• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"eew that was what I chose for a username?!"

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    It was around the time I joined that name changes had been banned, so I've never had a name change. I have however had some terribly weird names in the past, including:
    • Pitchoumi
    • Foxcrow
    • Scoobyfool (I don't even)
    • Serpantos
    • Abuta/Abuto (some name of a rainforest plant)

Sirfetch’d

I wasn't around when username changes were allowed unfortunately, but If I was I'd probably have changed my name. I've grown to like my username a bit more recently, but I know that I could come up with a better one that makes me happier.

Years
    If I joined two months prior to the time I joined, I could have very well had a name change.. and I really wish I was able to get my name changed, because the name I chose was my Youtube name at the time, and I don't even really use Youtube to upload videos anymore.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm cool with my username, but Mac was right- 'Slenderwoman' would've been more fitting. It also would avoid confusion, considering people assume I'm a guy.

My name was chosen partially because I like Slenderman.
    Spoiler:

I also wanted it to be the same as my username on the last forum I used. I was banned permanently from that place, and I figure friends from there might possibly run into me here and realize who I am. (No luck yet, though.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Sadly I joined three months after name changes were disabled. I wasn't really...thinking straight when I thought of *this* name. Like...it was actually made because I was trying to hide from a certain person back then. Now I just want name changes to exist so I can get rid of the 90...at least. xD

I already have an account named Leaf Storm, whom I used for a short time...and I wanted to use that name. Then there's also Arilexa, my Battle Server name. The story behind Arilexa was straightforward, it was inspired by my two nieces, Ariana and Alexa. I combined both names when I was thinking of a name for my new computer, and the name instantly clicked on me and wanted to use it as a permanent username everywhere I go. xD

If name changes came back, I'd go for Arilexa this time.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Previous usernames:

-Bloodex-fire
    -~Bloodex.
    -Bloodex

As you can see, I didn't vary that much. I joined about a year or two before PC ultimately killed of name changes. And I took advantage of it as soon as possible, because the username "Bloodex-fire" just made me want to smack myself. Still does. The second username change came when PC made the dreaded announcement that name changes were going to be a thing of the past. After asking around for opinions, I decided to change to Bloodex, and had kept that username until literally a month ago.

Recently, I felt that I really wanted a name change for two reasons. One was that the name was really old, and I wanted something fresh. Two was because I felt the name was... well, a little nooby. Sure, I thought it was cool when I made it. Still think it's sorta neat. But it was too symbolic of my less mature self (not that there was much improvement, haha). Since name changes weren't allowed, people had to make brand new accounts. Being a mod, my decision was even more difficult. A regular member could switch back whenever they wanted, but a moderator didn't have that ability due to their position. When staff discussed the possibility of possibly allowing staff members to swap accounts under the condition they had one swap per a year's time period, I really thought it over. By the time hstaff decided to give account swaps the green light, I'd made my mind that I wanted to change and sacrifice my supportership as well as post count in favor of a new start. And thus, I, along with Jo, were the first mods to swap accounts. ^_^

I don't regret the swap at all, by the way. One month, 500+ posts, and a great username. Life's goooood.

Edit: Whoops. Nick was technically the first mod. Oh well.

Last edited:
    Years
    I joined after name changes were removed, and while I do admit I was a noob at the time I made this username in 2011 (it was just my original username on Bulbagarden carried over to here) but I do admit the numbers still look nice on me, it's got that ring to it, given 10 is one of my fave numbers but also the number of my birth month.

If name changes came back, I would have named myself one of these two names I have been using on Pokemon Showdown lately since I don't wanna account hop and prune my supporter title and postcount.

The first one is Hikamaru which was one I came up with on Showdown, basically it's Hikari combined with Mijumaru, the Japanese name of my fave Pokemon Oshawott. People have been thinking it's a Naruto reference but that's not true.

And there's my current Showdown username, Zeddawott which I got out of inspiration. I have recently been taking a liking towards the dance music producer Zedd, if you notice my profile video already, but I wanted to stay true to my Oshawott Fangirl status, so I took the two and formed the name.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I wouldn't change my name. Even if I HAD to.

I'd prefer to forget about the other one. It was a dark, dark part of my life and attracted weeaboos from across the globe.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    My username before was gunnerpow7 and I think it sounded way too noobish for me so I account hopped.

I used Lady Gunner since ppl already knew me as Gunner, I decided to keep that and tbh the whole name was inspired by Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time and now I decided to keep it since Lady sounds way too classy~

If name changes do come back, I might be swap the names from Lady Gunner with my other alt, arachnidsGrip or make a new one like The Queen of Shipping since it is one of my famous alts on the Battle Server.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I was around during name changes kind of but never changed mine because I don't think I was aware of it lol. And then when I came back for realsies they were gone. So let's just not ever mention decisions made by pre-2012!Anna, okay?

Last edited:
    Years
    "Seattle," I think that's a good name, though I've come across couple who have mistaken me for living in Seattle I can't really blame them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, I've joined PokéCommunity after name changes were cancelled. D: I'm kind of happy with my current name, but if name changes were ever brought back, then I'd probably change it to Versus Terminus. It's a song by In Flames, which is one of my favorite metal bands. If that's already taken, then I would most likely go with Mizuki Emi, a name that was inspired by a character from an anime that I used to watch~

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm fine with the username I have so if username changes were to come back mine would likely stay the same. I would probably change it to Kouzan for a little bit though if I could change it back. I don't want to lose this name permanently cause I love it too much. It's a name I've been using on sites for years now so it's become a sentimental thing for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I changed my username once from Lightning to Demyx. Kingdom Hearts II had just come out and I was really obsessed with Demyx's character. A whole bunch of staff were gender-bending at the time and changing their usernames to match so I gave it a try. Regretted it almost instantly and changed back as soon as the 6 month wait was over. I haven't changed my name since.

Honestly, I find Lightning to be kind of a lame name now. It's been around so long that it's practically my "noob" name now. There are only two sites I still use the name on that I actively use and I'd likely change in a heartbeat if I could on both of them... but I like the seniority of my account on both sites so I haven't switched to a new account with a better name. (Although if we're going way back, my first few usernames were probably pretty bad and the first one I remember was chibipichu which I had to change from because too many people used it...)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    My old account was C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f, something I despised because of the... you guessed it, the underscores. And guess what? Creampuff wasn't a taken username as well! I should have changed back to Creampuff, but sue me I didn't. I don't know why I just picked this one.

I also have an alt account under the name of Starlit Horizon, maybe I'll switch to using it at alternative stuff like Trivia or RPs.

If they ever came back... I'd switch my username to Elaitenstile, it just sounds woozy and way too swag.

Years
    Hehe I've been taking a liking to this name now that people call me by it, or by its abbreviated version. I also have a million other names on Showdown which I run through from time to time.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm happy with my username right now, and if PC allows username changes again, I'll go with the name of Starry Windy, one of the names I'm using on PC Battle Server.

Back