• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Sirfetch’d

Does anyone remember this great show? It was amazing, right? Well the show is not what this thread is about, but just the inspiration behind it.

Did you have an imaginary friend while growing up? If so, what were some things that you remember about it? What was it's name? What did it look like? How long did you have this friend? What were some things that you and your imaginary friend did together?

Years
  • I never had an "imaginary friend" when I was growing up, but I could imagine how cool things would have been if I did have one, considering all the isolation I went through socially while I was growing up

Years
  • I never had a need for imaginary friends. Imaginary Pokemon on the other hand, they kept me going.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • What imaginary friends didn't I have? They were the only friends I had that moved with me every couple of years.

I remember I had a friend T-rex, Pterodactyl, Stegosaurus, Ankylasaurous, and ghost. I really liked Dinosaurs as a kid (what little boy didn't?) and then I decided that a ghost followed me around as well. Yeah, I was that one weird kid.

Years
  • Love that show! Imaginary friends were a mood enhancer for me. I rarely felt anything negative since my brother was always around to play and cheer me up anyway, but when I would leave for school or hear noises at night I loved having imaginations along the way.

I did have one imaginary friend that stood out in my childhood. He was a giant, pure white wolf with ice clinging to his fur and an icy colorful design around his eyes similar to a mask. I was addicted to Digimon and Beyblade at the time, so I thought of him as my partner that would exist somehow someday. He would be in the air, the object running alongside the car while driving, an entity that possessed my stuffed animal and comforted me to sleep; whenever I was bored or scared he was there to protect me.

One time I even had a dream during my lucid years where I got to see him and ride on his back! He created an ice path with each step similar to Entei in his movie. I loved it, but that was one of the last times I thought of him. My imaginary little secret~

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    Yes, they were called Pokémon. I used to imagine I had those critters follow me around.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • Nope. Nevrer had an imaginary friend.....weeeel...I do consider my "innerself" an imaginary friend ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I never had an imaginary friend but I loved that show.

It was made by Lauren Faust.

MLP fans know what I mean...

Sirfetch’d

I never had a need for imaginary friends. Imaginary Pokemon on the other hand, they kept me going.

I was the exact same way, haha. I don't remember ever having any imaginary friends other than my Pokemon. I would always imagine having a full party of Pokemon on me and what life would be like of they were actually real. I'd even have pretend gym battles with them :3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I didn't have an imaginary friend when I was growing up, but I've gotta say I used to love that show with all those great characters they had!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well, except the one time I thought Pokemon was real when I was five, I can't say that I have ever had any kind of imaginary friends in my life time.

Though Foster's Home was a brilliant show.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I've never had an imaginary friend before. I had real people as friends in school. Although not many, but still real people. Well... I did pretend my stuffed animals had personalities and I made them talk to me with funny voices though, so you could consider that I guess? Haha.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I actually tried to create an imaginary friend after seeing someone do that on TV. It lasted for a whole 5 minutes before I told myself that it was stupid.

I think I'd named it George, by the way. Don't really remember. D=

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I used to love Foster's, excellent show and I still watch reruns on boomerang every now and then. :) But to answer the question, I had both a imaginary friend and imaginary Pokemon! My imaginary friends was named C.J. after a classmate of fine in Kindergarten. I believe I was 8 when I thought of him and I made he more cooler than the person he was based on. :P As for imaginary Pokemon I'd always pretend to have my own Pokemon and go on adventures with them. I also made a Pokemon in sixth grade called Sockorita which was based on the water bottle I had with a sock over it. Yeah creative, I know. XD I made some drawing for it and it resemble Chikorita a lot. It was even a starter Pokemon , a Grass type, and knew some of the same moves as Chikorita (Razor Leaf, Synthesis and Solarbeam). So pretty much a Chikorita rip-off. XD

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • i had two imaginary evil friends they were twin girls and they always whispered for me to do evil stuff (and of course it was just me wanting to blame someone) well but i did believed it was them though...i won't say their names cuz it's my lil secret but they were small like Tinkerbell and wearing white dresses and white shoes ...surprisingly cute for evil creatures lol

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've never had an imaginary friend, but I have:

- imagined or pretended that Pikachu and Meowth would be running alongside the car or be jumping from building to building while I was riding to school
    - imagined my in-game Pokemon teams were with me
    - imagined that my stuffed animals could talk, who wouldn't?

Helio

Lost at Sea with an Hourglass
    Years
  • I still have an imaginary friend because I'm a massive loner.

I'm just kidding.
    I had a couple of imaginary friends when I was around 6, and they were all Transformers (hopefully you all remember transformers)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I never had a need for imaginary friends. Imaginary Pokemon on the other hand, they kept me going.

^sooooo much this!

I once had an imaginary Umbreon named Bree. I was at an older age (9-10) at the time. It was probably because back when I was younger my parents never allowed me to have pets, so I created Bree in my mind. I remember telling her everything and I'd think she would understand. I miss that Umbreon tbh. lol

But actual imaginary human friends, I never really had any. Just Pokemon.

Back