• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like who you are?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    No. I dislike just about everything about myself. There's one or two things that might be salvageable, but for the most part I need to change.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I like who I am for the most part. Everyone has their flaws, but I don't let mine drag me down. I just need to keep improving, and as long as I'm doing that, I'm happy.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Don't know really! I both love and hate different parts about myself but I guess I'm content with who I am?

I'm happy that I got to overcome a lot of obstacles in life and also passed the entrance exam into one of the best schools of the state. I like my personality somewhat and I love the hobbies I have so I guess that's something to be proud of?

At the same time though, I wish I did have better physical and mental health. I do feel like I also need to get my 8 year old fine motor skills, the amount of time I spend on assignments and other stuff sorted. Despite that I'm still pretty content and happy with myself for the most part though. 8)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    ...Absolutely not. I literally hate myself more than anyone else on this planet. Yeah, sorry it came out this way, that's the truth.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm pretty pleased with who I am and there is hardly anybody in the world I'd switch places with.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm alright. There are things I like and things I don't like about myself, which I'm not going to divulge into here, haha. But idk. There's always room for improvement. I'm not done with life and it's not done with me. I'd say I like myself for the most part though.

Years
    Not entirely. I believe that I can improve some aspects of myself. I don't hate myself though. I'm kind of in between if that makes sense.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    may as well answer too.

yeah, i like myself. i'm doing my best and i'm all i have, so if i didn't my life would sure seem pointless.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    To put it bluntly, not really. There are times when I have a mood swing and I like myself and all I can do but then I realize that all I can do is very little. Everything I try to praise myself on, everyone does better. It's a hard life and I think accepting that was the only thing I'm proud of and that's a sad statement in and of itself.

Years
    There are parts of myself that I like, but there's a lot about me I really dislike too. There's a lot about myself that I want to change, but on the same note I don't want to become a different person either. I guess I want to become a better version of myself. I want to keep all the positive things that make me who I am but lose the things that make me pathetic.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I like me. I mean, I don't love me, but I definitely like me. I wouldn't do me, but I'd hang out with me, I guess. There are definitely things I'd change about me, but I not unhappy with me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Of course not.

I'm a nerd that doesn't stop badgering on about Touhou and Pokemon, who's also quite lazy in terms of both physical activity and education. Nothing much to like.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I wanted to chime in on this topic. When I was younger, I didn't like myself very much at all. I never felt attractive, I always felt fat and ugly, I had few friends, I was teased, my "best friend" at the time had my entire school thinking I was a lesbian so no guys would ever talk to me or look at me which made me feel even less attractive. My other close friend, who was my cousin, told any guy that liked me I had std's and slept around, or I was a drug/alcohol abuser. I look back now and wish I would have been easier on myself. I was never fat, or ugly, and the only thing wrong with me was the people I considered my friends. So for anyone on here not feeling good enough, you are.

Yes, there are parts of me I don't like but for the most part on most days, I am happy with who I am because being this person has not only allowed me to meet the man of my dreams, but be able to have dreams and believe in myself as well. Don't let others every make you feel worthless, it is a long long road and it is not fun having to walk back through the mess to get past it. The longer you walk it, the harder it is.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
    Well... Yes and no?

I'm extremely happy with my creative talents. I think a lot differently than most people, and it leads me to create some pretty unique stuff. I also think my appearance is alright.

The only thing I would change about myself would be my mental illnesses. I constantly have to convince myself that it's worth it to keep going... And it's honestly very scary. Not to mention that maintaining friendships is difficult, because on some level I feel like it's all some kind of sick joke and that no one likes me... My confidence is little to none, as a result.

Years
    I like the way I am . But sometimes I just became so confident and sometimes too protective about the persons I care. I am just too awesome for myself.

Back