• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I won't eat that!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Is there any kind of food you just can't stand? And by that, I don't mean foods you're allergic to, but something you just find incredibly unappetizing.

I'm usually not a picky eater at all, but the one thing I just despise is ginger. It makes me want to gag when I take a bite of something that's otherwise absolutely fine, but has some ginger in it. Then I have to go and meticulously pick out every bit of ginger from the rest of my food. I dunno, it just doesn't agree with my taste buds at all.

So yeah, ginger completely ruins my meals. :P

Anything like that for you guys?

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • If a pineapple's a bit below room temp, then my tongue gets all lumpy and painful :l

I totally can't have even a tinge of chili, either. Even the smallest bit burns my mouth for quite a long time :(

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I don't touch eggs. Had them once when I was like 3, and I still to this day remember how awful I found them. I also hate cucumbers, mustard, and black olives.

Almost everyone in my family eats chitterlings (which, for those of you who don't know, is boiled pig intestines). No...just, no. Everything about them is unpleasant to me, to say nothing of the taste.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Anything that's a vegetable really. I don't see how any of those have a taste at all; really unappetizing.

Years
  • I can't hold down various types of common vegetables. Cauliflower, broccoli, peas, beans, potato, pumpkin, raw tomato, to name a few.
    I can eat corn I know that.
    I'm allergic to artificial raspberry flavouring.
    And I have an extreme phobia of soy sauce. I can eat it within foods, like if it's used in a sauce, totally fine. Can't be able to see it or smell it though.
    I have had panic attacks from trying to cook with it and it got on my skin. I can't I really just can't.

Years
  • I can't hold down various types of common vegetables. Cauliflower, broccoli, peas, beans, potato, pumpkin, raw tomato, to name a few.

That's the same as me, I can't stand a lot of vegetables either because I always know they sacrifice the taste just to be healthy. It's one of those problems I see with health foods and given I have a family history of diabetes it's even harder for me to balance my health. Onions are the worst offender in my case, meaning I find it hard choosing the right meal when I eat in fancy restaurants.

Also, I won't stand eating nuts (mainly because I'm so worried about triggering someone's nut allergy) and heck, even Vegemite which is very ironic for an Aussie such as myself. I once had a chunk of it stuffed down my throat and it tasted awful.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • you ready for a long list ?

-melted cheese so no Pizza base stuff
    -Bacon
    -Hotdogs
    - Honey
    -Carmel sweets
    -Rocky road
    -Mint based candy
    -Fish part for Fish sticks
    - spicy curry
    - Ice lollies
    - christmas dinner
    -Roast beef
    - Salad on burgers- has to be burger meat only
    - Ham/cold meat
    - Mayo

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Red meat, sushi, sea food, fried beans, most fruits, mustard, pumpkin, coconut, caramel, chili, burritos, taco, hamburger, hot link, insects, and non-crispy chicken.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • I'm allergic to Mango so I can't eat that. There's only two foods I dislike and that's Onions and Vanilla. Otherwise I'll try everything at least once.

(Ironically I don't like the taste of pumpkin either but I guess that's actually a good thing?)

Years
  • Blue cheese-I don't like it, and I don't want anything to do with it. I also don't understand why chicken wings and blue cheese are paired together. I just find that disgusting.

Cilantro-It has a metallic taste to me. But recently, I'm starting to accept it more than I ever would of blue cheese.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • you ready for a long list ?

-melted cheese so no Pizza base stuff
    -Bacon
    -Hotdogs
    - Honey
    -Carmel sweets
    -Rocky road
    -Mint based candy
    -Fish part for Fish sticks
    - spicy curry
    - Ice lollies
    - christmas dinner
    -Roast beef
    - Salad on burgers- has to be burger meat only
    - Ham/cold meat
    - Mayo

Haha. Besides spicy curry and ice lollies, you just listed everything that I find delicious. What are ice lollies anyway?

Years
  • One thing I know for sure that I'd never eat is sushi.. not only do I really not like seafood much, but the fact that it's raw seafood just makes me tingle a little.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I legit find it kind of funny so many people here have a problem with Sushi. I have an odd habit of eating a bit of salmon before cooking it, outside of eating just sushi. And I loooooove it <3

I have serious difficulties even standing the sight of bread that got wetted by something, such as being dunked in water or being exposed to meat. It actually makes me puke unless the bread is toasted.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Cilantro-It has a metallic taste to me. But recently, I'm starting to accept it more than I ever would of blue cheese.
    Yeppp. Sad thing about cilantro is even if it's just a small amount, you can taste is as if they loaded the food up with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pickles. They're good, but after eating about one or two pickles (depending on the size), my stomach feels extremely stuffed—I don't like that. Other things I don't like are liver, goat cheese, and meat pie.

Back