• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still like to watch VHS tapes?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Yes I do!!

I bought a lot of VHS last year, a lot of Disney movies :)
    They are so cheap!! I made a collection ^-^

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Yep, I still watch them, why not? If I don't have the movie on DVD, but I have them on VHS then I'll watch them. Also, It still gives me that old nostalgia feel when watching those Coming soon to own on VHS movie previews before the feature length film. Also, those grainy statics are actually pretty cool, I never actually realized those statics when I was younger probably because the quality on DVD/Blu-Ray is so much superior than I am just very much used to their quality rather than the ones on VHS :P

Years
    Not really. I stopped watching them quite a few years ago, last I recall was when one of my friends had a lot of old VHS tapes full of old Simpsons episodes in like '03 or '04 or something. In this day i'd rather stick with my DVDs and the like.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    The only VHS tapes in this house are of Teletubbies since I was really into that as a young toddler but needless to say I don't watch them anymore.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I still have the old VHS tapes, but I no longer have a VHS player because it broke.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    VHS master race.

I still have a whole collection of VHS movies, anime, cartoons, soap operas, and old cartoons. I watch Spirited Away and the pokemon movies weekly. I have just about every mainstream anime series on VHS too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Maaaaan, the good old days of VHS tapes. I still have a heap of them ranging from Teletubbies, The Wiggles, Barney (the one where they have to chase after this rainbow egg before it hatches; IT STILL IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD MOVIES), and many many more.

Years
    Haha yes on occasion I dig them up for nostalgic purposes! Have some ancient Pokemon episodes that I love to rewatch, and I believe some stuff on Elmo, one of my favorite shows as a child. I used to sing the theme song everywhere I went, ugh, can't comprehend how anyone put up with me at that age! :c

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If there is a movie like the older TMNT on VHS and I don't have the DVD of it then I will watch the VHS version. I prefer DVDs over VHS because better quality movies/shows and not as much chance of getting messed up.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Can't say that I do. I have a lot of great movies on videotapes, but none of them can't be streamed online in better quality.

Years
    After seeing some movies that I'd seen only on VHS on DVD/Blu-ray/etc. I made the switch. It's not just the higher definition. You can see things in the movies that you could not even see on VHS because they were too dark, muddy, or whatever. Tape may have a decent shelf life (if you don't overplay and ruin it) but it's so inconvenient compared to what we have access to now.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I used to back when I had a DVD/VHS player. I upgraded to a blu-ray, and can no longer watch VHS tapes. D: I don't have them anymore either. My parents sold them all before we moved to Arizona I guess.

The reason I upgraded was because I knew they would no longer be putting out VHS anymore now. I like the Blu-ray because you can see things more clearly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    If I still had a VHS player, heck yeah! Unfortunately a couple of years ago I got a new TV, and by then the only VHS player left in our house was built into my old TV and. . . away that TV went, into a garage sale. But before that I think most of my tapes were given to my neighbour's little kid. I kinda wish I still had some of my old tapes just because I loved those videos, and a lot of them aren't available on sites like Netflix, besides DVD rental (I think we just have streaming now), and I don't really like using those sketchy free streaming sites. . .

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd still watch them if I could be bothered to figure out how to work our VCR...if I have something on VHS and not DVD/Netflix, why not? Easier than less-than-legal methods

Back