• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny Dex Entries

Years
    Are there any PokeDex entries you find funny/amusing?

My prompt for this being Paras' Ultra Moon Dex Entry:
    The mushrooms, known as tochukaso, are controlling the bug. Even if the bug bugs the mushrooms, they tell it to bug off.

Years
    I always found Spoink's entry in Rubi funny and at the same time terrifying:

Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop.

Years
    • Seen today
    Garchomp's dex entries are funny:

It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape.

It flies at the speed of sound while searching for prey, and it has midair battles with Salamence as the two compete for food.

It can fly at speeds rivaling jet planes. It dives into flocks of bird Pokémon and gulps the entire flock down whole.

Soars across the heavens at blinding speed—a magnificent sight! It has a feral disposition. Utmost caution is required if one meets a Garchomp out in the wilds.

Reality check: Garchomp has allways been "Grounded", lives in caves, and can't even learn Fly or any Flying type move other than Aerial Ace. Pokédex is full of Muk sometimes.

Years
    • Seen today
    "Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it".

Years
    I always found Spoink's entry in Rubi funny and at the same time terrifying:

Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop.

This one honestly makes me so sad! I felt so bad for it as a kid when I saw this one.

Here is Darumaka's entry from White:

Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.

I had to do a double take when I read that entry the first time lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like Swablu's from RSE:
    Swablu has light and fluffy wings that are like cottony clouds. This Pokémon is not frightened of people. It lands on the heads of people and sits there like a cotton-fluff hat.
    This lil man just flies up on ya and sits on your head lmao I love it.

Also Alakazam's from Ultra Moon:
    If it trusts someone deeply, it will let them have one of its spoons. Anything you eat with that spoon is apparently delicious.
    Like this has nothing to do with the Pokémon lol.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    fart monkey's pearl entry makes me laugh bc it's what earned it the name

Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can't extinguish the fire.

primeape's also funny in dppt

It grows angry if you see its eyes and gets angrier if you run. If you beat it, it gets even madder.

they actually fixed it in bdsp tho it's not that good now

It becomes angry if it sees an opponent's eyes and gets angrier if the opponent runs. Even after it beats the opponent, it is still angry.

Years
    Geodude's FireRed Dex entry

Its round form makes it easy to pick up. Some people have used them to hurl at each other in a snowball fight.

bruh, Kantonians don't fuck around with their snowball fights

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    It has no discernible heartbeat and does not seem to draw breath, and yet it appears to function without issue. I cannot even begin to explain this utterly bizarre anomaly.

is professor laventon okay

i just find it funny that he says "he cannot begin to explain this utterly bizarre anomaly"

also this Cherubi Pokedex entry:

The small ball holds the nutrients needed for evolution. Apparently, it is very sweet and tasty.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Weepinbell's Pokédex entry from Sapphire is odd:
    Weepinbell has a large hook on its rear end. At night, the Pokémon hooks on to a tree branch and goes to sleep. If it moves around in its sleep, it may wake up to find itself on the ground.
    The entry is cute/funny, but I'm more put off by the fact that the top of Weepinbell's "head" is actually its butt. :x

Years
    The Shaymin Sky Dex entry from Legends is pretty funny:

Upon taking in the scent of a particular rare flower, Shaymin is enveloped in light, and its tiny body transforms. I took a whiff of the flower myself, but alas, my body remained unchanged.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Rotom-Dex is chock-full of entries like this, but Magneton's Sun Dex entry takes the cake:
    When three Magnemite link together, their brains also become one. They do not become three times more intelligent.

OUCH. Someone gotta give Magneton a Burn Heal.

Laventon also has much to say on the same Pokémon in PLA:
    Three Magnemite gathered to evolve into this Pokémon. The source of much vexation on my part, as its powerful magnetism destroys my research equipment.

Riperino.

Years
    Magneton just cannot get a break lol, either it gets burns for not being smarter or it's blamed for destroying things. That's probably not intentional either!

Just remembered Escavalier.

They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears.

base speed stat is 20, one of the lowest in the entire game and outsped by the likes of Caterpie

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Ninetales' Pokedex entry where it says:

Legend has it that Ninetales came into being when nine wizards possessing sacred powers merged into one. This Pokémon is highly intelligent - it can understand human speech.

Does this mean that every time a Ninetales is sighted in the wild, 9 wizards combine with each other every time? Thaaat's a lot of merging for a single Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Ninetales' Pokedex entry where it says:

Does this mean that every time a Ninetales is sighted in the wild, 9 wizards combine with each other every time? Thaaat's a lot of merging for a single Pokemon!

That's why "Psychics" (who are shown to use Telekinesis, so could actually be wizards) are so rare! Every time somebody gives their Vulpix a Fire Stone 9 wizards die!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    One of Larvitar's PokéDex entries state this classic gem:

It feeds on soil. After it has eaten a large mountain, it will fall asleep so it can grow.

I love how the PokéDex just non-nonchalantly skims over the part about eating a large mountain, as if it merely had some milk and cookies before bed. If it can eat large mountains like that, I know this Pokémon is definitely suffering when it's time to do a number two!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    One of Larvitar's PokéDex entries state this classic gem:

I love how the PokéDex just non-nonchalantly skims over the part about eating a large mountain, as if it merely had some milk and cookies before bed. If it can eat large mountains like that, I know this Pokémon is definitely suffering when it's time to do a number two!

It also explains the lack of topography in Kanto and Johto - Larvitar ate them all!

Mt Silver was actually twice as tall when Red climbed it, and by the time of B2W2 it doesn't exist!

Back