• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could obtain any skill?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is there a certain skill that you are lacking but wish you could have? Maybe being able to cook or to be good at sports or even being more creative?

pkmin3033

Accurately reading and predicting trends in the stock market.

I know the theory, and the theory says it's basically impossible (legally, anyway) so I suppose the skill I'm asking for is luck, which would be nice too, but that'd be what I'd apply it towards.

Years
  • Be able to speak every language or have a flawless memory.
    To be able to speak and read every language would be an incredibly useful skill!
    I also wish I was a more creative and driven person, but that's more a state of mind than a skill, I suppose.

Sirfetch’d

I wish that I was better at competitive battling. I've been doing this now for 3+ years and I still can't seem to win big games when it matters. In my defense the meta is really difficult but I still wish I could at least stop choking :x

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Being able to sight read music and play on the spot :/ Like i can read music but it takes me forever and I still have to write notes down and such :s

Years
  • Drawing! I want to be able to draw my favourite characters, to draw for my friends, stuff like that, but I can't worth shit.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    The ability to compose music. It would pretty much make me and my fiance's respective skills (drawing, writing, and voice acting) complete for my video project I'm working on.

If I can't have that, I suppose I'll go with speaking Japanese. It would make things a hell of a lot more useful in my life.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    To quickly do any mathematical equation in my head. Would make my job, tipping, and other things a lot easier :P

Languages is another good one! I'd choose Arabic.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Parkour. Would be a great way to stay in shape and save on gas money (if I lived in a more urban settlement of course)

Bay

Years
  • Drawing! I want to be able to draw my favourite characters, to draw for my friends, stuff like that, but I can't worth ****.

Same here. I tend to have several ideas that could make great art, but my drawing skills is lacking. Of course I can always practice but I'm a bit discouraged I haven't done this much sooner and my motivation is slim.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I wish I could have better time management skills. I want to be able to study, work, AND be active on PC without feeling like I'm only putting half the effort into each of those.

The only thing is, I kinda suck at juggling them right now... :c

Years
  • I wish I could play music from memory. It'd be great if I heard a song on the radio or something, and then be able to pick up a guitar or sit down at a piano and play it without missing a note.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I wish I was good enough at writing to make a living out of it. I'd love to be able to wake up in the morning and sit down at my computer knowing I didn't have to go out and do anything unless I wanted to. And then I could just listen to music and write and not worry about anything.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I think speaking several languages would be a really useful skill, as it opens some many different doors to different jobs.
    I guess it would be noticing something in a lot of detail. Or having excellent memory

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • 1 - Eidetic memory.
    2 - Badass godlike guitar playing/composition skills.
    3 - Super Saiyan transformation.

Years
  • I wish to have incredibly insane fantastic makeup skills like those beauty youtubers.
    Joking aside.

1: I wish to be better at learning French and better maths skills.

Back