• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Features you'd like to see

pkmin3033

Self-explanatory topic title here: what features, either new or returning, would you like to see in this game? How realistic do you think it is that it'll be included?

National Dex please and thank you, if you're going to make a massive open world, put every Pokemon in it

Years
    • Seen today
    -No natures, IV's, or EV's. If they're gonna be in anyway, then I want to see an easy way to obtain Nature Mints, EV reducing berries, and Bottle Caps.
    -Sidequests
    -Interesting villains
    -An easy way to obtain Pokemon that evolve by trading

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    - Pokemon personality. Means more than just "Careful nature" or "likes to take siestas". Make Timid Pokemon eye an ally Pokemon nervously. Give a happy dance to Jolly Pokemon. Wants Sword/Shield-like reactions in the Wild Area (flee, approach, pursue) too, but expanded. Suggests actions like "run for help" (leading to a double battle), "ambush" (used sparingly), "blend in", and "hit and run".

Doubts the former happening, due to the sheer amount of work. Could see more reactions.

- Difficulty settings. Please? Emphasized 25 years of Pokemon. Grew as players in that timespan. Improved. Should not have to wait until the end of the game or self-impose rules for a decent challenge.

Considers this unlikely, sadly.

- Non-linear progression. Pick between going to the Ice, Ground, and Steel gym. Amp up the levels of whatever you visit next.

Might get non-linear progression, but without the level bumps.

- Daily/weekly/monthly events. Offers a Bug Catching contest on Tuesday. Finds big sales on Sundays. Heard about a Scyther swarm today. Migrates southward for warmth during winter months.

Imagines this to be quite possible.

Years
  • -No natures, IV's, or EV's. If they're gonna be in anyway, then I want to see an easy way to obtain Nature Mints, EV reducing berries, and Bottle Caps.

Personally, same! I'd rather not turn this into a game where I feel pressured to hunt for a mon with the right nature and work towards optimal EVs for them, even though that tends to make up most of my post-game playtime in main series games. For this type of game it seems like it'd be really tedious. I'd rather focus on exploring and encountering as many Pokémon as I can.

Please give us side quests and more than one major location. Thinking of Genshin Impact which has multiple beautiful and immersive locations. I'd love more than that one starting-looking area. Also, shinies rarely found in overworld!!

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Something I wouldn't want to see would be motion controls. If they are in the game, at least give us the option to turn them off via the Settings, rather than have us do something like speak to a random NPC to turn of motion controls for the Ultra Wormhole in USUM.

Also, being able to ride on certain Pokémon could be good. They could have areas you can't reach without riding on certain Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    My hopes in no particular order:
    -National Dex
    -Side quests
    -Non linear progression
    -Ability to ride a Pokemon
    -Some sort of mini games we can do with our Pokemon (like the HGSS ones) --> This one's probably the least likely to be in it honestly
    -A way to care for the Pokemon to raise affection/happiness. I just love the caring aspect of the games <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I would understand if, for the sake of the setting, they limited the Pokémon - it would make sense to be 'only natives', since they made a point of how the starters were imported.
    As the above poster mentioned, I think bringing back the riding gimmick from Sun and Moon or Let's Go will be vital, as it is important for open-world games to have more movement options, and it would be a waste to just fix that with fast travel.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I really don't understand how are people expecting National Dex in this game. Not only because PokeDex didn't even exist at that time, but because chronologically it won't make any sense for Pokémon like Porygon, Ditto, Mewtwo, Voltorb, Rotom and maybe even the fossils to exist back then.

- I would like them to bring back the deleted moves, or at least Return, Frustration and Hidden Power.
    - If they end up not bringing back Hidden Power, at least maybe erase IVs from existence because it's an absurd concept and without hidden power there's no reason it should exist.
    - Side quests would be a very interesting thing to see.
    - More than one save file, but apparently that is too much to ask for this franchise. There's no reason for having only one savefile in 2021!!!
    - Difficulty options that aren't locked upon completion. Difficulty shouldn't be self-induced by ignoring game features. I want the game to make me suffer but at the same time to let me suffer in peace.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I really don't understand how are people expecting National Dex in this game. Not only because PokeDex didn't even exist at that time, but because chronologically it won't make any sense for Pokémon like Porygon, Ditto, Mewtwo, Voltorb, Rotom and maybe even the fossils to exist back then.

I like your perspective on that! You have a good point. I'm changing my list above. Something this far in the past really *shouldn't* have a national dex since a good chunk of Pokemon would not have been discovered or even created yet (like with Mewtwo). I'd be way ok with a shortened Pokedex.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Occurs in Sinnoh. Pulled Cyndaquil, Rowlet, and Oshawott from non-Sinnoh regions, however. Indicates more than just the standard Diamond/Pearl/Platinum selection.

Never knows what madness may happen between Dialga (control over time), Palkia (control over space), and the Distortion World either. Explained away oddities in Alola with Ultra Space. Justifies it easier here.

(Doubts a National Dex too, personally. Guesses a number around Sword/Shield's count.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Honestly just nothing from sword and shield.

I think I saw a ride pokemon in a screencap somewhere, and if I get it I'll probably just never use it if I can.

Other than that, I just want a good user interface and item management system that keeps in mind the live nature of the gameplay.
    I don't want to go into my bag, and have a huge menu cover the entire screen with the whole world "pausing" around me.

Works fine in 2-d and some others, but this type of game really needs something more dynamic.

The only other thing I wanted (non-stiff and non-linear battles) is unlikely to change at this point, so I'll leave it at that.

Years
  • Obviously Megas, but I don't see that happening. I'd like to see your character be able to improve relationships with villagers and unlock special perks or items that way by helping or having positive dialogue.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    I have some ideas for features/ ideas I'd like to see.

1) Crafting special Pokeballs in order to catch certain Pokemon.(Using certain ingredients to create a Dusk Ball or Lure Ball)

2)Quests related to the Legendaries/Mythicals. Similar to the Crown Tundra but on a much bigger scale.

3)The ability to dive underwater somehow.

4)A quest/quests like Tarrey Town from BOTW.

5) A more expanded Pokemon Camp with cooking similar to BOTW and Amie Features.

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
  • Crafting would be a really neat thing! BOTW cooking was fun, but crafting mechanics in open world games can be really interesting. Maybe some farming would be nice? Like you can raise some Pokemon at a home base area and get products from them like wool or milk?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • All I really want are:

- Crafting: At the bare minimum, creating our own pokeballs from apricorns or something similar. But also being able to create new outfits, concoctions for healing or status ailments, and bigger bags or other useful pieces of equipment from materials we or our Pokemon gather in game would be nice.

- Camping: I really like the idea of being able to set up camp in a game like this and interacting more directly with your Pokemon. Maybe having to deal with ambushes at night depending on a Pokemon's ability to keep watch at night? Maybe there's certain Pokemon that will only approach you when they think you're sleeping and so you have to purposefully use that mechanic to get info on them?

- Building your town/village: Probably the least likely of what I would like to see, but I feel like this time period would lend itself well to bringing in wild Pokemon to help build up your town in a Digimon World style. Either capture them normally and set them to certain tasks, or coerce them with the info you've gathered through creating their dex entries and bring them in through more cordial means.

- Sidequests: There's a lot of pokedex entries that seem outlandish for every one of the species to share, so it'll be interesting if we get opportunities to see these Pokemon putting on displays of power that possibly create some of these legendary entries.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Bring back the hyper training games from X & Y. Those were fun.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Give me proper sidequests! Maybe even a quest UI I can look through all of them in

Also there's no way nat dex is happening because it's ancient and many pokemon didn't exist/weren't discovered. Which is fine there's more important stuff

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    -Secret Bases
    -Wild Pokemon interacting with the world and other Pokemon
    -Riding Pokemon

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm with the club of people who find a National Dex to be unlikely. This game is supposed to take place in the past, so it seriously doesn't make sense for some creatures that were implied in-game to have been created via technology to be there at all. Even the fossils might be unlikely because again, the technology to revive them was probably no invented yet.

Maybe they will retcon things and claim they came from a weird passage in space or time or something, but that is intensely unlikely.

For what I'm hoping for:

- I second Hoen4Life's post on a more expanded camp, sidequests, and crafting balls.

- Riding creatures

- More ways to interact with the creatures we caught, although that can also be filed under an expanded camp.

- Actually about 85% of the points mentioned by other users here that are NOT about the National Dex returning are stuff I am also hoping for.

Back