• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I liked this hack very much back in 2010, it's a pity that it was never finished, but luckily, there are so many unused content in this hack which can be used to at least finish the Zephyr Region. I know there's no way I can add too many new events since I know nothing about the original plan about the storyline. But still, I managed to complete the whole region.

I have fixed these things:
(1)The titlescreen.
(2)You may not be able to leave Amethyst Gym.
(3)Some glitched tiles.
(4)Some Pokemon's broken movepool.

I have added these things:
(1)All the hero and heroine's OWs.
(2)Rival's OWs and sprite.
(3)Heroine's backsprite.
(4)All the unfinished towns, paths and gyms.
(5)The OWs and sprites for the rest of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four.
(6)Some legendary Pokemon.

Screenshots:
Azure%2BHorizons%2BFixed%2BBeta%2B2.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w27bwtc232i9fxb/Azure_Horizons_Fixed_Beta_2.ips/file

Years
Awesome, I can't wait to play! Azure Horizons has been one of my main inspirations for years now so I'm excited to see your take on how it should end.

Some typos I noticed early on in the game:

The rival in his post-battle dialogue in Route 801: "someting" .
Prof. Alder in his dialogue when giving you the Pokédex: "Pokémon Leauge"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Awesome, I can't wait to play! Azure Horizons has been one of my main inspirations for years now so I'm excited to see your take on how it should end.
His mods are usually unopinionated and don't add much in the way of events. I could be wrong.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Updated OP with hacksrepairman's patch. I've kept the attachment to the original intact for preservation purposes. Moved to Studio since the screens are somewhat intact but if anyone would like to provide non-photobucket ones I'd be happy to update the post.

Deep in the forest ....

....there is a big sceptile....
Years
Bugs at the start of the game:
I can go through a glass closet in professor lab(to the right)
A block can not go through in morphic tunnel(4 steps to the left of camper tyler),there are few more... But not a big problem tho
A team tundra grunt(a men) in tundra warehouse has a poochyena knows water sport and wing attack???
Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

Some typos I noticed early on in the game:

The rival in his post-battle dialogue in Route 801: "someting" .
Prof. Alder in his dialogue when giving you the Pokédex: "Pokémon Leauge"
Thank you for telling me about those, I have fixed these along with some other wrong dialogue like these.

Bugs at the start of the game:
I can go through a glass closet in professor lab(to the right)
A block can not go through in morphic tunnel(4 steps to the left of camper tyler),there are few more... But not a big problem tho
A team tundra grunt(a men) in tundra warehouse has a poochyena knows water sport and wing attack???
Sorry for my bad English

Thank you for reporting, I have fixed these along with some other tiles glitches.

I liked this hack very much back in 2010, it's a pity that it was never finished, but luckily, there are so many unused content in this hack which can be used to at least finish the Zephyr Region. I know there's no way I can add too many new events since I know nothing about the original plan about the storyline. But still, I managed to complete the whole region.

(1)The titlescreen.
(3)Some glitched tiles.

(3)Heroine's backsprite.

Screenshots:

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w27bwtc232i9fxb/Azure_Horizons_Fixed_Beta_2.ips/file

Update: I found that the Coin Case was unobtainable in the previous patch, this is why I added someone who gives the Coin Case in Dordoran City, and some minor glitches were fixed in this patch as well.
The old download link still works:

Years
Thank you for telling me about those, I have fixed these along with some other wrong dialogue like these.

Thank you for reporting, I have fixed these along with some other tiles glitches.

Update: I found that the Coin Case was unobtainable in the previous patch, this is why I added someone who gives the Coin Case in Dordoran City, and some minor glitches were fixed in this patch as well.
The old download link still works:

I found the coin case inside house idk where it is but its npt my problem. My problem now is how can i access galena says its lock and polaris too

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I would fix the gym in Galena City to make sure the bridges don't disappear as if you leave the gym the bridges go bye bye.

Thank you for telling me about this, looks like I made a mistake writing the map header script, this is fixed now.

(1)The titlescreen.
(3)Some glitched tiles.

(3)Heroine's backsprite.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated again for fixing the bridges in Galena Gym, the old links still works:

Deep in the forest ....

....there is a big sceptile....
Years
Ace trainer caroline in the gym in hazel town has a pidgeotto knows grass whistle (which it can not learn,right?),the gym leader girl's skarmory knows lovely kiss too ...
Or it is the creator/ur purpose to make the game harder?
Near the exit of windward forest(route 811) a sign
"West to Fushia city" I believe it should be Dordoran city?
So,i have finished the hack,it was much shorter than i expected.I remembered play the first beta a long time ago so when i see u-hacksrepairman-finish the hack,i was so happy.This hack has so many potentials,the evil team,the bug guy met in scarlet forest(i thought he could be an e4),...-so sad the creator discontinued it
But still,thank you so much!i really appreciated!

Back