• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like to collect things. :B

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • What are things that you collect? Do you have any really weird collections? What about the things you used to collect as a kid?

I used to collect rocks when I was little. My mom used to hate when I brought them home from school. XD I have since stopped collecting them after that. Nowadays, my collections are stuffed toys. I also like to collect dragon stuff. <3

string555

Banned
    Years
  • When I was a kid, whenever I would walk anywhere, I often filled my pockets with random things I found on the ground, lol. I had tons of junk at home after a while. XD

Nowadays I mostly collect different foreign coins, my favorite being my Ukrainian ones.

A while back I had been collecting Megaman NT Warrior cards, simply because nobody really had them and most people probably haven't even heard of the series. :P

I also have a decent Pokemon card collection, including a bunch from the original Basic, Jungle, and Fossil sets (Plus a bunch of good promos). I took a bunch of first edition holos to a card shop one day just to see how much they go for, the guy was going to give me about $4 for the lot of them. Srsly? >:/

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • When I was a kid, whenever I would walk anywhere, I often filled my pockets with random things I found on the ground, lol. I had tons of junk at home after a while. XD

ahahahaha... I still do this. Like, if I find a good pen on the ground... I'll pick it up and save it. XD One time at the VA hospital (my dad had a regular DO appointment... nothing serious lol), I picked up this little ball that was on the ground. It was worn and looked old, but I still grabbed it. There was another time... don't remember where exactly, that I picked up this little tiny dinosaur. :3

It's weird because I have this tendency to feel bad for inanimate objects. Like, I just feel better giving them a proper home instead of just lying there on the ground to rot or be run over a dozen times. I know it sounds really stupid, considering how they are lifeless objects. I guess I'm just overly sensitive to things and connect easily to objects rather than real people. I also think this could be an autistic thing. I've read a lot on how many autistic people will feel easily connected to random objects than the people around them. I give them life and make them seem real. I know, it's really stupid... right? ^^;

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Well, at least you don't go sticking those plastic googly-eyes on inanimate objects, that would be ridiculous, heh...

*Hides all the objects I've done this to*
    <_<

While on this subject, I tend to name objects in my house that have a kind of personality. Like I call the lamp in my garage 'Sparky', because it makes kind of sparking sounds when you go to turn it on and off. XD

Got_Eevees!

ProjectPokemon.org's Friendly Person and Ambassado
    Years
  • I like adding the -y suffix to everything,mostly. And I assign names to different things.
    Like:
    Hewo fwend! How you today, Crystalline?
    I'm Snowflake.
    :o Riiight.
    -__- Go hack something.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Pokemon and some anime animal plush,
    Like mostly eeveelutions and the sailor moon cats.
    When I was younger
    I had these weird plush with really big eyes, and some dog figures.

Years
  • I actively collect anime merch (including BDs and such), manga, and Pokemon merch (including the TCG and Pokemon plushes) currently. Also US quarters. I also have a baseball card collection that I mostly inherited, an MTG collection from when I used to actively collect that, and a small collection of novels I thought were interesting to read from the title that I've never read (I say small but it's something like 80 books in its own right). I also have a sizable collection of PC and console games, but I'm not really actively collecting. I also have some general nerd merch. And some maps. And some CDs. And basketball and American football cards from the '80s and '90s. I have an arguably concerning amount of things that could be considered collections actually.

I don't have counts for the number of things in any of these collections.

baseball cards

Actively including the new stuff? Or did you inherit a collection?

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I actively collect anime merch (including BDs and such), manga, and Pokemon merch (including the TCG and Pokemon plushes) currently. Also US quarters. I also have a baseball card collection that I mostly inherited, an MTG collection from when I used to actively collect that, and a small collection of novels I thought were interesting to read from the title that I've never read (I say small but it's something like 80 books in its own right). I also have a sizable collection of PC and console games, but I'm not really actively collecting. I also have some general nerd merch. And some maps. And some CDs. And basketball and American football cards from the '80s and '90s. I have an arguably concerning amount of things that could be considered collections actually.

I don't have counts for the number of things in any of these collections.

Actively including the new stuff? Or did you inherit a collection?

I inherited a collection but I'm still collecting stuff

I haven't gone through everything yet but here's what I have so far

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • pokemon cards, keychains, sketch books... i think that's about it. i used to collect shells and cacti, oddly enough. but i stopped after a while.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Anime and Pokemon merch in general. Shirts, older/sealed manga, plushies, cards, figures, etc. I've put it on hold for the moment until i move and get proper shelving for it all.

TY

pokemon plushies and figures along with model cars. It hasn't gone wild just yet but soon it could be

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I collected hot-wheels but slowly lost them through the years. I'm left with the 3 on my shelf.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i actively collect youtuber merch, from any youtuber i'm interested in. mostly jacksepticeye and dan and phil. i would collect more pewdiepie merch but a lot of his stuff is limited edition nowadays and i'm always broke whenever he releases it. i also collect my little pony merch, from blankets to figurines to t shirts, etc. i also collect littlest pet shop toys like playsets and the small toy animals that come with them.

i used to collect sonic merch but as it's harder for me to find some, that's sort of on halt right now. but uh, yeah.

Back