• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
  • Got a shiny Hawlucha at around 280 eggs.
    31/02/31/31/31/31; Adamant, Unburden

Tempted to try again. Haha

Last edited:
    Years
  • No luck so far, but I tried to hatch a shiny Deino now that I have a Japanese flawless Ditto. One box worth, nothing yet. I stopped because I had stuff to take care of, but maybe I'll get back to it on Friday after my classes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Got a shiny Hawlucha at around 280 eggs.
    31/02/31/31/31/31; Adamant, Unburden

Tempted to try again. Haha

Still usable if you ask me. I mean... its not great, but Ivs at least don't make a world of difference when compared to Ev training.

For the amount of work and riskiness masuda takes.. might not be worth it.

Me, I got the shiny charm and its not working too well for me. Curse my terrible luck. I'm at almost 900 Eevee without my shiny yet. x.x I will not give up though. I'll keep at it if it takes another 2,000!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Me, I got the shiny charm and its not working too well for me. Curse my terrible luck. I'm at almost 900 Eevee without my shiny yet. x.x I will not give up though. I'll keep at it if it takes another 2,000!

IKR?!
    Oh my Arceus, I'm getting tired of hatching all of these Eevees! xD

Seriously, Shiny Charm! Y U NOT WORKING! >.>

Years
  • So I decided, yeah, forget Deino, since this darn thing takes so many steps to hatch (my Hatching Power runs out after I hatch the second in batches of five) that isn't exactly gonna work out. Instead i'm trying for Noibat right now, since shiny Noivern looks amazing.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Hatched a flawless shiny Pumpkaboo today after about 600 eggs hatched throughout the week. Also got a shiny Bunnelby today while still breeding for IVs (got it on egg #6) - its IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/x but Huge Power didnt pass. Oh well. That makes 27 shinies I've hatched so far in XY. ;3

I'm running out of ideas for MM projects. Perhaps I'll do Phantump or Spritzee next.

Years
  • After 174 Eggs, this happened. :D (big picture, but I haven't upgraded Imageshack yet so I had to use Photobucket.)

Spoiler:

Pretty happy with this one, even if the Defense IV isn't exactly ideal.

Years
  • After 174 Eggs, this happened. :D (big picture, but I haven't upgraded Imageshack yet so I had to use Photobucket.)

Spoiler:

Pretty happy with this one, even if the Defense IV isn't exactly ideal.

Congrats:)

I think I accidentally started a trend and turned February into the official shiny noibat month. XD

Years
  • So couple of weeks ago I started my shiny Eeveelution team quest. As some of you seen in Shiny Hunters thread I got 6 out of 9 of them for my quest. At one point I stopped even counting how much eggs and boxes it takes me. I release them frequently, every two hatched eggs. Today in the morning I finally got my shiny charm, so I think I may be done with my quest in the next week.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    So far I've hatched four shinies through MM. The first two were complete accidents, while the last two were intentional. I present to you:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    I did. I hatched a shiny Swirlix...it was the 1095th egg. @.o Took forever but it was so worth it! It's brown and cute. c:

Back