• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Impulse buyer here

Sirfetch’d

The willpower thread got me thinking about this tbh. I was at the store earlier buying groceries and when I looked at the list that my mom and I made and then looked at the receipt...I realized there was quite a difference. I ended up putting so many things in the shopping cart on impulse that I probably shouldn't have but I was like "eh I kinda want this". Are you an impulse buyer? It doesn't have to be just food either. What are some of the weirdest impulse buys that you have made?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I bought my car on impulse

but I needed a car so meh

other than that I would say that I'm not an impulse buyer

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Kids, don't go grocery shopping before your meals. You'll end up buying calamari without a single regret. Aside from, you know, you spent money on calamari not knowing what it was or how to prepare it or how it taste...

Outside of food, I don't purchase anything on impulse. I rarely purchase anything for myself. I did buy an Urf figurine (a character from League of Legends), because I knew it would sell out super quick and URF mode is the best thing that ever happened to League, but aside from that... I don't really have anything. I don't impulse buy, nor do I make purchases for basic living, like clothing and furniture and upkeep. I'm frugal in a strange sense.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Kids, don't go grocery shopping before your meals. You'll end up buying calamari without a single regret. Aside from, you know, you spent money on calamari not knowing what it was or how to prepare it or how it taste...

Outside of food, I don't purchase anything on impulse. I rarely purchase anything for myself. I did buy an Urf figurine (a character from League of Legends), because I knew it would sell out super quick and URF mode is the best thing that ever happened to League, but aside from that... I don't really have anything. I don't impulse buy, nor do I make purchases for basic living, like clothing and furniture and upkeep. I'm frugal in a strange sense.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Spending money makes me sad, so I only buy things if I am 110% sure that I want them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah mainly when i grocery shop. thats such a problem when i have no money. the best way is absolutely to make a complete list including a breakdown of ingredients for planned meals and stick to it. and dont shop when ya hungry good lord never do it if ya on a budget

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i really don't have so much room to wiggle when it comes to money, as i have a lot of fixed expenses that i need to pay.

that being said i never impulse buy because then i'd have a major problem to deal with. ;P

Lucid

Allllllll the time, I buy bullshit I don't need off of Amazon on like, a weekly basis. I'm so bad with money.

Years
  • I am a bit, I try not to be, but sadly it's always along the lines of "but it only costs this much, surely it won't hurt to get this as well", so I end up giving in and buying it.

Weirdest thing, uhhh. I don't remember. Aside from food-related things - which the things I tend to grab aren't even that odd - the only things I've bought on impulse lately are my owls (either plushes or little figurines), so. Although I guess if I said "I bought owls", with no context, that could be seen as weird. :P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    if you count buying games during steam sale / sale seasons in general, then yes i am 100% an impulse buyer

Years
  • ^Omg Hermione where's Ron

I'm always buying things on impulse even when I can't afford it, mostly due to commercials and YouTube ads.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • My impulse buys are generally inexpensive, less than $4 or so. Definitely never outside my means, either: I allocate $35 of my paycheck per month to whatever I want to buy. I can either burn it all that month or save it up for something bigger.

Back