• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Food allergies and intolerances

Years
  • Do you have any allergies or intolerances to any foods? For intolerances, do you remember when those issues started? Or are there just foods you can't stomach/can't get yourself to eat no matter what?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Cornbread makes me feel sick for hours after eating. Gotten to the point that the smell even makes me uneasy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • A serving of wheat-based pasta makes me feel awful. Bloating, headaches, nausea, etc. Why? NO IDEA. I handle other pastas and other wheat/gluten products just fine. And there's literally nothing else in pasta! Why does it hate me? ;-;

also most fruit makes my mouth itchy :( that one doesnt always stop me tho

Ti-65 Fukunotsuki

Bug Collector
    Years
  • I'm lactose intolerant [Primary type], when I was 12 I started to have horrible stomach pain and diarrhea- so I took a check up for my health and discovered my problem. This bumbed me out, I use to be fine consuming/ drinking dairy products... I'm alright with it now though, there are alternatives, but that point in my 12 year old head I was thinking about how I would'nt be able to eat ice cream vanilla flavor again haha.

Years
  • My liver can't process certain foods, they being ones that have a lot of fat. The biggest upsetters are hot dogs, fried chicken, and literally any sausage.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've had various attacks from eating peppers. Some being bad enough I had acid reflux pain for over a week. Certain types of spices really do me in. I also have nearly choked on certain types of hamburgers and red meat, for some reason. I don't know if that's an intolerance or something else.

But, because I have acid reflux, there's a lot of stuff I'm intolerant towards. Some things just merely irritate me, but some things my body can just physically not handle.

Lemons, pasta sauce. Some foods burn my throat, and it lasts longer than it normally should, etc. But, my intolerance towards peppers seems pretty strong. Sometimes, I'm okay, though, but I've run out of fingers to count how many time I've had an attack from there being peppers in my food.

pkmin3033

To be honest I have an intolerance for most food, I have acute IBS and chronic anxiety. As of May 2021 I am no longer able to eat meat because my gut biome changed completely in the wake of a bout of food poisoning I had, and I struggle with excessive amounts of dairy too. I've had an intolerance for blackcurrant for as long as I can remember though, it used to make me so ill as a child because it was the most common drink I'd be given when I was at school or a friend's house, and it took my parents a while to spot the correlation. Citrus has a way of aggravating my stomach if I have too much of it, too.

Although the biggest one for me is fish. I can't even be in the same room as fish.

Years
  • I think I already mentioned this in a similar thread some time back, but I get nasty canker sores around my tongue and or inner cheek linings whenever I eat too much chocolate. Very annoying 9-10 days that follow. Unsure if it's only milk chocolate or if dark is also included, but someone told it me it might be bcs of arginine or something. I haven't researched that even though I told myself numerous times I'll get around to it lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I don't have any food intolerances or allergies! Use standard likes / dislikes.

Though eating in the morning tends to make me feel I'll.

Years
  • I think I pretty much have a coffee intolerance. It's been a lot since I last drank coffee, but I remember some years ago, it really hurt myself when I got coffee or even just flavoured coffee things. Mainly stomach cramps. Once it was pretty bad, so I stopped drinking coffee. I sometimes have cappuccino and rarely it hurts my stomach anyway. Because of that, I'd rather avoid coffee. I didn't grow up used to drinking it too often, so yeah I don't miss it too much and I am not really a huge fan of its flavour. But, sometimes the scent is amazing and I would want it lol, but I still prefer avoiding.

Back