• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gonna study for exams!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I study a few days to a week in advance. I like to make summary notes of each chapters of my textbook outlining key concepts and whatnot and then I usually rewrite them on paper or on my whiteboard and reiterate them a thousand times over. I also do a practice paper every now than then to test my ability to apply my knowledge in a structured, coherent way in the allocated time frame.

I'm very meticulous when it comes to my study! :P

Years
  • I don't usually have to study for most subjects, but I'm studying my butt off for this psychology exam that I have coming next week.

Ugh, psychology was always a pain to study for because of the amount of reading you had to read...And having like 3 of them was not fun >>;; Now that I think about it, I probably prefer numbers over letters slightly. I could never read for more than 5 minutes without passing out soon after...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's funny because I have a midterm coming up tomorrow, so what I do in this situation is study as much as possible, but it's difficult if you get distracted by the internet, especially when it comes to youtube videos that interest you.

Years
  • Up until through high school, I pretty much...didn't really study. I relied mostly on what I remembered from class, along with a small bit of looking over stuff the night before or so, and for the most part I actually got by really well with just doing that.

...Then I hit college, and that didn't work as well anymore. I resorted to cram nights after that, whoo boy. But not all-nighters, just basically took an evening and studied all that I could before I went to bed.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • as a sophomore in high school right now I don't really have to study at all. if I'm not feeling confident I'll look over the material for like 20 minutes the night before and I typically do well.

Years
  • I usually start studying for more difficult materials a week before and easier ones couple days before. I used to procrastinate and sometimes not even study, that is until I got a D on the said exam and it practically ****s over my GPA all the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I start studying for exams a month or two in advance, for about 30 minutes a day. That way, when it's actually time, I wouldn't have to put too much pressure on myself and just sit back and relax. :]

Years
  • In college, usually it's really hard for me to study stuff. When we get open book tests, it's made considerably easier, but that doesn't always happen. The most seriously I ever took studying for anything was during my economics class in fall of 2012 - after getting Ds on the first two tests, I really stepped things up for the midterm, one test we had after Thanksgiving break and the final (although starting with the midterm my professor allowed us to use one 3x5 note card for reference). I ended up getting an A in the course. :D

But nowadays, in a university, there hasn't been too much i've had to study for, except Spanish, which has really been beating me into the dust lately. :(

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The closest I studying that I do is skimming through my notes/lecture slides an hour before the actual exam. I don't find much point in "hardcore" studying because honestly it doesn't help me at all.

Even now at uni, I still just skim through my notes an hour before exams...and yes, I am passing my subjects hurrah :D

Goomy Gumi

Gooey Vocaloid
    Years
  • I usually wait until the night before or two nights before to study for something. That gets hard to do because I get distracted by the internet all the time. Somehow, I still do well. 8D

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm unfortunately a horrible procrastinator. I used to wait until the day (sometimes evening) before an exam to study.

I've gotten better over the years. It was hard for me to change because I generally can get decent grades (B or B+) when I leave it until the last minute. But I realized it wasn't worth the stress, so now I study for a couple days leading up to the exam.

Any earlier than that, and I don't retain the information as well.

Some of my courses are hard to study for though, such as my french literature ones. As long as you know the themes, and main points from the books, it's hard to prepare for whatever essay question you're going to get.

Sirfetch’d

It depends actually! If its a big exam that I know I will need a lot of studying for, I will do it in advance for weeks, but if I know it's gonna be easy...I probably wont study at all haha.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Yeah, I'll try to study but my Pokémon Y just whispers in my ear canal

That's a wonderful study guide! You must have worked so hard on it!
    It would be a shame if someone
    Distracted you...

Years
  • Speaking of exams, I have 6 courses which means 6 finals starting from April 10th to the 17th with a crap ton of assignments due the week before...My hell week of needing to study and finish stuff begins now OTL Hopefully I can force myself to start studying this week...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to just cram the day before but now I ease into studying about a week before my exams. For tests that I'm not too worried about, like my Japanese final on Saturday, I'll study just a few days in advance. So I'll probably start on Wednesday and study a bit everyday until then. For harder exams, like in my other course this term, I'll probably study more than a week in advance along with cramming the day before.

I get easily distracted though and I procrastinate so much that I don't actually get much studying done in the end anyway. I have very little willpower when it comes to avoiding distractions and I have a tendency to not take things seriously until the deadline is really looming over me... which sometimes mean I don't study in earnest until maybe 4-5 hours before. :( I hope I avoid that this time but considering I'd rather post on PC instead of starting to go over my course work... yeah, probably not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Recently, I stayed up until 6:45AM to be able to complete a project due online later that afternoon. I didn't anticipate it taking as many hours as it did. At least I got to sleep in.

As for high school, staying up until 2AM to complete assignments was a common occurrence. The only time I stayed up past 4AM (and getting up at 6AM to be ready for classes) was because my laptop crashed and I lost a significant portion of my research paper.

...Middle school, I was supposed to read a book over break, and so I did read a book in a day, haha.

I cannot guarantee that this post isn't contributing to procrastination...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I study in advance. I review my notes after class, and about two weeks before an exam I'll rewrite all. of. my. notes. All of them!

And that's how I've succeeded to-date :) also, explaining what I've read and learnt to others. Very beneficial.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I literally have not opened my backpack all semester, and I've been in 4 rigorous AP classes. The secret is to do one block's homework the block before and just wing it on tests ya know. straight As and no homework baby ayyyy

Though I will put in good effort the night before for finals.

Back