• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender race v12: a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Gender race v12: a new beginning

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    my path is being blocked by EA paywalls
    Could be worse. Imagine an offline game that they require you to be online all the time in order to play only for them to shut down the server preventing you from being able to play it.

Years

Could be worse. Imagine an offline game that they require you to be online all the time in order to play only for them to shut down the server preventing you from being able to play it.

Woooooooo this has been my life with a few games I've wanted to play recently and it's been really upsetting.

553 btw.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I thought real life was that
    Real life is when you try to access a website only to realize that you're being IP-blocked. Like, we all like to talk about China's dictatorial censorship. But even in the west this becoming more and more of a practice.

Example 1: when a piece of work enters public domain is completely dependent on the country. In one country it could be but in another it may not be. A German book publisher once sued projectgutenberg for offering free copies (public domain in the US) of four books. The court ruled in favor of those publishers and the website was either to remove those books or make them inaccessible to people in Germany. So what did they do? They took the easy way out and blocked the entire country from all of their services.

Examples 2: I was just doing some research on the web and ended up on a website that didn't just block my country, but the entire EU. It was very much a reminder that Article 19 exists. And I think 2021 is when it is set in motion? Obviously people are currently busy with more life threatening things. But it still exists and I know at least one country that isn't exactly prepared for it. The same country that was responsible for it.
    Btw. did you know who was responsible for that mess? It was caused by a corrupted politician from the conservative CDU party of Germany, the party who also was in rule for the last 16 years (and fortunately won't be for the next four years...hopefully), who was involved with a lot of lobby work with a bunch of corporations who really wanted their property protected from those evil evil users on the internet.

/rant

Years

Real life is when you try to access a website only to realize that you're being IP-blocked. Like, we all like to talk about China's dictatorial censorship. But even in the west this becoming more and more of a practice.

Example 1: when a piece of work enters public domain is completely dependent on the country. In one country it could be but in another it may not be. A German book publisher once sued projectgutenberg for offering free copies (public domain in the US) of four books. The court ruled in favor of those publishers and the website was either to remove those books or make them inaccessible to people in Germany. So what did they do? They took the easy way out and blocked the entire country from all of their services.

Examples 2: I was just doing some research on the web and ended up on a website that didn't just block my country, but the entire EU. It was very much a reminder that Article 19 exists. And I think 2021 is when it is set in motion? Obviously people are currently busy with more life threatening things. But it still exists and I know at least one country that isn't exactly prepared for it. The same country that was responsible for it.
    Btw. did you know who was responsible for that mess? It was caused by a corrupted politician from the conservative CDU party of Germany, the party who also was in rule for the last 16 years (and fortunately won't be for the next four years...hopefully), who was involved with a lot of lobby work with a bunch of corporations who really wanted their property protected from those evil evil users on the internet.

/rant

That is one reason I use a VPN for everything.

552 since Megan counted down instead of up =o
    Unless you meant to switch sides? 😊
    Spoiler:

You keep your cookies, I'm pretty confident Megan will choose our offered cake instead ;)

Spoiler:

Years

Sorry, but I will need to confiscate those cookies. You know, to test them and make sure they're OK to eat. I may need to test all of them though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    552 since Megan counted down instead of up =o
    Unless you meant to switch sides? 😊
    No, I'm good, thanks. I'll balance it out by counting up twice whenever I post from now on. :3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    554. I see this thing is still going, the only legacy I have on this place still. 😁

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back