• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I really really like you

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • How would you approach someone when you want to make it known to them that you want to be in a romantic relationship?

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • How would you approach someone when you want to make it known to them that you want to be in a romantic relationship?

It really depends on the situation and person. There's no go-to phrase that won't creep someone out. That being said, if two people don't know each other well, they should have lunch together or just hang out as friends. If things go well and there's chemistry between the two people then a dinner date would be the next step, in my opinion.

Yukari

...But I've never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone before so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    well i don't like someone until i get to know them so we would of had to already met somehow. i'd just do small things to hint that i like them and see how they react. if not the reactions i was looking for, i would just assume they're not interested. i'm not very direct or aggressive with things like this

Years
  • I've always just told them directly. I've been rejected most times but that's really usually the worst that happens.

pkmin3033

I wouldn't even consider saying anything at all. If - and I stress IF - I ever felt that way about someone, they would be extremely close to me, and I would never want to jeopardize that bond. Confessing something like that would be a pretty effective way of destroying said bond.

I want a lot of things, but that doesn't mean I'll get them. In time the feelings would lessen and disappear entirely, so I'd keep quiet and wait for that to happen. Far easier, far less risky.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Be myself, which for me, involves being a total nerd.

"be the marisa to my reimu" "be my sword" so on so forth.

truly a wonder as to how i haven't found someone

Lucid

Stalk them on the Internet, find their address, then turn up at 1am singing love songs with your tattoo of their name on display. Works every time.

What are you doing on a Pokemon site Tyler

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I practically never approach. I let others do the approaching, but if I were to approach someone about this it'd be a close friend who I know for a fact might say yes, and I would directly tell them and be very blunt about it.

Spacy

Visitor from beyond...
    Years
  • Just tell them "Hormones in my brain have caused me to develop strong feelings of attraction and romantic affection for you. Please be my biological mate."

Or do the simpler method and say "I love you, will you please be my girlfriend?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I do what Ayselipera does, only I tend to easily start to like people I don't really know ^^ and I very subtly try to seduce them. Sometimes it works so that I can get to know the person and either get a new friend (or love) or realize that they're not my type. Other times they don't seem affected at all and then I accept that and move on. No need to tell someone you like them if there's no sign that they like you back, that's just weird in my eyes c:

Back