• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

elheroeoscuro reporting for duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    s of stereotypes are still so prominent. What are you doing now (maybe I missed this somewhere)? And how did that affect your education? Are you using the same degree for something in the field but different, or were you forced to go back to school and do something else to change sectors?
    I'm currently a Human Services major and I'm stuck with it unfortunately. I wanted to go into social work initially - most likely counseling for kids at this point - but I'm looking towards becoming a Kindergarten teacher now. Sucks though because Northeastern University doesn't offer Education as a major, so right now I'm looking into Education or Psychology as a minor and then going for my license in graduate school (depending on the answer I'm awaiting from the Department of Education as to some of my questions about which track is better to take.) The only reason why I'm not transferring right now to a different school is because Northeastern offers the #1 co-op program in the country (where I basically gain experience throughout college and can essentially graduate with a job) so I just plan on hopefully becoming a guidance counselor at the end of all this and gain experience in the schools while simultaneously taking night classes for graduate school to get my license to teach. I feel like that's the best course to take, but might be tricky to actually complete.

What's your favorite sport?
    Teams?
    American football! I'm a huge fan of the New England Patriots and New Orlean Saints. I don't know if you actually follow football, but free agency has been nuts so far (and has overall left a bad taste in my mouth as my favorite teams have made very, very poor moves thus far to better their teams.)
    apologies if this has been asked before - you said you're a music fan, so do you play an instrument yourself or make it in any way? if you could what genre would you probably do?
    I do! I played the trumpet and am currently learning how to play the acoustic guitar. Although my real passion is in the violin and if I ever get a chance to learn how to play it - which I might this summer! - I'll die of happiness.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I do! I played the trumpet and am currently learning how to play the acoustic guitar. Although my real passion is in the violin and if I ever get a chance to learn how to play it - which I might this summer! - I'll die of happiness.

oh cool! i love violin, it seems really hard haha. i only ever played flute and i sing and that's it for me. good luck with it!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey you're from Boston! I've been to Boston. How's Boston for you?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Hey you're from Boston! I've been to Boston. How's Boston for you?
    Why didnt you visit me? Jerk. But I love Boston, being in the city is amazing! I love being able to use public transportation everywhere and not have to pay for gas; its a good deal. However, the last month and a half had been hell due to all the snow we've been hit with. A lot of back roads weren't plowed so s lot of people had 7ft snow piles outside their homes. Actually it was announced today that we broke Boston's record of most snow in a given year. It's been bad here.

Basically, after this winter I never want to see snow again.
    TV or movies?
    Movies! I actually don't watch that much TV anymore (besides Sherlock, Louie, and Bob's Burgers.) My girlfriend and I actually go to the movies weekly nowadays and we've seen a lot of good ones recently. Go see CHAPPiE if you haven't already!
    Sanguine said:
    Do you ever feel guilty for having the Italian cheat code for good looks?
    I mean you're incredibly hot and beautiful yourself so I guess we're both lucky in that regards!

But on a serious note - and this will probably come across as conceded but I think it's the truth - I do feel...fortunate I sulpose that I had good genes. Some people go through a lot of shit because of the way they look. I know that as a result it makes people tougher and thick skinned, but no single person should have to go through the barrage of slurs and judgments that are thrown at them because of their looks.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    are you honored to have the same name as me?

give me a detailed report of your experiences at Northeastern. I'm looking into it; might end up going there. I don't really know yet. it's up in the air.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    are you honored to have the same name as me?
    I really should be asking you that question oops did I say that out loud

maccrash said:
    give me a detailed report of your experiences at Northeastern. I'm looking into it; might end up going there. I don't really know yet. it's up in the air.

It really depends on what your major is going in, but I'll generalize it as best as I can takes sip of coffee:

Northeastern University is a very urban campus. Located in the heart of Boston, it is a main central location in which you will never be bored. Want to see live music? You have the House of Blues, the Royale, the Paradise Rock Club, the Sinclaire, the Great Scott, and the list goes on and on in which you can see big names such as Panic! At the Disco, Bastille, Childish Gambino, Kodaline, and the list goes on and on with big bands and small no name bands. You're also surrounded by pubs so when you hit the drinking age you'll be ready and set to go (although that doesn't stop underage drinking from going on, as you probably are well aware of.) If you like sports, than Fenway Park which is a five minute walk from campus is the way to go (House of Blues is right behind that) as well as if you like art, the Museum of Fine Arts is right next to campus in which you can get in for free with presentation of your ID.

In terms of transportation, you'll be happy to know that you can get literally anywhere in the city thanks to the easy access of the T system. You have two lines directly on campus - the Orange Line and the Green LIne - which can take you to most parts of the city, as well as there is a train station on campus if you need to go off the grid. It's pretty cheap and runs to I believe 3AM nowadays, so you'll be able to go to those late night shows and get back on campus in time.

If you're looking for a good sports program, Northeastern I wouldn't say is the most popular place for that. We celebrate the Beanpot every year (which is a hockey tournament for King of Boston, which is between Northeastern University, Boston College, Boston University, and Harvard University) but other than that you won't see a big turnout for sporting events. If you're interested in that, Boston University or Boston College would probably be a better selling point.

However, the main reason why Northeastern University should be a top school on your list of potential suitors is it's co-op program. In your time at Northeastern, you will be placed with 2-3 six month work semesters where you will gain experience according to your major, which raises your chances to about 80% in terms of graduating with a job due to the experience you will have on your resume. If you don't choose Northeastern University, I'm telling you, apply to a school that offers a co-op program. I can't stress this enough. Experience is more highly praised than a degree nowadays, so you'll want to go to a school that offers both.

Northeastern is an expensive school. I won't beat around the bush when it comes to this issue. It's about $45,000 a year, and it's most likely going up every year. Scholarships are available as well as Work Study in case you want to work while on campus, but other than that you are on your own when it comes to having a side job while studying. I'm not going to say whether or not it's difficult to land a job here as I've never pursued one, but just know that this is the city and so I'd like to say there are a lot of chances out there.

I don't know where you live, but take distance as a factor if you're planning on moving far away from your rents. You'll still have two vacations like most colleges so that's there to go off of.

I could go on and on about NU but I'm not entirely in the best mood to keep on going. If you have more specific questions about the university, feel free to leave them here and I'll answer them accordingly.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What is your favourite video game series?

Where did your username originate?

What's your favourite way to kill time outside of PC?

Who do you think has been the most influential human being of all time?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    What is your favourite video game series?
    Depends. Personally for me, it's a tie between Dark Souls and Legend of Zelda. Obviously, these are two different franchises with completely different playstyles so I lean more heavily towards one depending on my game mood. Video games in general have become a lot more lax and easy in nature, so the Dark Souls games are nice doses of fresh air. Sure, the games are absurdly hard at times, but I'd rather have an actual challenge than a game where I can literally look away from the TV and still progress.

I'm a little backlogged on the Legend of Zelda games - still need to play Skyward Sword - but the games have a great way of making me reflect on my childhood. I have fond memories of borrowing Wind Waker from my friends constantly and playing the game into the wee hours of the night. Puts a smile on my face to say the least. A Link Between Worlds is a close second in terms of favorite game.
    Where did your username originate?
    It's a long story haha. I made a blog entry about it a long time ago which saves me the hassle of explaining everything again. You can access it via the link found here.
    What's your favourite way to kill time outside of PC?
    I never have any free time, to be perfectly honest. Juggling work and a relationship essentially....takes about 15 hours out of my day. I guess if anything it's playing video games.

Who do you think has been the most influential human being of all time?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    You mentioned you like the Violin... Should I serenade you with one? ;)

What aspect of the violin interests you most?

How long have you had said relationship?

And how did you meet?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    What do you feel about the gender stereotypes that surrounds the nurse profession? I'll be honest, I was also somewhat guilty for this before I learned on the existance of male nurses, although mainly because I haven't seen a male nurse in person myself. imo nursing is an honorable profession and male nurses shouldn't get bashed simply because female is the dominant gender in that role.

Also, how does it feel after coming back from your staff role to your usual blogging antics?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    You mentioned you like the Violin... Should I serenade you with one? ;)
    If you don't mind me swooning over you with such ease, then YES!

What aspect of the violin interests you most?
    The pure sound it produces (when played correctly.) It's such an elegant instrument, and the rhythm/motions that musicians go through are such eccentrically wonderful that it just makes me really envious that they can play it. Just one of the many, many to-do's on my bucket list thus far!

How long have you had said relationship?
    I have been in this said relationship for 10 months this upcoming May 4th!

And how did you meet?
    We met actually working together last summer at my town's local movie drive-in (yes those are still a thing!) She was popping popcorn in the back when I ran into her for the first time. Admittedly, I fell head over heels for her the minute I gazed into her eyes...

Spoiler:

What do you feel about the gender stereotypes that surrounds the nurse profession? I'll be honest, I was also somewhat guilty for this before I learned on the existance of male nurses, although mainly because I haven't seen a male nurse in person myself. imo nursing is an honorable profession and male nurses shouldn't get bashed simply because female is the dominant gender in that role.
    It's unfortunate, but they do exist. For example, when I first told my dad that I was going into nursing he immediately blurted out that I was doing it only to "hook up with the ladies." Incredibly sexist, I know, but that's a true stereotype in today's world.

Thankfully, we're progressing into a society where we are continually breaking down social barrier. Women are moving into male dominated roles; men are moving into woman dominated roles. However, there is still a huge disparity between the two and we have a lot of work to be done. Still, the needle is pointing in the right direction.

Men can work just as well as women in a gender-dominated profession and vice versa. Stereotypes are incredibly ignorant and unacceptable, yet they still exist. I've been belittled time and time again for being "gay" and "not a man" for expressing characteristics and association with this kind of profession. Thankfully, I've grown a steel curtain that deflects those insults. However, not everyone can do that, and thus we need to work on eliminating these stereotypes.

Also, how does it feel after coming back from your staff role to your usual blogging antics?

It's really fun! I've got a lot of ideas on my mind as to what to implicate, but I'm still trying to figure out a good schedule for myself to put those ideas into writing. It'll take a little bit of time but the entries will start coming out more and more. The thing I'm actually most excited for is my Scribble Bloggity section - I've been reading a lot of books recently, which has ultimately sparked my interest in writing fiction again! So see something related to that in the next few weeks or so.

(and if you have any ideas for entries, always feel free to shoot them my way. They're always much appreciated xoxo <3)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    How many hours have you clocked on Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire?

Did you ever play Link's Awakening on the GBC? How was that for you?

Who are your greatest rivals in life? They don't have to be people, you can answer with time or money, but people are cool too :)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    How many hours have you clocked on Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire?
    Zero! :P Which is really bizarre considering Hoenn is my favorite region. I've just been so back logged with half finished games - Shovel Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo MCC, Dying Light, Lords of the Fallen, etc. etc. - that I haven't had the time to play that. Plus, I just that Pokemon X was meh so maybe that twisted my view of it!

Did you ever play Link's Awakening on the GBC? How was that for you?
    I haven't! However, if it's any consolation, I've played Oracle of Seasons on the GBC. I in general find Legend of Zelda GBC games really bizarre, just because of the limitations of the handheld. If we're talking about A Link Between Worlds though...now thats a game!

Who are your greatest rivals in life? They don't have to be people, you can answer with time or money, but people are cool too :)
    Nicky Minaj, Snoop Dogg, and your mum.

Nah but seriously, probably procrastination. There are so many things that I want to do that procrastination is the absolute worst. Don't be me kids: life's, short, enjoy the most of it. (And for people probably my dad; I don't want to be like him.)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Zero! :P Which is really bizarre considering Hoenn is my favorite region. I've just been so back logged with half finished games - Shovel Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo MCC, Dying Light, Lords of the Fallen, etc. etc. - that I haven't had the time to play that. Plus, I just that Pokemon X was meh so maybe that twisted my view of it!

Oh, man. Should you pick it up, just be prepared for feels. Hoenn was a great region that I didn't give the time of day because I was pissed off about not being able to trade my Gold/Silver collection (try explaining bit code limitations to a 10-year-old lol), and ORAS has to be, hands down, the most complete Pokemon game I have ever played. I got all misty-eyed during some of the more epic sequences.

I haven't! However, if it's any consolation, I've played Oracle of Seasons on the GBC. I in general find Legend of Zelda GBC games really bizarre, just because of the limitations of the handheld. If we're talking about A Link Between Worlds though...now thats a game!

That is indeed a splendid game as well. although some of the plot lines were kinda obvious...

Nicky Minaj, Snoop Dogg, and your mum.

Nah but seriously, probably procrastination. There are so many things that I want to do that procrastination is the absolute worst. Don't be me kids: life's, short, enjoy the most of it. (And for people probably my dad; I don't want to be like him.)

Responses in Bold.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    #1 For you, what is the best way for a person to improve on his/her hobby, and what are some tell-tale signs that a certain hobby isn't really worth pursuing anymore

#2 If Johnny Bravo had a live action actor, who would be worthy to play the part of the said character?

#3 Skrillex or Mozart?

Etherion

Which would you rather binge watch: American Dad or Family Guy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back