• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exercise

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
  • Do you exercise? If so how often do you do it and what exercises do you do!? I try to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. I consider walking to be exercise as long as I'm not going at a snail-like pace. I can run too, but I hate sweating. Sometimes I do crunches and push-ups because I want to tone my belly a bit. So what exercises do you do? If you don't exercise then why not?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Walking to class counts as exercise, and no one can convince me otherwise

pkmin3033

I usually go for a walk once or twice a day for about 20 minutes. That's as much as I get and as much as I need, haha. Exercise is a dirty, dirty word. It should be censored.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I tend to very between push ups, sit ups, crunches, squats, leg raises and what have you every day.

Not the most optimal way but I'm limited due to my condition. I like how my body is right now, though.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I've been meaning to, but due to time restraints I really can't do what I want to do. I'd love to get back into Wado-Ryu and weight lifting again but I barely have enough time to play video games.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I started running earlier this year, ran a 5k, and then dropped it for the most part. I stopped having time for it, but I do want to start exercising more. I just need to stop forgetting!

Years
  • I need to exercise more actually, as it is right now I only walk sometimes ;u; I think it would be beneficial to walk more.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Do you exercise? If so how often do you do it and what exercises do you do!? I try to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. I consider walking to be exercise as long as I'm not going at a snail-like pace. I can run too, but I hate sweating. Sometimes I do crunches and push-ups because I want to tone my belly a bit. So what exercises do you do? If you don't exercise then why not?

If it's fat you wanna lose, I'd recommend doing some cardio, especially HIIT. Those really do help :)

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • If it's fat you wanna lose, I'd recommend doing some cardio, especially HIIT. Those really do help :)

Well I'm thin, but I do put on weight kinda easily when I binge. When that happens I usually just take an extra long walk though.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I want to start, I have a couple of friends who want to go to the gym but I have yet to schedule anything with them.

Years
  • I had mostly relied on walking as my main form of exercise. Yeah, just normal walking, because one, I was trying not to overdo things since I am way out of shape and wanted to lose a bit first before I did much more, and two, some of the streets here are so steep that merely walking up them is just about a workout in itself. Seriously.

Haven't done it in a while though. Procrastination and lack of motivation bit me again - I basically went from every day or nearly every day, to not doing it at all - and I'm having a hard time shaking them off. "I'll do it later since I want to do this thing first...okay, I'll still do it later...in a little bit...okay I guess I'll do it tomorrow now." Meh.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I'm too lazy for sports.

I do like long walks though. I've been walking to work instead of driving for the last nine months, basically walking almost two hours per day.

And every Saturday I just go out for extra long walks, which usually take five to six hours, this is something I do to clear my head after a week of work (also, to buy some food, the walks in question always involve stopping at a mall, which is why I always take a backpack with me when I do this) . The one I did today took almost seven hours, I was compensating for having gained a bit of weight during the last two weeks :) .

I don't really enjoy intense exercise though. When I walk, I put in my headphones and listen to music or podcasts non-stop and end up paying little attention to what I'm doing. When I do something more intensive, though, I can't help feeling exasperated and thinking "It is over? When will this be over?". That's why I take a six-hour walk over a half-hour jog any day.

I also attach weights to my ankles when I go out for walks. That helps with the "exercise" part :) .

And while my weight is stagnating at the moment, through eating less and walking more, I lost almost 80 pounds since last year. My Wii Fit U tells me I went from being obese (to the point where my BMI went off the scale) to overweight (my BMI is currently in the middle of the "overweight" part of the scale), so that's cool.

Back