• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    You could just multi-quote :0 but I guess it doesn't actually matter, haha.

Oh my god, how can you even find a $15 hamburger anywhere. I don't think I've seen one that breaks $8.

There's a place I know around my neighborhood that charges $12, and they aren't even good, they're just a little bigger than normal and presented in a fancy way. I hate the place, actually.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Some people just aren't cut out for business, in any way, at all, ever.

That reminds me that at the end of my home road there are three hair salons literally right fucking next to each other

did you people like, I dunno, do any recreational business practice research at all before going thousands of dollars into debt to become a businessman, or are you just dumb

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    That reminds me that at the end of my home road there are three hair salons literally right ****ing next to each other

Wait, are they all for the same customer segement/type? Like, are they all for men/women/kids? If so, they probably located there due to it being cheaper (they could be a family business, I've seen those)

If they're not that, then yes. They're ****ing dumb.

Last edited:
    Years
    Any of you guys have a burger with a fried egg in it? Super big in Chicago, really opened my eyes first time I tried it.

Yes I have. This pub a short distance from my house has a bacon cheeseburger with the fried egg in it and i've had it several times. It looks weird, not to mention it gets messy, but hot damn is it yummy.

And yesterday I had a BLT with avocado and a fried egg. Quite tasty, I need to eat more avocados.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yes I have. This pub a short distance from my house has a bacon cheeseburger with the fried egg in it and i've had it several times. It looks weird, not to mention it gets messy, but hot damn is it yummy.

And yesterday I had a BLT with avocado and a fried egg. Quite tasty, I need to eat more avocados.
    I wish I liked avocado. I really, really do. That would make ordering at 99% of the places I go to a lot easier, but everything about it makes me shiver in repulsion.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    You could just multi-quote :0 but I guess it doesn't actually matter, haha.

Oh my god, how can you even find a $120 hamburger anywhere. I don't think I've seen one that breaks $8.

I actually bought a (double black truffle) burger once for roughly $160 or more. I think it was worth it though.

Fun fact: The most expensive burger costs £1 100 ($2 000).

A London restaurant claims to have created the world's most expensive burger, embellished with gold leaf, lobster and caviar.

The wagyu beef and venison dish, priced at £1,100, took three weeks to develop and has been verified by Record Setters as the highest priced across the world.

Around 220g of Kobe wagyu beef is minced with 60g of New Zealand venison to "balance the fat content". At the centre of the burger is a black truffle Brie that creates a "liquid pocket" once cooked.

The patty is seasoned with Himalayan salt served with a Canadian lobster poached in Iranian saffron.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I wish I liked avocado. I really, really do. That would make ordering at 99% of the places I go to a lot easier, but everything about it makes me shiver in repulsion.

What's wrong with you.

I actually bought a (double black truffle) burger once for roughly $160 or more. I think it was worth it though.

Fun fact: The most expensive burger costs £1 100 ($2 000).

That sounds freaking delicious, but that's almost a whole month of pay for me (the most expensive one). I've never had black truffle anything before, I think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'm gonna get a burger later just because of this now.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Man, you guys got me all hungry, but the nearest burger place is like 6 kilometers away.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'd love a burger right now... I'm just so disinterested in what's in our cabinets. Like, when I finally decided to be present for grocery shopping it got better because we're finally avoiding the shit like canned soup and other garbage, and I got about $30 in Twinings along with a lot of canned fruit... but that's it.

My mother has this mentality that the cheapest shit she can possibly find is the best thing we could buy, and I've tried and failed to explain to her the Hippocratian concept of "you are what you eat," and the idea of "garbage in, garbage out." smh

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Dude I forgot to pack a lunch for myself and didn't eat breakfast neither - someone send me a picture of delicious food that I can cry over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I haven't had a bomb burger in so long. I went out to Smokey Bones on Saturday and almost got one, but went with pulled pork instead.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I would love to eat a burger now, damm this thread. In here it's not like your countries, fast food is more common on malls and city centers. They aren't around the suburbs.

I have to say, the Mostaza in Rivadavia with Florida has some of the best fast food burgers I have ever eaten. I worked by Paseo Colón so I used to have one every couple of weeks before riding the Subte home.

I miss those and the special ones they had for the World Cup in Burger King. They were worth all 83 pesos.

Also I'm remembering a wonderful place in Defensa with Belgrano (or was it Venezuela?). Shit were the burgers lovely there. Shame I'd leave work at 7 and they closed at 6 :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back