• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else legitimately like every Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2020
    Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only one who really enjoys every Pokémon. Even the few Pokémon I didn't originally like (Diggersby, Landorus, Cinderace) grew on me and I like them now. Lots of Pokémon seem to get hate for their designs being too simple or too weird. But no matter what the Pokémon is I always find good in it and I like all the designs, like they could all be my friend or on my team. There are so many mons that people call useless or forgettable like Luvdisc, Corsola, Shuckle, Slugma, Remoraid, Grumpig, Cherubi, etc. Like all of those mons are cool and unique in their own way. Maybe it's because of all the guides and years I've been playing and replaying games with different teams and mixes of Pokémon so they all are easily memorable to me. I don't get confused on their types or evolutions, it's just second nature to know about all of that stuff to me. Anyone else really like every single Pokémon? There's not one I genuinely dislike or have reason to.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There now being 893 Pokemon, Well, 895 if the unnamed Regis are included here, and sure, I do think that at least one person likes all of the Pokemon in existence. Every Pokemon has at least one person who does call it a favorite. Yes, even Simisage the "least popular Pokemon" according to a poll a long while back.

But, honestly, every single Pokemon has its charm. even the bland and forgettable ones like Volbeat and Illumise have a reason to exist, and an origin that at least makes it interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not me. Some I just don't like myself. I can understand or appreciate some aspects of them, but overall I can say I dislike a few Pokemon here and there.

Years
  • in terms of design, I appreciate all of them. they have their own uniqueness and charm. I may not like some that much, but its not like I hate those

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I like most but are certainly a few that I really dislike. Designs like Zoroark, Beartic and so on. I don't hate them, they just don't appeal to me personally or look akward.
    Taste is subjective and variety in flavour is what makes it fun. So no, I don't per se love them all.

pkmin3033

I can't even appreciate every Pokemon, let alone like them. I suppose it speaks well of the franchise that there is such variety that it inspires both love and hatred, and that every Pokemon is someone's favourite, but me...well, I have things I like and dislike, and a lot of Pokemon tick that dislike box and then some. There is just so much trash now. Lucario, Zoroark, Incineroar, Zeraora...anthro furry bait has no place in Pokemon and I will never see it otherwise. Then there are all the Fighting-types, which seem to be universally ugly...

No accounting for taste, etc. But no. Definitely not a fan of every Pokemon here, haha.

Years
  • I don't think there are any Pokémon out there that I entirely dislike... maybe don't care for (like Barbaracle and Jynx among others), but dislike? Ehh. Don't quite like everything but honestly close enough, lol.

Moving this to Pokémon General since it's not focusing on just the games!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    There are almost 900 Pokémon now, it'd be impossible for me to like every single one. There's a lot I'm indifferent to (Pyukumuku, Luvdisc, etc), but others I just dislike from a design standpoint at worst (Incineroar, Galar starters' final forms, etc).

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I do not like every Pokemon. I understand not everything will cater to my tastes with roughly 900 Pocket Monsters but even then I can appreciate a design/concept not in my typical tastes as long as it's competently designed. I'm not for cutesy, beautiful Pokemon but I do like Tsareena, Lurantis, Leavanny, Stufful, Yamper, Primarina, and Wooloo to name a few. However, there are definitely Pokemon I dislike (Lucario, Glaceon, Coalossal), not a fan of (mainly baby Pokemon, especially added to later gens and Pikaclones), disappointed by it (Scizor, Bolthund), or just neutral/don't care about it.
    Yes, even Simisage the "least popular Pokemon" according to a poll a long while back.
    I think you meant Simisear instead of Simisage.

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't HATE any pokemon, but I do have a few I dislike. I like how most pokemon are still viable even if I don't personally like the design

Years
  • For me personally, I think the huge diversity in creature designs is a core part of the appeal of the creature side of the Pokémon franchise to begin with! I don't know that I love every single Pokémon equally, since I do have some definite favorites, and some that don't really jive with me in particular, but I really appreciate and like all of them in various ways! I certainly don't take issue with or actively dislike any Pokémon.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Not counting UBs, I'd like to say yes... but as long as Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus exist, I can't!! :( They're just so... gross, even their Therian forms, and the fact that they run from you made me dislike them more, haha! Not a fan of human-looking designs, and these guys are buff old men floating on clouds.

Otherwise, my trick to liking all the Pokémon is giving them a chance on your team, giving them nicknames/personalities, adding them to a story or roleplay... it really warms you to them! Especially writing about them. Now I can fairly confidently say yes, I like (or at least don't dislike) all Pokémon. ^__^

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I did until Greedent arrived. That is a joke; while I do abhor it's design, due to personal tastes, I can appreciate it at the same time and still like the chubby rascal.

Years
    • Seen today
    While I like a lot of Pokemon, I don't like all of them. There are a few I have a burning hatred for (Watchog, Emolga, Stantler, Herdier, Basculin), some that disappointed me (Regigigas, Pyroar, Vikavolt), and some that just don't interest me (Probopass, Phione, Garbodor, Stunfisk, all Ultra Beasts).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry, no, there are unfortunately a lot of pokemon I don't like. Some, I even dislike. But there are luckily plenty more that I like and love :)

Years
  • Yes, I do like all Pokémon! Not all of them equally, of course, but with time even the ones I found ugly at first grew on me, like Emboar that I find neat today, or Garbodor, which I once couldn't bare to look at, but now find it has a sort of goofy charm (while still being ugly).

I find that I really get to appreciate a Pokémon I didn't love at first when I research them a bit and see them in action. Concept art for the newer ones can be found online and it shows the little details you can't see on them usually (because of the pose obscuring them, for instance) that make you understand the whole idea behind them and see just how cool the designs are.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Fan art is a really great way to like the Pokémon you previously didn't care for!

As an example, I once couldn't bear the sight of Pinsir (gross and creepy), but this picture changed my mind:

Spoiler:

CILAN ATE THE KIDS

"This Tastes Like My Favorite Ingredient"
    Years
  • I like all Pokemon, some more than others, but I do not hate any of them. Even if some look a bit odd or boring, they still have their own charm. I think it is sad that people hate Pokemon based on their designs, not giving them a chance. Each Pokemon has its pros and cons, and no one is ultimately terrible.

Back