• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In fifth grade, I copied off my friend while the teacher wasn’t looking

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
  • Tbh, I was tempted to do so on many occasions, but nope. Not yet.
    I'd feel really guilty of doing so. I remind myself that exams are supposed to test you for who you are, not the others. Only when I am about to cheat that some irl Prof's voice echoes in my mind:
    "Failure is far more honourable than cheating"

I do lack in many things in life, but not this.

pkmin3033

Hmm...well, kinda sorta not really. In my English A-Level poetry exam, we were allowed to bring our own copies of poetry books into the exam, with our own annotations...to a point. They weren't supposed to be excessively annotated, and you could barely see the poems in mine for all the notes I'd written. I even had an essay plan on the back page. I didn't say a word and I got away with it, and if I had spoken up it would have definitely been taken from me. So...kinda, but not really, because you were allowed to take the book into the exam in the first place? xD

Otherwise, though? Nope...the risk of being caught was too great, and tbh I never really needed to. I either got lucky, did enough revision, or I'm smarter than I thought I was!

Years
  • I "helped" some girlfriends of mine to cheat in elementary and middle school, which is the same as cheating myself. I'm not proud to say that I did this. I thought I was being nice by sharing the answers, but the truly caring thing to do in retrospect would be to tutor a struggling student so they learn how to excel in their own, instead of doing the work for them.

Some things I did were whisper the answers to classmates who wanted to know them in the middle of a geography test, and on a math test. In a science class and history class I went as far as to position my paper in a way so that my friends would be able see everything I was writing on the exams and copy all of the answers. After this one pop quiz on the US Constitution every student's test score was called out at the start of the following session of class, and my friend and I were the only ones who got a 100% score. It was obvious what we had done. My friend wasn't a stand out student in this particular class, and there were kids grumbling out loud that she only passed because she was sitting next to me. My friend put up a show of saying she didn't cheat, and claimed she was just studying really hard lately, but nobody bought it. There wasn't a way to prove we for sure cheated though, since it was a series of multiple choice questions, and nobody actually witnessed us do anything funny during the test. So we got away with that one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Kinda? I don't usually risk it, but if the circumstances made it extremely easy and low risk to cheat and if there the rest of my friends were doing it, my consciousness got diluted and I did it. It wasn't like I was completely clueless though, those were mostly points for a higher grade

Years
    • Online now
    I had a friend who was doing this, but I was afraid to confront him about stopping.

So I started writing the wrong answers on purpose, hurting both of our grades. Eventually he stopped.

Years
  • I distinctly remember cheating in this one important quiz by looking over at my smart classmate's paper.

I distinctly remember us both getting the lowest score too.

Bay

Years
  • One time in 8th grade English class when we were doing a test appointed by the school district. At one point the teacher had to take care of something, and once she was gone my friend somehow got the answers to the test. I didn't like the English teacher and I didn't care if it was wrong or not, so I looked at the answers along with everyone else. I don't think my friend got in trouble for that lol. Otherwise, can't recall the other times I cheated like that.

Years
  • i vividly remember trying to cheat once in fifth grade (hence the title) and not finding anything bad with it. just turned to the person sitting next to me (who i was friends with) and asked what he wrote down for a specific question. the teacher went up to grab my test and scream that i'm getting a 0 grade since of course she saw it, and that is embedded in my brain almost 20 years later. :( if you want to be a teacher, please make sure you have the patience to work with children!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omg I'm terrible you guys are so wholesome. I would cheat all the time!! Not in uni obviously but like high / middle school? Y'all couldn't pay me to take it seriously.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    Yes, the temptation was incredibly great, but not always overcame me. Very often I tried to surrender everything myself without using any hints. Yes, it was incredibly difficult and there were many failures. But, there were times when I used a website https://edubirdie.com/buy-term-paper that helped me with my studies in every way possible. I think the useful thing about this website is that you can buy a term paper on it. Yes, it was not very often. But I think that if it wasn't for all kinds of study help, there would have been a lot of failures in my studies.

Last edited:

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
  • Why are you all so nice and honest? I... can't really say I haven't. Work smarter, not harder has always been my mantra! I've since done it less, but I didn't take things seriously either.

Years
  • Why are you all so nice and honest? I... can't really say I haven't. Work smarter, not harder has always been my mantra! I've since done it less, but I didn't take things seriously either.

yeah i mean, adopting that mindset will get you far in life anyways since if we're being honest, a good majority of people at the top aren't exactly the most holy folks lol. not saying you're evil or anything, but i'm just saying it's how life really is/tends to be.

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
  • yeah i mean, adopting that mindset will get you far in life anyways since if we're being honest, a good majority of people at the top aren't exactly the most holy folks lol. not saying you're evil or anything, but i'm just saying it's how life really is/tends to be.

No, no, no, you're absolutely right. I'm just prone to using any tricks up my sleeve I can; I don't do it as much now and usually play it for jokes rather than anything serious these days. I just liked the guarantees and dedicating time elsewhere; like to people or subjects I genuinely had passion for.

Back