• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I went through your post history..you kind of scare me now

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Look back into your post history. Far..far back. What's the post the makes you cringe the most..then put a link to it here.

How do you differ from your past self?

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
    The cringe and nostalgia blend together very nicely into a mixture of chaos and confusion.

Here is the link to my first thread.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Basically all my posts in 2013. I was an 11 year old and I was no good.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
    I know y'all may cringe and lol at the younger yous... but I genuinely cannot stand that young me. Even the mildest of arrogance just makes me tense up.

I know that feel, haha. The urge to give my younger self a slap in the face is real.

Yukari

Pretty much anything I posted prior to May last year. And even then I can only tolerate myself after that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    not a specific post but abnegation sent me a voice clip the other morning telling me that he went through all my posts to see how many times i mentioned petilil and that i've mentioned it in a post 371 times and that he was quite impressed. i'm not embarrassed really, i just think it's funny i'm that obsessed with a green seed with leaves aka a goddess.

Years
    I'm not going through my post history to find anything specific since most of the stuff that makes me cringe is from years and years ago, but...

I used to have fewer qualms when it comes to using certain emoticons. I dunno, just my posting style back then makes me wince a bit because then I see some posts that are full of emoticons and I'm like why would I do that.

Maybe I've just serious'd up a bit and now I can't stand those in that amount, haha.

ETA: oh my god I actually went back through older posts of mine tonight because I'm bored and I found this post and yeah I do just kind of want to slap my younger self now.

Last edited:

Lucid

Pretty sure I just got more irrelevant and dickish, just fewer smilies.

Pretty much all of my welcome posts right before and around when I got promoted. They're so obnoxious and littered with way, way too many "n__n"s and tildes.. eugh. Here is one of my welcome posts:

Welcome to PC! :3 Diamond was a big step-up from the previous games in terms of graphics, I actually imported a Japanese Pearl before the English release since I was so desperate to play them. XD;; You should pick up B/W when you're able, they were also pretty good! n_n

Glad to see you've already been digging around this awesome forum. :D Really, have fun around here! We've got a lovely community. Hopefully I'll continue to see you around, yes?

And my introduction in the staff lounge when I was promoted:

So since Went and Gavin kind of gave me the idea to make an intro thread, I guess I'll be doing just that n__n

Um.. I'm 21, female (...when was the last time PC got a new female mod? It feels like it's been mostly males lately XD;) and live in NY. Not much to say other than that, I'm a pretty boring person. :3;

As for modding, Went added me to MSN a few days ago. We chatted for a while until he disconnected last night and came back to say "I d/ced just as I was talking to the user we're promoting to NU/W tomorrow" and.. yeah. Being the oblivious person I am, I just assumed he was giving me a sneak peak at the future since I was active there and probably spent a good few hours digging through the active posters to figure it who it could be. XD;

BUT YEAH I'm super excited to be here and all that stuff. <3 Already took care of a few things~!

Both from August 2012. Ewewew. Overusing smilies is normal for me even now and I guess I didn't change too much in the long run but it's still hard to look at. :(

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    simply, every post i made a year ago aaaall the way back to 2005. i don't like that person at all.
    too wordy even when it's not necessary, too many emotes, text formatting, lots of tildes.... it's obnoxious to me now.

i don't know how i wasn't at least infracted for acting like a damn fool all the time. 8I

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I would hate to dig through my pre-2014 posts again, but I think this particular post is spot-on:

Ugh, basically ANYTHING I posted back in 2008 was utter stupidity... most notably this thread, which I was reluctant to dig up. Also, over 60% of the things I posted from 2009 to 2011 were nearly as bad, and then I ended up disappearing from PC for three entire years (I think I came back literally this December).

Heck, I can't even associate myself with the me who used this account prior to my disappearance... hence I ended up adding this little bit to my bio:

Revise Librarian said:
    Yes, I used to be Dragoon/Epsikon Sato, but I will no longer associate myself with those names.
    I'm a completely different person now, and I plan on leaving my past self behind.

(How old was I when I joined PC again? Around 11? Jeez.)

Sirfetch’d

I was pretty bad when I first joined. At least I feel I was looking back on my posts. I didn't contribute much and definitely was very "nooby". Though I definitely feel as if I have matured a lot haha. I don't think I make noobish posts anymore THOUGH IF I DO LET ME KNOW 8D

my first thread was something like gen 1 pokemon still on your gen 5 team.....o_o

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Just about all my first several posts make me cringe. I hate my old self so much because I couldn't type for shit. Plus, I was a total nub who annoyed everyone. I was hated by a lot of people. I'm glad I became a better person. I can't really explain it but... yeah. I don't want to link anything because back then... I had gotten banned. :x So, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to show off those posts. It's kind of embarrassing for me. I was awful back then, and I would like not to go back to that again either. Thank you very much.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've yet to find a post of mine that's actually not terrible in some way. Well, I suppose my posting style has changed for the better at some point, but fortunately, all of my most terrible posts aren't to be found on PC.

Although, you can probably count my first posts here as most terrible (especially those in this subforum, as I tend to get carried away a little bit too much at times).

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Well, I wasn't such a realistic dick back then (2013) and it kind of bothers me. Like, almost everything I posted in 2013 makes me cringe.

Back