• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] dragons vs fairies

Dragons or Fairies?

• Dragons

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Fairies

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • dragons vs fairies
    dragons vs fairies

set type advantages aside
    which side are you on? the side of the dragons or the fairies?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Hm. Weighs Flygon, Flapple, and Noivern against Wigglytuff, Ribombee, and Floette.

Picks Team Fairy. Prefers their more varied aesthetics. Played with more of them too. Used Mega Mawile, Sylveon, Togekiss, and Aromatisse on Battle Maison teams. Selected (non-Mega and not Fairy) Audino (beep beep) and Mr. Mime on Dynamax Adventures frequently. Ran with Florges, Ribombee, and Grimmsnarl in the first playthrough of their respective generations.

Compiled lists of each below. Excluded a Pokemon's alternate versions if their base version was present (see: no mention of Mega Altaria under Dragon).

Spoiler: List of Dragon types

Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite
    Kingdra
    Vibrava and Flygon
    Altaria
    Bagon, Shelgon, and Salamence
    Latias
    Latios
    Rayquaza
    Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus
    Druddigon
    Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Dragalge
    Tyrunt and Tyrantrum
    Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra
    Noibat and Noivern
    Zygarde
    Turtonator
    Drampa
    Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, and Kommo-o
    Guzzlord
    Necrozma
    Naganadel
    Applin, Flapple, and Appletun
    Dracozolt
    Dracovish
    Duraludon
    Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult
    Eternatus
    Regidrago

Mega Charizard X
    Alolan Exeggutor
    Mega Ampharos
    Mega Sceptile

Spoiler: List of Fairy types

Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable
    Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, and Wigglytuff
    Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime
    Togepi, Togetic, and Togekiss
    Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill
    Snubbull and Granbull
    Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir
    Mawile
    Cottonee and Whimsicott
    Flabébé, Floette, and Florges
    Spritzee and Aromatisse
    Swirlix and Slurpuff
    Sylveon
    Dedenne
    Carbink
    Klefki
    Xerneas
    Diancie
    Primarina
    Cutiefly and Ribombee
    Morelull and Shiinotic
    Comfey
    Mimikyu
    Tapu Koko
    Tapu Lele
    Tapu Bulu
    Tapu Fini
    Magearna
    Hatterene
    Impidimp, Morgrem, and Grimmsnarl
    Milcery and Alcremie
    Zacian

Alolan Ninetales
    Galarian Rapidash
    Galarian Weezing
    Mega Altaria
    Mega Audino

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • This was a very close tie for me (in fact perhaps I made the wrong decision haha), but fairies won out because they are closer to my aesthetic and many of my favourites are that typing!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I prefer fairy type by far. I liked the dragon type when I was a child because "omg dragons!!" But as I got older I couldn't help but feel that they're kinda lame. Especially after gen III I thought their designs for the most part went downhill.

Years
  • Bit of a tough one really. There are some fairy types I really really like (see: Gardevoir) but theres also a lot of dragons too. The new dragons aren't all that appealing to me like the Goodra line and the Apple line and the Dragon/ghost one (already forgot its name). I think it's gotta do more with dragon having a really set idea when people hear the word that when you show things like say Alolan Exeggutor and say its a dragon, I'll say you're pulling my leg and move on.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I do wonder what side I would be on, it's such a mystery.

Spoiler: hmmmm
    dragon, I've always loved them and they are a part of my personality.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I like a Fairy as a typing in itself more than Dragon but there are more Dragon type Pokemon that I like so off that sole merit I will have to side with Dragon.

Years
  • this.. is actually a tough one for me! buuut fairy has the slight edge for me, here. mostly for aesthetic reasons, as i don't really vibe a whole lot with the dragon type (despite finding a lot of them cool).

Years
  • I think I will have to go with Dragon because I think I like Fairy more as a secondary typing. All of the Fairy Pokemon I like the most (Gardevoir, Grimmsnarl, Ribombee, Tapu Koko) the Fairy typing is secondary and I am not a fan of the more, cutesy-round-pink-shits the a lot of the Fairys seem to be.

Years
    • Seen today
    Fairies. I find more interesting ideas and options to choose from among them, and it's good that Fairy type exist to also give Poison more purpose.

And there's the fact that around half of the Dragons are legendaries or pseudo-legendaries, which I don't like to use.

Years
  • I like both a lot but think I'll vote fairies. Probably? There are a lot I like, especially favorites like Diancie and Whimsicott. Can't say no to cuties like Ribombee and Floette either. Don't get me wrong, dragons are also awesome and have some great mons (screams flygon and altaria!!!), but fairies edge out every so slightly. :D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • hmmmm

really good dragons: Dratini line, Goomy line, Jangmo-o, Altaria, Noibat line.
    really good fairies: Togepi line, Sylveon, Mawile, Primarina, Mimikiyu, Ribombee

yeah i'll take dragon! i want to love fairies more, the concept of them is so cool, but it mostly fails in practice for me because a lot of them are just boring pink blobs or things that feel like they could easily just be grass type with no great loss.

Years
  • Dragons. There are a lot more Dragon types that I like a lot compared to just a few Fairy types I actually like a lot, I have a neutral opinion (meaning I don't really care) towards the majority of Fairy types. And I also used a lot more dragons on my playthtough teams than fairies.

Dragons I used: Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Haxorus, Druddigon, Tyrantrum, Mega Sceptile, Noivern and Kommo-o.

Fairies I used: Granbull, Primarina, Mega Altaria and Alolan Ninetales. I also used Clefable but in Gen 3 when it was a Normal type so I don't think that counts.

Last edited:

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Dragons because I know which of the two I'd rather have tattoo'd on me.

Years
  • Dragon's more close to me since it's been around way longer. Fairy types are also not a problem for me to handle anyway because I'll almost always have a Crobat on my team eyy

pkmin3033

Dragons. Two gens after introduction and Fairy still feels like it was shoehorned in solely to counter Dragons and not as a meaningful addition the way Dark and Steel were, a lot of Pokemon that should be fairy type are not, and it just…doesn't really fit in generally, honestly.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    It's interesting that you feel like a lot of Pokes that should be Fairy type are not, because I feel like they slapped the typing onto too many pre-existing Pokes. Which ones do you think should get the typing?

Years
  • While dragon may be strong, frankly fairy is stronger. I chose dragon because has more pokemon that I like and fairy doesn't have enough variety for me.

Back