• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does PC drink tea?

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    Another food-related thread.

How many of you wonderful people drink the delicious beverage tea? Iced, sweetened, black, white, oolong, herbal, any of them?

Personally, I love tea. I drink an average of two to four cups a day, depending on when I wake up and how busy lazy I am that day.

I used to drink pre-packaged teas, but lately I've mostly switched entirely to loose leaf. Among my favorites are:
    Yunnan Golden Pu-erh
    Lapsang Souchong
    and Gunpowder green tea.

I'm drinking some Pu-erh right now, actually. It's probably my favorite of all-time. For those of you who haven't tried it, I can't imagine trying to sweeten it. Not to say it's bitter, but it tastes like sticks. Real earthy. It's also super dark, even without over-steeping you'll think you've got coffee in your mug because of how dark it is. Lapsang is a different tea. Whenever I go visit my family they hate when I brew it because they say it smells like a meat house. I think it smells like an old man, but whatevs. Don't sweeten that one, either, unless you're using something like honey or agave nectar. No sugar in Lapsang. As for gunpowder, that one tastes earthy, too, but more like rocks than sticks. You could probably put sugar in that one, if you really wanted to.

What are your favorite teas?

edit: removed links because I realized they were all to sites where you could purchase the teas and I didn't want to get in trouble for being mistaken as advertising. you guys can find the tea on your own

Last edited:

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    the title is the equivalent of asking if i breathe.
    Aw, that's no fun. What kind of tea do you drink?

I drink tea as well, mainly Tazo pre-packaged teas, but I may get a teapot this summer for loose-leaf.
    I used to drink Tazo a lot. I really loved their Focus blend - I got a lot of my friends to start drinking tea by giving them some packets of that stuff. My taste changed, though, and now it's too sweet for me. The only thing I can enjoy from Tazo these days is their regular old English Breakfast tea.
    And you don't have to get a teapot for loose leaf! I'd love to get one, but I've just got a cheapo water-heater and a big strainer that fits snug in my favorite mug.

Years
    For hot tea like peppermint from Twinnings and Irish Breakfast tea. I also enjoy chamomile.

For iced tea, plain southern sweet tea is good once in awhile on a hot day

Sirfetch’d

I live in Alabama so it's basically a law to drink sweet tea ;)

Years
    I absolutely love tea! I drink several cups a day

The kinds of tea I always have in my house are Earl Grey, English Breakfast, some kind of green tea, fennel, and peppermint :> and then I usually have an assortment of other various kinds, depending on my moods and what I stumble upon haha
    Earl Grey and English Breakfast I usually drink with a bit of sugar and milk, though sometimes I like putting in a bit of lemon juice instead

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I love unsweet tea, iced. :) That's my favorite. I drink it every day. But I really like tropical teas and ones with some taste. Unsweet tea is my family's drink. We ALL drink tea. :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I can't start the day without some chai tea. It's a type of black tea with several spices in it. Half that, half milk (preferably chocolate), and you're set. I'm not sure if it counts, but it has tea at the end, so I'm counting it anyway, haha.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i don't drink tea as much as i should/want to, but i do love it.

i like green, black, white, chai, pretty much every kind i can think of. i'm not so great with bitter stuff, so i do like adding sugar... but milk and tea is still a new concept for me.

Years
    I had some cinnamon apple tea just this morning. :D Just like pretty much nearly every sunday morning now. If not that, then mint tea. Amuses me when I make it, since I grab it in the lobby (well, what would count as a lobby area there) right before church services and half the time I make it people are like "what's that, it smells so good??" It is rather good. (Although I found out I absolutely have to use splenda in it: three splenda packets is sweeter than five sugar packets. Yes, I have tested this.)

I haven't been drinking as much tea as I tend to do in winter months, although now would be the perfect time to drink more iced green tea! But I tend to go for green tea, chai (often spiced, although I've tried chocolate chai before, it tasted like drinking a necco wafer), uh...I also have some raspberry tea, although I keep forgetting about that. And then some chamomile for when I want something calming.

There aren't many teas I don't like, although I do notice I'm not a big fan of earl grey. I don't hate it, it just doesn't do as much for me as some other teas do.

Ahh, if it didn't mean having to go wash mugs right now, I would be tempted to go make some tea for myself.

I can't start the day without some chai tea. It's a type of black tea with several spices in it. Half that, half milk (preferably chocolate), and you're set. I'm not sure if it counts, but it has tea at the end, so I'm counting it anyway, haha.
    Chocolate milk. o,o I've put things like cinnamon-flavored creamer in mine, but I've never thought of putting chocolate milk in there. Interesting!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    As I opened this thread, I was taking a sip from my can of sparkling iced tea.

I do enjoy tea, but I don't drink as much of it as I should. I tend to go for iced tea over hot, since I can drink iced tea while eating or relaxing after work. Hot tea is reserved for cold nights, or when I want a particular flavor that tastes better hot. With milk and sugar, of course. I love sweeter teas.

So despite my living in the north, I absolutely adore southern sweet tea.

Lucid

I love sweet tea, and Lipton diet citrus, I don't normally drink diet drinks, but I like how this one taste. I got a glass tea pot for Christmas, so I've been buying flowering teas lately, they're neat to look at, I really love the Jasmine flavored one.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Oh man, don't even get me started on tea haha

I drink all kinds of tea. I drink some every morning, it's kind of my substitute for coffee haha. I usually drink some white tea at night before bed, because it helps me relax.

I like to try all kinds, but my favorites which I always have on hand are gyokuro, jasmine white tea, and sencha jade. Oh, and oolong tea. And mint-flavored herbal tea. And black dragon pearls.

Okay, I might be addicted. Maybe...

Back