• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    There isn't really outside the guide I just mentioned. I would actually love to see a CSS resource thread available so that people who don't know CSS can have access to some cool templates for themselves.

That would amazing, since I know the basics now but am entirely un-creative at times.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I can see why you and MI think what you do, but it isn't always the case. My very first post in the RPC was an RP and it did relatively well at first. I think if someone wants to jump into GMing they shouldn't feel dissuaded, but they should definitely do their research first.

Ah, Novia. Horrible Good times. I really wanted a Surskit but you denied it from me >:(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Hey, an RPC post. that doesn't mention Blargizoid or whatever the hell has been going on for the past week, seriously, what the hell is going on this seriously just exploded out of nowhere, who are you people, I'm scared

Sounds a bit like the Hunger Games, right? I like that you could have your own aliens, but maybe expand a bit more on how it would be a bit more different from those kinda lame, nah jk they're OK... I never read them books to make it more original?

My general idea is this, essentially: Aliens get abducted by group A, get slave collars slapped on them. Group B has managed to hack into the slave collars of these individuals, a seemingly omnipotent voice acting as a guide for them, promising them freedom, revenge etc if they want to work with them. That voice tries to guide the players together in some fashion while they thrust a sort of coup onto the slavers. The first act would be them managing to become free through whatever various means are available and the second act(if it makes it so far) would vary depending on actions taken by the players, but would probably have a focus on the players finally meeting this group in person, returning to their homeworlds etc. I don't have much of a concrete idea for anything past the beginning, because I really want player actions to have a large effect in the plot.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    Damn, I want to join, but all my old characters... Are just so Bad, I cannot believe how cool I thought they were. And I don't feel like being a Christian Zombie Surivivor, as what he's made for... is specifically made to counteract the scenario they are in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Damn, I want to join, but all my old characters... Are just so Bad, I cannot believe how cool I thought they were. And I don't feel like being a Christian Zombie Surivivor, as what he's made for... is specifically made to counteract the scenario they are in.

We don't plan for it to go away any time soon, so it'll still be here whenever you get properly back into roleplaying :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes. I edited nothing. It's just like what Deceptio sent me.

*twitch*

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

*Reads current thread and new threads title, proceeds to remove his sunglasses in an incredibly dramatic, slow-mo, fashion.*

Brothers and sisters! It is I, President Deceptio!

Our time of waiting and biding is over! The grand lord Blarzigord has claimed this foolish thread as his own and now welcomes us into his open tentacles! Follow me now to his place of divine intervention and sacrifice to him the foolish beings you call "characters" to be subject to his games and devices!

Praise the Blargle!
    Praise our ruling alien race!
    But above all else, Praise Lord Blarzigord! For it is he whom has brought us this magnificence!

Well... technically we all thought of it together... but it is to he whom it is acclaimed!

Edit:

Also, guys, don't give me too much credit. I only provided the basic structure for the café setting... the rest of the work done is all thanks to our lovely moderator here. ^-^

And Our Dark lord, of course.

Foxrally

Years
    Omg I'm so glad I stayed up to see this, I'll make my first sacrifice to lord Blarzigord post first thing tomorrow morning :D

I love the new thread titles <3

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
    IMO I wouldn't recommend it. I agree with MI that you should get reacquainted with the place, rekindle the fire of your creativity and RPing (I've said it before and will say it again - the Pokemon Academy is a really good place to start/re-start writing).

Also, css affects people's opinions a lot more than you think. Good css shows professionalism, and that the person knows what they're doing (in a sense).

Could you outline at what point would be a good time to post my own roleplay?

Years
    I can only imagine how all this with the corner's recent transformation looks to someone completely new to the place.

That's the best part haha

I am loving this.
    "My first reaction was, why is my theme gone?" but it quickly turned into "PRAISE BLARZIGORD IT HAS BEGUN JUST AS THE BLARGLE HATH FORETOLD IT. OUR TENTACLED OVERLORD IS UPON US AT LAST AND HAS CLAIMED OUR LAND FOR HIS OWN! THIS IS THE RECKONING! NON-BELIEVERS BEWARE FOR YOUR FATE IS SEALED."

Also nice work on the portal guys.

Years
    Could you outline at what point would be a good time to post my own roleplay?

Just my opinion, but I'd give it a week or so. April first and the days immediately before and after tend to get a little crazy, as this very thread is proving.

Also, try putting it up on Friday, if possible. That gives people a weekend to look it over and post reservations or SU's.

Years
    Just my opinion, but I'd give it a week or so. April first and the days immediately before and after tend to get a little crazy, as this very thread is proving.

Also, try putting it up on Friday, if possible. That gives people a weekend to look it over and post reservations or SU's.

To be fair, this is pretty normal for some of us.

Foxrally

Years
    Spoiler:

best thread title

(also RP lounge has sexiest splash on PC)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Stars of Sinnoh
    A Sinnoh RP
    6 spots open.

OOC Thread - Sign-up Here/ RP Mopad - Keep Track of Your Team and Items

Sinnoh is flooded with legend and lore. It is believed to be the first region Arceus created. Home to Dialga and Palkia, along with the Lake Trio. Arceus himself supposedly resides there. Yet, there is so much more to the region than what meets the eye...

Sinnoh is a great place to study. It is littered with ancient ruins and monuments, along with many research facilities. It is home to one of the largest mountain ranges in the world. Not to mention, the underground mining system that runs throughout the whole region. There are four major lakes, and the Great Marsh. Needless to say, there is a lot to do and see in the Sinnoh Region.

One of the most notable things in Sinnoh, is the Lily Cove Conference. It is where the top trainers in Sinnoh go to duke it out and determine the #1 trainer. Because of this, new trainers are always beginning their journeys, coming from all over the world to to Sinnoh. But first, they must challenge and earn badges from the 8 gym leaders. This is no easy feat, which is why it is seen as such a big task.

You are a new trainer, just beginning your journey. Trying to figure out what you wish to do with your life. So, what better to do than challenge the Sinnoh League? By visiting Prof.Rowan in Sandgem Town, any young man or woman can receive a Pokedex and their Pokemon League License.

You will travel the ancient region, meeting friends and foes alike. You will grow as a person, learning and growing with your Pokemon. What you will do and how it will turn out, is all up to you.

Current Players:
    Spoiler:

Open Locations:
    Sandgem Town (All new players start here)
    Route 201
    Twinleaf Town
    Lake Verity
    Route 202
    Route 219

Sandgem Town
    "The sandy town connected to the ocean"
    General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Sandgem Town is adjacent to route 201 west, 202 north, and 219 along with Sandgem Beach to the south. It's a sandy town with a small population and is home to Prof.Rowan's Pokemon Lab. It is one of the few small towns in the world that has its own Pokemon Center and Poke'Mart.

Required Actions
    • Receive pokedex and 5 pokeballs from Prof.Rowan, registering yourself for the Pokemon League

Optional Actions
    • Interacting with Dawn, Prof.Rowan's assitant. She is not experienced yet and only has Piplup
    • You may proceed to any of the routes and even go all the way to Lake Verity and Twinleaf Town

Route 201
    A short route that connects Sandgem town to Twinleaf Town. It also leads up to Lake Verity. There aren't too many different Pokemon and it is too short for any specific trainer type to be found. Most trainers come and leave.

Wild Pokemon:

Route 202
    Route 202 is the crossing point of Sandgem Town and Jublife City. It is really just a large hill and is home to diverse species of Pokemon. It does happen to be covered with tall grass and semi-large plants. You can find Youngsters, Lasses, and Picnickers here.

Wild Pokemon:

Twinleaf Town
    "Where new leaves breathe"

Twinleaf Town is a small area that isn't much bigger than Sandgem Town. It is a somewhat windy area and has a small pond in the southern area where children like to play. It is has no significant landmarks, but the residents consider Lake Verity their local lake. It is also widely known as the Frontier Brain Palmer's home.

Optional Actions:
    • You may interact with Palmer who is currently lingering around town right now.
    • Interact with his son Barry, who currently doesn't own his own Pokemon.

Lake VerityLake Verity is north of Route 201 and is said to be home of the legendary Pokemon Mesprit. You can find some fishers here along with some youngsters and lasses. It happens to be too dangerous to swim through without a strong Pokemon that can swim.

Wild Pokemon:

Route 219/Sandgem Beach
    Sandgem Beach is just south of Sandgem Town and is a popular place for young children to come and play. There is a gentle breeze that sweeps through the area, attracting certain kinds of Pokemon. You can usually swim on Route 219, but Sharpedo and Gyrados have been getting close to the shore and it's too dangerous for beginning trainers. You can find fishermen and tubers on here.

Wild Pokemon:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    PRAISE BLARZIGORD IT HAS BEGUN JUST AS THE BLARGLE HATH FORETOLD IT. OUR TENTACLED OVERLORD IS UPON US AT LAST AND HAS CLAIMED OUR LAND FOR HIS OWN! THIS IS THE RECKONING! NON-BELIEVERS BEWARE FOR YOUR FATE IS SEALED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back