• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grr, I want that but no...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ever saw something at a store or online that you could afford and really wanted but you knew you didn't need it and wanted to save your cash?

Do you go through with it and spend your money or do you manage to hold yourself back?

Years
  • I just bought another two amiibo today, and I really dont need amiibo when I have college to pay for. But viva la yolo

blue

gucci
    Years
  • All the time.

I know I need to save my money but it's so difficult to do that when there's so many things I want right now..

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    just do what i do: bookmark that thing and stow it away until you have extra money. B)
    i have this gigantic folder in my bookmarks titled "Shopping" and it contains most of my wishlist haha.

i get to go back on it every now and again and buy things. it's a pretty awesome system for me.

Lucid

just do what i do: bookmark that thing and stow it away until you have extra money. B)
    i have this gigantic folder in my bookmarks titled "Shopping" and it contains most of my wishlist haha.

i get to go back on it every now and again and buy things. it's a pretty awesome system for me.

^ what she said. Perf.

Basically I just splurge on a bunch of stuff.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I never buy anything, so if I do want something, I think about it for a while, and if I still want it a couple days later, I'll get it. I have pretty much everything I want/need right now, so I'm perfectly fine with not getting anything new.

Although, having an actual desk instead of this table would be nice...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I hold myself back because I don't have the money to just drop on stuff that I want. There's stuff that I actually need that I still haven't bought.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • THIS IS HOW I AM ALL THIS FUCKING WEEK.

like, i am supposed to be saving money for my move to houston because i won't get paid until after two weeks but NOPE i went to walmart and bought a fennekin plushie. but hey, i ain't complaining.

I am a compulsive spender and I hate that. :( I go to a store like walmart and end up taking the whole freaking store with me.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've been somewhat good at most things expensive. I can somehow push myself to say no. However, that's a completely different story once it comes to food xD

Years
  • Oh, plenty of times. Enough that I couldn't give any good examples of stuff that I've had to stop myself from buying.

It usually ends with me arguing with myself that no, I do not really need to buy that random thing no matter how cute and/or awesome it seems...

Years
  • Most of the time I either hold back or give in to some deal with my mom and get it nearly then and there. Lately I've been saving any little change I get to build up whatever is my wallet. 11 USD can get you far (not really).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm usually pretty good at self-control, at least until I find a good deal or better price on whatever I've had my eye on. Since I'm saving up for a down payment on a house and I have student loans that have gone back into repayment, I've gotten a bit better at not buying every little thing I want, but I do splurge every so often and still manage to save money.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I just bought another two amiibo today, and I really dont need amiibo when I have college to pay for. But viva la yolo

omfg. I have a friend on Twitter who's like obsessed with those. I don't really get the whole hype of them though. XD

Anyway, I just spend it how I please. I can't really remember a time when I've actually had a struggle like this either. O_o I've actually been pretty good at controlling myself. If I know I can't get something, then I don't get it.

Years
  • I had a moment like this just this morning. I for one want to start making perler bead keychains of my own, and I have to money to do so. It's just that I need to use my money for other things, and not waste it on something so simple.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Supporter status pn PC *cries* The phone system doesn't work where I live and I can't use a credit card :(

But seriosuly, not having a credit card sucks. It usually means I can't buy stuff I want to buy. The only big purchase I made online was the Smite ultimate God pack which was 30$, and I used my phone credit.

pkmin3033

I have moderate spending habits. I tend to buy only the essentials (about 90% of all JRPGs released in this country) and stop myself from buying...pretty much anything else, really. Any merchandise, no matter how much I really want it, I tend to stop myself from buying it, because I already buy far too much already. xD

...but I'm frequently told by my various doctors that I need to be nicer to myself. This involves treating myself to something I wouldn't normally buy. I spend too much money on food I really don't need and DVDs I probably shouldn't have as a result of this.

Sirfetch’d

I have really bad spending habits so I am bad to buy a ton of items I don't need. I've bought so many things on impulse before that I've only used once or never before. A few months ago I spent quite a lot of money on this soda maker just because it seemed cool and after one use it is now collecting dust in the cabinet. It's a habit I need to break soon before it gets too bad lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've never had money troubles so if I ever want something I'm always able to go out and get it, but sometimes I stop myself regardless because I'm such a penny pincher for no reason at all. I have the money but I have this psychological problem where I get so antsy at the idea of parting with it.

Back