at a point where I do like who I am. And it seems recently a lot of people seem to like me as well. Even though I often don't understand how, or why, I think I'm a pretty cool person.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    yeah, actually. I think I'm funny and kind and interesting, kind of. not to boast or anything. that sounds boastful. I'm reasonably okay with my physical self, so that's good by me. I'm happy with myself right now, which is a godsend, because I'm not necessarily thrilled with my environment, kinda.

Years
    Not especially.

Though I've always been like that, doesn't matter what good qualities I have, those tend to get drowned out by me obsessing over any and all perceived bad qualities. Which then leads me to worrying about things and how others might see me, and then I run the chance of getting my self esteem down even further again. Argh.

Although to be fair, I'm a lot better about it now than when I was younger. At least I don't hate how I look anymore, for example.

Sirfetch’d

I love myself

You aren't the only one :seduce:

I like who I am as well. Sure, there are parts of me that I don't care for and wish were better but overall yeah I am happy with who I am.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Sure. Obviously there's things I don't like but I don't see why I'd hate myself, and I look good too.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I've never been fully satisfied of myself, mentally or physically, but I'm satisfied enough to be confident about myself :D

Back