• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, Look. A New Guy!

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
    So I was wondering what happened when you guys first joined the Forum, and whether you were accepted quickly or not. I was just bored and craving for Pokemon talk, and I was very surprised at how accepting the community was when I joined. Were they nice to you?

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I joined PC purely to help out my friend with his hack, which never happened. I didn't make an into thread (didn't know about them) so the communication I had with people here were from me being nosy. =P They were cool people, though, and they accepted me for who I was (a brat). It sucks that all of them (minus sammi-san) left, cause they were cool guys. But yeah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've joined PokéCommunity only to share my graphical artwork. I would've posted them elsewhere, but since most of them were Pokémon-related, I decided that this would be the best place. d: I ended up sticking around though, since there were a lot of people here that I knew from other places (Twilight Sky, Cirno, Minzy/Antemortem, Linkandzelda, and more). My first year at PC wasn't all that great, since I've done nothing but constantly lurk around. xD This year, however, was a little better. I've met tons of new people this year, and I've gotten myself to be a little more active, too!

Years
    I joined PC back in 2010 with the idea to discuss Pokémon in general.. however I was very much so a lurker when I first joined, all the way until this year. It wasn't until this year that I became very active around here as PC became my default site to visit, and it's always the first site I visit too when I get on my computer. When I made my welcome thread, it only wound up getting one reply, which kinda did upset me, but I didn't really take note of my welcome thread after I joined haha.. and as for the members here, y'all are truly the best and I hope it stays this way forever <3

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I joined PokeCommunity to find other people that shared my interests. However, there are many other Pokemon forums out there so why did I pick this one, specifically? I did because of how friendly this place was. It's professional but it's also friendly. The mods don't act like they're overpowered and more important than everyone else, the members are outgoing and fun to chat with and the forums itself always have something going on.

That is why I chose to join this place.

Sirfetch’d

I joined PC back in 2012 with the intentions of maybe making a few posts but that would be all really. I never expected to be so welcomed to the place like I was. I have met so many friends here and I can say without a shred of doubt that this is the most welcoming community that I have ever seen.

Years
    I joined PC in 2011, so around 2 years ago now. I didn't get off to a good start because I could never find people to talk to, and I wasn't active in a lot of sections outside of the Pokemon-based ones and even Forum Games to a lesser extent. It was after I became a supporter that I did start branching out into more sections. While some of my friends may have left, I still manage to find new ones to fill the void and now I think PC is the one of the most active Pokemon forums I've ever seen.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Yeah, I just searched "pokemon forum" one day and ended up here. I didn't make an intro thread, but I did post things in a lot of wrong places, so let's just say people went out of their way to make sure I know what was going on. XD

I left for a while and tried to join other forums, but I just couldn't find one better than this one. I tried my best to be active in quite a few, but I never felt like I fit in. Eventually I came back. Although, I admit, it was just specifically for the reason to get more attention to my story, but I eventually lurked around and before I knew it, I had a few friends, joined a couple clubs, and now I wouldn't even think about leaving.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I joined for the Pokemon talk and to look at the creative things other members come up with including hacks, games, art, stories, etc.
    I don't really put myself out here in terms of socializing with other members, I do like to post on topics though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I was an obnoxious noob, so needless to say I didn't exactly blend into the community all that smoothly. :p Although, I was pretty young and immature at that time too. It was only a few years later did I improve socially and mature, and so I was really able to make friend and become a part of the community.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I joined PokeCommuity to talk about Pokemon Special. I was able to do that through the club that they had of it back then and I was here for two months or so. At that time I did meet a few people and spoke with them but I guess it wasn't enough because once school started I dropped off the face of PC.

When school ended they asked if I was coming back so I did. But instead of posting in the club (which had become less active since and they themselves didn't really post) I started to venture in OT and PT. I've basically stuck in those two forums the majority of the time eventually branching out and posting in other places from time to time as well. Since then I've gained friends and lost friends who don't come here anymore but overall being here as been great and I don't see myself leaving this place anytime soon.

That said you can say that I had two "starts". When I first came here to PC and when I came back after a nine month or so hiatus.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    I joined PC a month ago because I was bored, and naturally I just got the welcoming party since that happens on every forum. Not much to talk about, really, but "being accepted" isn't really a priority for me.

Years
    I joined to download ShinyGold by zel after discovering rom hacking through Pokemon Quartz by Teh Baro on Whack a Hack. I dabbled in it a little bit, following in the footsteps of yomamascablebox.

Fast-forwards 3 years and I begin dabbling in D&D. I think there was a thread about Israel and Palestine that desperately needed perspective, until then it was utterly one-sided. But that fell apart in around 3 weeks and PC faded back into obscurity.

I think it was around the beginning of this year that I began to stay. It began in D&D. Somewhere along the way I found the DCC, and I meshed into the fabric. It goes without saying that the openness of this community played no small role in that transition from lurker to member.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    When I joined the community in 2010 for ROM hacks, I was accepted in the community immediately after I posted an introduction thread. Knowing myself, I was extremely shy and nervous because I feared rejection. Down the road in every section I've tried settling in (ROM Hacking, TWL, Anime even in the IRC!), I've met friends on the spot and many of them were really amazing.

Fast forward to November 2010 where I've taken a 3 month hiatus due to school, it got a little difficult to get back on the same spot where I was before, so I waited until the beginning of 2011 to meet new friends, and I did. I lost a few along the way until this day, but I'll never forget them.

I love these kinds of threads btw.

Years
    I find this place very accepting and it doesn't really surprise me. If there's one thing I've learnt over the course of my life so far, it's that if I know someone to be a Pokemon fan then I will most likely become friends with them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Joined back in 2010 on my original account and made some low quality posts and lurked mostly until the start of 2013 where I became more active and recently moved accounts for a fresh start.

I joined PC to discuss pokémon and because I felt that It seemed more welcoming than other Pokémon discussion forums I joined.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
    I joined for the same reason that many others have already said, I didn't know too many people who were into Pokemon and just wanted to be able to discuss Pokemon with other people. I was veeery shy back when I first joined, (I'm still shy now tbh, but I'm little better) but everyone was very kind to me and it really opened me up to this wonderful forum. I'm very happy that I joined this PC a year ago and have yet to regret it.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Hah, when I first joined PC, I did some of the dumbest crap anyone on here has done. Or at least I like to think so, idk. Anyway, Nica then deleted all of that stuff and PMed me to explain how things are done. <333

Years
    I honestly just searched "Pokemon forum" out of boredom on Google and came to this site, a real time killer. Though I do recollect trying to download some rom hacking tools and stumbling across this site a few times if I remember but that wasn't really enough to make me join. In the end the "hack" never materialized.

Back