• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So is unown not in the Undiscovered egg group? I ask because Bulbapedia says it is: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group) however everything else in the Unidscovered egg group has 3 perfect IVs but I just caught an unown and it may only have had 1 perfect IV (according to the serebii IV calculator) so does anyone know for sure whether Unown is in the Undiscovered egg group or not?

So is unown not in the Undiscovered egg group? I ask because Bulbapedia says it is: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group) however everything else in the Unidscovered egg group has 3 perfect IVs but I just caught an unown and it may only have had 1 perfect IV (according to the serebii IV calculator) so does anyone know for sure whether Unown is in the Undiscovered egg group or not?

Edit: Also, I know you can use the DexNav to get better IVs and possibly even shininess of pokemon, but if you run into another pokemon the chain is broken, however, this one cave ONLY has Unown, so if I am chaining unown but run into a wild unown, does that not break the chain since you're running into the wild pokemon you are looking for anyway? would anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023

Edit: Also, I know you can use the DexNav to get better IVs and possibly even shininess of pokemon, but if you run into another pokemon the chain is broken, however, this one cave ONLY has Unown, so if I am chaining unown but run into a wild unown, does that not break the chain since you're running into the wild pokemon you are looking for anyway? would anyone know?

I can't answer your 2nd question.

But for your first question. Unown is in the undiscovered egg group. The page you linked even says this.

In Generation VI, all Pokémon in this group except for Unown are guaranteed to have a perfect 31 in at least three of their individual values when caught in the wild or obtained as a gift.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So is unown not in the Undiscovered egg group? I ask because Bulbapedia says it is: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group) however everything else in the Unidscovered egg group has 3 perfect IVs but I just caught an unown and it may only have had 1 perfect IV (according to the serebii IV calculator) so does anyone know for sure whether Unown is in the Undiscovered egg group or not?

Unown is in the Undiscovered Egg Group because it can't breed with anything, not even with Ditto. Apparently, the 3-perfect IV gimmick was dropped for baby Pokemon, as well as Unown in OR/AS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've been Dexnaving Unowns for most of the day and I have gotten about 6 or 8 that have all 3 stars illuminated with the ! right beside it (I never see the ! beside 1 or 2 stars, so I always secretly hope that the ! means there are more than 3) however, when I check the stats of all of them, I have never gotten more than 3 unowns with 3 perfect IVs, so I'm wondering, does the Dexnav chaining only get you a maximum of 3 perfect Ivs (since there are only 3 empty stars in the Dexnav normally) and the other 3 are always random? OR if there are more than 3, do more stars then show up on the Dexnav? Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been Dexnaving Unowns for most of the day and I have gotten about 6 or 8 that have all 3 stars illuminated with the ! right beside it (I never see the ! beside 1 or 2 stars, so I always secretly hope that the ! means there are more than 3) however, when I check the stats of all of them, I have never gotten more than 3 unowns with 3 perfect IVs, so I'm wondering, does the Dexnav chaining only get you a maximum of 3 perfect Ivs (since there are only 3 empty stars in the Dexnav normally) and the other 3 are always random? OR if there are more than 3, do more stars then show up on the Dexnav? Thanks!

If all 3 stars are filled in, this means that the Pokemon has 3-6 perfect IVs. The higher the chain, the more likely this can happen. 'Sides, I DexNaved for Staryu the other day and one of them turned up with 4 perfect IVs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I just tried to name one of my unowns Eta and it said I can't enter that word, yet when I named another unown Theta it worked perfectly fine. Anyone know why?

So I get why you can't name something England (because of Gland) or Spice (because of the racist word it becomes when you take off the E) however, I can't understand why Eta is not allow but Theta is, if anything, shouldn't both of them be banned?

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Does the Berry Master's wife let you do the phrases again? I just got to her house and she was talking about her husband's battle and I was supposed to put GREAT but instead I put in Great so I got a normal berry. I'm assuming that in five days, she'll ask me again but can someone confirm if I ever get a redo? Or have I missed out on the Spelon berry?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does the Berry Master's wife let you do the phrases again? I just got to her house and she was talking about her husband's battle and I was supposed to put GREAT but instead I put in Great so I got a normal berry. I'm assuming that in five days, she'll ask me again but can someone confirm if I ever get a redo? Or have I missed out on the Spelon berry?

I get to give her a word every day and she gives me a berry, I didn't realize there were specific words for specific berries, but I do know I have been getting a berry from her every day, and today was a berry I never got before (there was only one in my bag, don't know what it was, I already planted it)

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I've been looking for this all over the place but when exactly can you get Houndoomite? I'm itching to mega evolve my newly evolved Houndoom and I know you can get it by the old man by the hot springs but after what point in the game is it there because the shiny sparkly spot isn't there for me at all (day or night time)? I'm just after the part where you fly with Steven to the Southern Island to save Latias from Team Aqua and I was wondering how much longer I have to go.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been looking for this all over the place but when exactly can you get Houndoomite? I'm itching to mega evolve my newly evolved Houndoom and I know you can get it by the old man by the hot springs but after what point in the game is it there because the shiny sparkly spot isn't there for me at all (day or night time)? I'm just after the part where you fly with Steven to the Southern Island to save Latias from Team Aqua and I was wondering how much longer I have to go.

Houdoominite is a post-Cave of Origin Mega Stone. After defeating or catching Kyogre/Groudon, more Mega Stones will appear in the overworld or as gifts. The Houndoominite in particular is in Lavaridge's sand baths.

Years
  • Is there a place where I check to see what my highest consecutive fish chain is in ORAS, just like in X and Y?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • If I deleted my save file with the whole B, Up Select thingy, would it damage any software updates that had come in during my play time of the game?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Where do I find the Light Ball at Route 120? I've been search everywhere around that route after I was told it was on that route rather than Route 118.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    Hello! I am new to the forums and I have a question.
    I did not receive the Unova starters after the Delta Episode. Do you have to go directly out to the route where Professor Birch is from Littleroot Town or can I get it anytime? From the completion of the Delta Episode, I've been going all the time to the route where Professor Birch was first entercountered (did I spell it right?), but he's never on that route. I've received the Johto starters though.

Years
  • Hello! I am new to the forums and I have a question.
    I did not receive the Unova starters after the Delta Episode. Do you have to go directly out to the route where Professor Birch is from Littleroot Town or can I get it anytime? From the completion of the Delta Episode, I've been going all the time to the route where Professor Birch was first entercountered (did I spell it right?), but he's never on that route. I've received the Johto starters though.

As far as I know, for all the alternate starter events to trigger you have to meet the requirement and then go to Route 101 and encounter Birch. If you beat the Delta Episode and then return to Route 101 and see Birch, you'll then get the Unova starter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back