• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Parts of SM!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    hello everyone!!

I'd literally just picked my two copies of SM from a shop the was over a hour away from the other shops unable to give me a copy and came home as fast as I can to play them ^^

For the most part, today everyone will be uncovering the long-awaited Generation 7 games and finally figuring out what these games are up to.

It may be early and not everyone has beaten the game, but what are your favorite features/parts of Pokémon Sun & Moon? I'm on the part rn where it's asking you to select your language and right off the bat one of my favorite things about the game is the music <3

P.S.- If you'd beaten the game or know a plot twist in the game pleasepleasepleaseeee put a spoiler warning just in case for people who want a surprises & shocks in the game as they play ;) thank you!

Sir Codin

when I went to purchase some moomoo milk:

"This milk is so mellow, yet rich, that it'll make you wish your mother were a Miltank"

UM.........................................WAT

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    There's a lot but the music has consistently been amazing to me and exceeded my expectations after gen 6 (before later sm trailers) by miles.

Also I love Nebby with every fiber of my being.

I love the upgraded difficulty! Pokémon generally isn't a difficult game series for longtime/older fans who have played before, but the increase in difficulty is definitely notice even for us these gens. The music is nice, but so far none of the tracks have clicked with me yet (though I do love them). But I just need time. =p

Also Ilima hee hee.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Just love the immersion of the game so far. Alola is beautiful, and a lot of the little things they did really add to experience. Really love that Wild West town for some reason. Gladion seems to be shaping up into an awesome character too.

Only gripe is that I'm playing on older 3DS XL, and it's quite annoying anytime there's a double battle or Totem pokemon, the game lags pretty noticeably.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I like the Nursery.

Spoiler:

And the fact that we can see the stats of a Pokemon when choosing a move to replace.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Even though I didn't get the game yet and watched it from numerous gameplay/trailers, but here goes one of them:

Spoiler: The moment of picking starters
    The fact that when you choose starters, Hala states that the starters need to chose you as well. The decision moment between player and the starters looks adorable, especially when he/she raises their Pokémon as their partner ^^

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    When you can choose to add a newly caught Pokemon directly into your party or send to a box when you already have 6 Pokemon on hand.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I love Pokémon Refresh. It's really fun being able to clean up or tend to your Pokémon straight after a battle, and I love the fact that you can cure them of status ailments through Refresh as well. Super adorable feature!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Team Skull are just comical. I loved these guys right from the off but after seeing them in-game with their goofy dialogue and mannerisms, I think they'll go down as one of the most memorable villainous teams of them all.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Definitely when the trial captains were demonstrating the Z-moves. Some of them are just awkward, with the other characters silent as the captain strikes their pose. Pretty funny.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I love Pokémon Refresh. It's really fun being able to clean up or tend to your Pokémon straight after a battle, and I love the fact that you can cure them of status ailments through Refresh as well. Super adorable feature!
    Same here. As someone who was a fan of Pokemon-Amie, I'm really glad to see the improvements made to Refresh. It's so much easier to remember to use it on my Pokemon, since it pops up at the end of every battle (once the affection is high enough), and all I have to do is hit that little button on the touch screen.

I also like that there's no minigames as part of the cycle to raise a Pokemon's affection. While the Heading game was my favorite in Amie, it was really difficult to just "pick up and play" a round of Heading. In Refresh, I can just spend a few seconds giving my Pokemon some pets, a bean, and then they're happy and I'm happy.

Plus the grooming is great at the end of battles. I waffled about buying status healing items at the mart because I figured that I'd be healing my Pokemon more with Refresh.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I love being able to deny that you've seen Team Skull before, there are also a lot more dialogue options which really makes the game feel like more of an RPG, even if they don't have much purpose to them.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    literally everything they've done to improve upon past stuff:
    1. you can add a pokemon to your party or a box even if your party is full
    2. YOU CAN SEND EGGS STRAIGHT TO YOUR PC
    3. TAUROS IS SO FAST
    4. no hms!!!
    5. the characters all seem different from each other instead of just the same character x8

This!

+ I really enjoy the plaza and the mini games :3

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
    Character development galore! So far, I really love everyone in this game, including the minor characters. This is what I loved about Gen V the most, and I am so glad to see it again in Gen VII!

Plus, the story is so fantastic.

Only gripe is that I'm playing on older 3DS XL, and it's quite annoying anytime there's a double battle or Totem pokemon, the game lags pretty noticeably.

I don't think it's your 3DS XL. I have the N3DS XL and the lag is horrendous during double battles and the Battle Royal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Let's see:
    1. The Tapu-by far the most interesting part about this game. I really got invested in their development throughout the game and learning more about them

2. Lillie/Gladion: Great Characters and I hope they come back in a sequel or so. They add so much to the game and without them I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. At first, I thought they would be so annoying(with Lillie always clinging onto me and Gladion battling me every 2 seconds) but somehow they still remain likeable. I also love Lillie's new outfit. So cute!

3. The environments: Alola is beautiful. Enough said.

4. The Music: I don't think one sound track sucks. Not one. The only ones I don't like is Guzma's theme and the Legendary Pokemon theme, but other than that, it's so good. My favorite is the Kahuna/Elite 4 theme.

5. The Story: I thought we couldn't get a story better than Black and White...I was so so wrong.

It was such a nice experience to play this game and I can't wait to do it again in Pokemon Moon!

Back