• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I remember my uncle Joey talking about how their (him and my dad's) Aunt Gay cooked something in the microwave for 20 minutes and it came out hard as a rock and hot as fire

#newtothemicro #howtozap

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Did they do that on purpose? Because if it was an accident I don't see how someone could forget about that if they meant to just put it in for say 2:00 minutes.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    What do people eat for breakfast in lunch in America? Is it just bread with stuff on it like I do? I have literally no idea.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    For breakfast we have Bacon & Eggs. For lunch we have Cheeseburger and Fries. Those are the All-American solutions to an empty belly.

Also @Matt they were in West Virginia you have to give 'em credit for even owning a microwave

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    That sounds so, well, unhealthy, haha. Not that my breakfast is that healthy, but those are things you don't really eat for lunch or breakfast here. We just take slices of bread and put a bit of cheese or ham on it. Or chocolate or peanut butter if you don't want to eat healthy.
    It's always weird for me, that things that I find super normal aren't that usual outside of my country, haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    You know, as crazy as it sounds, as an American abroad I can testify that pancakes and burgers for a day's food sounds normal. Hell, I try to make pancakes as much as I can(even though imported Maple Syrup is crazy pricey) and a burger 3-4 a week.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I ate pancakes for breakfast this morning, but I'm not planning on eating burgers for lunch, because I don't like eating patties, which ruins the experience of eating a burger.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    That sounds so, well, unhealthy, haha. Not that my breakfast is that healthy, but those are things you don't really eat for lunch or breakfast here. We just take slices of bread and put a bit of cheese or ham on it. Or chocolate or peanut butter if you don't want to eat healthy.
    It's always weird for me, that things that I find super normal aren't that usual outside of my country, haha.
    Gross! Why would you eat that when you could have fried cake drenched with syrup and powdered sugar?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Because of the way it looks, I knew it was going to taste bad for me.

But you've had a burger patty before right? I just want to make sure that it's justifiable because I was going to say you'd be missing out otherwise.

Also almost didn't recognize you without your Godzilla theme lol.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    But you've had a burger patty before right? I just want to make sure that it's justifiable because I was going to say you'd be missing out otherwise.
    I had tried a burger patty once, and I haven't eaten any since then.

Also almost didn't recognize you without your Godzilla theme lol.
    You mean my raptor theme? I had to put that on halt after being traumatized by the recent episodes of the Pokémon anime, so I'm making a Serena theme as a memorial.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    The best burger I've had is a tie between two places. One called Burger Joint in Bristol- it's your fully-customizable experience. Beautiful brioche buns, and meat that's top quality from the butchers that's closeby. Aged and gorgeously cooked every time.

Another fantastic one is Honest Burgers in Soho, London. Also very delicious. They also make it like a burger should be cooked: medium-rare. So juicy and fabulous. Homemade sauces and pickles.. rosemary sea-salt fries to go with.. artisan cheeses.. who could ask for more?

Years
    We're talking about burgers?! Mmmmmm...

Anyway, my favorite burger place is probably either Five Guys or Jake's Wayback Burgers. The former has been known for their high quality meat patties for a while, along with their famous cajun fries. As for Jake's, I wouldn't say their burgers are quite as good, they have a LOT more variety, including cheese fries, chili, milkshakes, housemade chips...there is a lot you can get on your order there.

Shake Shack comes close to those two though, while their fries aren't as good as either of the other two, they do have very tasty burgers and they also have milkshakes going for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back