• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I realized(again) today how much I hate driving

Sirfetch’d

Is it just me or are there too many idiots on the road that have no idea how to drive? A man ran a redlight today almost hitting the car in front of me which would have caused me to crash as well. Some people should really stay off the road ~_~

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Motorcycle riders can be very stupid and cause a lot of accidents, they shouldn't drive so recklessly. S.S

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If I were you I would have give chase.

Alright, sorry for that pun!

On the bright side, you're alright.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    basically being a safe driver is assuming that every car on the road will do everything they can to smash into you

Lucid

I just wrecked because of this bullshit, it's true. Plus people are so distracted now a days and in a hurry.

Years
    I've yet to come across the red light runners, thankfully. I mostly just see the people who decide to go 90 regardless of actual speed limit, or those that decide they're going to cut people off because they need to be the ones to get to their destination a few seconds faster. >:| Ugh.

Years
    I saw a county vehicle deliberately run a red light in front of me yesterday (he had plenty of time to stop and my light was green when he did it), and I laid on my car's horn as he was going around the bend (since it was a "T"-shaped intersection). It was the county-run bus service for elderly people, which made me worry, too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lol monday i was driving behind a student driver and i was running late to work so i drove around them

WELCOME TO THE ROAD HONEY

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I loooooove driving. the aforementioned red-light runners almost got me like a week after I had my license though. was nearly Fuckin T-Boned on the way to pick my sister up from school. that shook me. but other than that driving is so fun and vaguely liberating! plus it's fun to be able to listen to music as loud as possible at any time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    "drive friendly the texas way" my ass.

four months living here in houston and i'm still not used to how people drive here.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm probs one of the people who don't belong on the road. when i got my license i ran a stop sign, last week i almost got into an accident, and today i rubbed the side of my car and rolled over the curb... i literally only drove to practice and to wendy's.

Years
    basically being a safe driver is assuming that every car on the road will do everything they can to smash into you

Don't need to assume. Every driver is either too incompetent to drive properly or intentionally trying to cause accidents.

Several months back someone ran me off the road. It was night, raining, and I was going about 65 mph on the highway. They hit the front of my car while moving from the lane next to me. I spun across three lanes of traffic, at one point staring directly into the headlights of another car, but by some miracle I didn't hit anything. I know they did it on purpose, too, because they were tailgating me for several miles and flashing their highbeams at me.

There was another time when I was driving on windy, hilly backroads and a car behind me kept speeding up until it was almost touching bumper to bumper, then it was back away and do it again. There were lots of very steep hills around and I had to pull off the side of the road into a ditch to keep this crazy (probably drunk) person from killing me.

I hate driving.

Years
    Don't need to assume. Every driver is either too incompetent to drive properly or intentionally trying to cause accidents.

Several months back someone ran me off the road. It was night, raining, and I was going about 65 mph on the highway. They hit the front of my car while moving from the lane next to me. I spun across three lanes of traffic, at one point staring directly into the headlights of another car, but by some miracle I didn't hit anything. I know they did it on purpose, too, because they were tailgating me for several miles and flashing their highbeams at me.

There was another time when I was driving on windy, hilly backroads and a car behind me kept speeding up until it was almost touching bumper to bumper, then it was back away and do it again. There were lots of very steep hills around and I had to pull off the side of the road into a ditch to keep this crazy (probably drunk) person from killing me.

I hate driving.

Jeez. These are moments when you exercise your 2nd amendment rights to blast that motherfucker in the face. I guess it was a hit and run? Which would be totally illegal and cowardly?

some /sarcasm

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I like driving, but I can't stand people on the road. It seems like it's just inevitable that someone is gonna do something stupid.

Years
    I can't drive yet, which is pathetic on my end because at my age (almost 19 in a few months) I should be driving. I blame my family for never taking me to the DMV to get my permit and then letting the voucher thingy that says I can get it expire.

Years
    I generally don't mind driving, but I've also been driving regularly for nearly 10 years, and have been licensed to drive solo for just over 7 years.

I hate driving.

That second one is far too common among sober drivers in my area, particularly the type that speed often. It's a habit I had started to develop in the past, actually, because I learned it from other drivers, before I made a conscious effort to cut it out of my habits. If everyone in your area does it, it's a pretty easy bad habit to pick up. In my area, it's usually not malicious, though. It's more of a "GO FASTER I'M IN A HURRY" attitude behind it, though they're too patient/cautious to actually make a passing maneuver.

I like driving, but I can't stand people on the road. It seems like it's just inevitable that someone is gonna do something stupid.

And even the best drivers are no exception. Temporary lapses in attention or judgement will happen at some point to all drivers, and the best way to prevent accidents is to make sure you're far less prone to these moments (well, that and keeping your car well-maintained).

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Back in Louisiana, driver's education is a requirement of graduating high school. Here in Arizona, it doesn't even exist. You just apply for a permit or license.

The drivers in Arizona are terrible, and literally do not know what to do.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hmmm my main problem is actually slow drivers. there are awful drivers here too, but that is a given

yesterday took me 15 minutes to get to a gas station that is like 5 minutes away because some person in a nissan juke thought they were taking the slow and scenic route

I just wanted a georgia peach calypso man why do I have to endure this

Back