• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you use the Union Circle feature?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Union Circle is the feature that allows you to embark on your adventure with up to four other people. This is for everybody that doesn't only use this feature to evolve your Finizen, by the way. How often do you use this feature? Personally, it's one of my favorite aspects of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. It's so much fun!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I don't know why this hasn't seen any activity, it's a really good question considering multiplayer was one of the 'big selling points'
    of S/V.

Though for me, never. I actually only got Violet cause a friend of mine wanted to 'co-op' with me.
    Which lasted all of about 6 hours BTW, then never again. We both post gamed it on our own lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I think I would be more inclined to use the feature if I had someone to try it with. Sadly, only a few of my friends will play Pokémon. The ones that do play are strictly into the DS era games or ROMS.

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but I would like to. Something tells me I would enjoy it more if Nintendo had some kind of way to do voice chat over the game. Maybe there is and I am not aware of it?

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • Because i have two friends who own this game, I use it at least once every week. The idea of playing a pokémon game with three other people in the same game environment is already quite cool on its own.

The picnicking with other players is a bit broken though.

Years
  • I've never used it and don't plan on ever using it. I don't think it adds much to the game and to be honest, I completely forgot there is multiplayer in these games.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I might try it again for Area Zero, once my friend gets there, so I can hunt some shiny paradox Pokémon from his version.

I traded him some Pokémon using Union Circle, but realized we could just do Link Trade instead.

Years
  • I only used it while dex conpleting. If you join a host whose playing the opposite game then their exclusives can start spawning. Even then that was maybe like only 30 minutes worth or so. I didnt even need it for the finizen evolution, i found its evolution in a raid. Dont see the point honestly, which is weird because it was a big advertised thing

Years
  • Used it quite a bit to play with husband's friends! The ability to evolve Pokémon requiring people in my Union Circle group is a nice bonus. I enjoy the feature and am happy Pokémon finally has a better multiplayer system. Hopefully something similar will exist next gen too. ❤️

Years
  • for context:
    - i only really play rpgs online with my siblings. outside of that i dont play much of anything online outside of tekken & forced online games.
    - never could afford the early connected stuff like link cables. didnt start connecting until SWSH
    - we been playing pokemon since gen 1. most of us have a very tangible relationship with & through pokemon so we dreamt of this as long as anybody. we had years & years to come up with our perfect version of this feature

how i feel:
    my brother & i were the most excited for SV specifically because of this feature. we are some of the biggest fans of the games in general. we always get opposite versions of every new game that comes out. we have handheld emulators just to play rom hacks together & plan to make our own. we both understand that since this is the first iteration of this feature that its gonna be rough (i was a child when i started with Yellow, damn near 30 now & i have a good understandin of the pace of software development) so i'm not mad at the fact it wasn't our idealization of this feature. we used it plenty of times, first for the experience, then for utility such as grabbing version exclusives, breeding, & trading (i helped him complete his pokedex in Sword & he helped me complete mine in Violet). we expected that it wouldnt be perfect, but we expect improvement over time, since this is something thats in high demand. we dont play together nearly as much as we thought we would when this was announced since we cant do story missions or a co op campaign together. however, if they continue to build on the multiplayer, i can see usage going up. my sister recently just got the game & we played online together as soon as she unlocked the feature.
    i think the desire to share experiences in the pokemon universe drives the need for this feature, so GF will feel pushback if they neglect it. that said, i dont use it a whole lot but not because i think its bad. i think it's just early & i have hope for future versions to be more complete.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I still want to try it out more extensively, but given how slow I play through a new region for the first time, I opted against using it... other than to evolve Finizen.

Interested in giving a joined playthrough a go in an opposite version playthrough whenever I decide to get it though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've started & joined several union circle groups before. It's fun to find a consistent group to raid with and farm materials. Shame it's a bit buggy in the Area Zero. I can sometimes see my friends while other times I cannot see them. Also, their opposite Paradox Pokemon will spawn and de-spawn in seconds. I found that boosting caused this. If I slow down, the spawns are much more consistent.

Maybe it's an oversight, but I would have liked to join a random union circle. There is only the option to join via link code. Maybe DLC will add further implementation in giving us the option to join randoms. I understand if it's in place to prevent children joining players that can ruin their gaming experience, but at least let there be a toggle for the rest of us to enjoy easy matchups.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • We played with it when we invited our friend over but we didn't do a whole lot especially since we've finished the game and he's still at the start.

Back