• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you like your voice?

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
  • I've always been insecure about my voice. It's either been too deep or too high, but now I've reached the point where I don't care. As a teenage guy, the struggle couldn't be more real. When I try to sing, it almost always sounds terrible. For some reason, my singing will actually come out sounding normal or even good. I used to have the voice crack problem, but I'm past that now.

Then again, I'm a pretty insecure person, so all of this could just be in my head... ~_~

Oh well, anyways, I won't bore you with anymore of this.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I wish my voice was deeper, so definitely not. & My accent is from New York, so everyone will know I sound loud & obnoxious, tbh, or however you guys stereotype us New Yorkers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yeah i have no problem with it. people say it's cute and soothing so that's always nice. i have literally no grasp on my own accent

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I have trained in the mountains for many years to make sure my voice sounds more or less as it did when I was ~12 and I'm pretty satisfied with the result, so yes.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • No I don't like my voice. Not only do I have the worst pitch and tone, but I grew up with a speech impediment, stopped speaking for 2 years, have a lisp, and constantly switch between an Australian and English accent when I talk. A lot of the time people have no idea what I'm saying, sometimes I'll even say stuff and ask myself "what did I just say?".

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • rofl, no. I used to like my voice since I sounded natural, but it's slowly become shite ever since I moved to England - now it's a french-english hybrid that's just awful.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i used to think my voice was fine but i recall one day i was talk on the phone to my best friend and her dad walked into the room, heard my voice, and thought i was a guy. my voice isn't even deep but that was self esteem crippling

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't care for my voice. I wish it was a little brighter without sounding squeaky. It's too deep and lifeless and I would much prefer to have one of a higher pitch.

Years
  • I actually really like my voice. It's very American, without any other accent in it. It's really deep and smooth, with a hint of scratch to it, but I think that's part of what makes it great. I can do really good dramatic readings. But my voice is also the reason I write poetry instead of songs. I can't sing :'(

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Not really. My voice is really high-pitched for a man, and it sounds kinda effeminate. Plus I have a bit of an accent considering I was born in Lebanon, although it's gotten a little better since I speak English with my friends. It's probably more noticeable when I speak Arabic. Then again, most of the men in my family (at least on my dad's side) have high-pitched voices. I think it's in my blood.

People have described my accent as a horrible clash between a Lebanese accent and a Sydney accent. I spent most of my childhood in Sydney.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I only like my voice when I am singing tbh. It sounds silly otherwise. But there's someone who apparently really likes it, so I guess I can live with it.

I don't care for my voice. I wish it was a little brighter without sounding squeaky. It's too deep and lifeless and I would much prefer to have one of a higher pitch.
    If your voice was brighter you'd be Elvey.
    tumblr_o1s7rlGTph1tqsd70o1_400.gif

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    It sounds horrible on recordings. I've heard that other people hear your voice differently than you do, so I wonder what my friends think. I wish I had a british accent.

Back