• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you look?

pkmin3033

Like a lot of people, I'm in that static eternal youth period where I could be 13 or 30 for all anyone knows. About the only thing that has changed for me physically over the years is the length of my hair and the amount of acne on my face. Most people tend to assume I'm younger than I actually am, though...being asked for ID is irritating.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I guess I'm gonna break this young streak :<

I feel like I'm one of those people who actually look their age (I'm 24). Sometimes, depending on how I'm dressed or how I've styled my hair or have done my makeup, I could look a bit older. I used to always be mistaken for being younger than I was - On my 21st birthday I had to show my ID at the store because I was trying to buy Rated R movies.

I kind of miss being mistaken for a younger age, but eh, whatever.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    And I'm gonna continue the young streak. :3

Y'know, in real life, it feels like there's more people my age who look older than me. But here, I suppose that's not the case. I as well look like I could be anywhere between 12 and 17. My actual age is 23, and I will be turning 24 quite soon. I was with my fiance once, and somebody mistook me for his little sister. It was ridiculous.

I have mixed feelings about it. Whilst it means that I'll age more gracefully than others, at the same time, it makes it harder for people to take me seriously. But I suppose my lack of experience in life (seriously, I am VERY inexperienced at almost everything and can't do a few things people take for granted) and my timidity really fits. I don't just LOOK that way, I ACT that way too.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I turned 23 but I got told a lot that I look like 18 years old, and sometime 16....

I wish I could look my age!! T_T

Years
    I could pass for a 19-21 year old, I constantly get asked if I'm even allowed to drink, etc. Now its kind of an annoyance but hopefully that means I'll look youthful when I'm actually old, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I keep getting asked for ID when buying alcohol. The limit is 20. I'm not 20 o:

Years
    I've always figured I look right around my age, though I think the last time I was IDed was about 3 years ago now, when I was still only 21.

One thing that I'll always remember though was when I was talking to a customer last year, and they assumed that I was in my mid-30s. Kind of left me deflated, haha. And then not long after that, one of my new co-workers at the time asked if I was still in high school. So I guess being somewhere in the middle isn't all that bad :P

Adore

Party.
    Years
    When I don't let my facial hair grow out people tend to think I'm 17-19, when I'm actually 22. Not complaining though. Hopefully if I continue to take care of myself I won't age harshly.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    People tend to say I look much older than I actually am, mainly in the range of 24-26. It's predominantly because of my huge beard, as I'm only 21 (22 on Saturday woot woot.) Works out to my favor to, considering I don't have to get carded whenever I go out drinking unlike some of my other friends who just naturally look young.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Typically people have read me as much younger. Right around when I turned 21, I was with my parents at a local restaurant, and they asked if I needed a kid's menu. The kid's menus there were for children 11 and under. o.o

The general trend has been to read me as around 16-18. I don't really get it. When I look in the mirror, I feel like my age shows.

Lucid

I guess my age. It depends though, nice clothes and stuff can age anyone up a couple of years, where as raggedy or casual clothes and age anyone down. It depends. I think I do look older with make up tho

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I've been told numerous times I act a lot younger than I actually am. Though I'm practically taller than 90% of every person I meet, they always assume I'm still in school. I think the long eyelashes, rosy cheeks and lack of any facial hair gives that impression. I get patted on the head by people half my height, so that should be a good indicator of how people view my age :why:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
    I turned 20 two months ago but I still look like I'm like 13. And when I don't shave, it just makes it worse because then i look like a 13-year-old who doesn't know how to shave yet and/or is proud of his ridiculously patchy facial hair.

I just yearn for the day that I look like a legal adult. I have a feeling that won't come for another decade though honestly.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I'm 26, but when I'm clean shaven people think I'm 18. When I was 19 and couldn't grow a beard, I looked 15. My 6'1" stature is the only real indicator of my age. I'm literally keeping a goatee I hate because otherwise I don't get treated like an adult. I mean, I'm definitely not an adult on the inside, but I'd rather not get harassed if I want a damn beer.

I'm 26 and look like I'm still in high school :< I get carded all the time and old people on the bus are like "What grade are you in?"

Same here, bro.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    people are always shocked when i tell them i am 23
    they guess around 19 or so
    and i love it, great compliment.... because when i am 50 .... ;)​

Back