• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    As far as I know, for all the alternate starter events to trigger you have to meet the requirement and then go to Route 101 and encounter Birch. If you beat the Delta Episode and then return to Route 101 and see Birch, you'll then get the Unova starter.

Thanks!

NevanPTF

Pokemon Legendary Hunter
    Years
  • Hey guys!

I'm on the same board as Mitsumi13390, as in, being new to the forum :b

How can I understand better IVs/EVs + Natures, in order to "farm" for the "perfect" pokémon?

I've been reading related EV/IV stuff on serebii, so I know which hordes I need, but I can't really understand the concept in order to apply to my game. My goal, at the moment, is completing the Pokédex and getting the pokémons that I would like to take to PvP at the same time. Hence that, I would like to understand EV/IV lvling and start searching for what I need.

Everytime I check a thread about how to create teams and etc, I grow really upset and confused : \

Thanks for your time!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hey guys!

I'm on the same board as Mitsumi13390, as in, being new to the forum :b

How can I understand better IVs/EVs + Natures, in order to "farm" for the "perfect" pokémon?

I've been reading related EV/IV stuff on serebii, so I know which hordes I need, but I can't really understand the concept in order to apply to my game. My goal, at the moment, is completing the Pokédex and getting the pokémons that I would like to take to PvP at the same time. Hence that, I would like to understand EV/IV lvling and start searching for what I need.

Everytime I check a thread about how to create teams and etc, I grow really upset and confused : \

Thanks for your time!

Essentially, every single pokemon of the same species has identical stats to each other. However, each pokemon when you first encounter it or hatch it is assigned a secret, invisible number called IVs that range from 0 - 31 which, by the time it reaches level 100, will mean that pokemon gets 0 - 31 extra points in each stat. (so if you have a pokemon with 31 IVs in every stat, that pokemon will be 31 points stronger in every single stat that a pokemon who has 0 IVs in each stat)

You cannot change, alter or have any control over what IVs get in which stat, they are predetermined from the moment you encounter the pokemon. You can, however, pass on IVs from parents onto children via breeding and use of an item called the Destiny Knot. (breeding is a whole other topic!) so semi strong parents can create super strong offspring.

EVs on the other hand, are invisible numbers given by every pokemon you battle (so every Zigzagoon you fight gives you 1 point in speed, every Scatterbug you fight gives you 1 point in Defense, and so on) and for every 4 Evs you get in a particular stat you get an extra point in that stat (so every 4 Scatterbugs you fight you get 1 extra point in Defense) up to a maximum of 252 EV points which translate to 63 extra points to a stat by the time you get to level 100. in total, a Pokemon with perfect IV and maxed EV training in a stat will be 94 points stronger than the identical pokemon with 0 IVs and no EV training in that stat. Now, even if you have perfect IVs and maxed EVs in a stat, you won't necessarily see these points until level 100. They are still there, but at lower levels the gain isn't as apparent as it is in higher levels.

Hopefully that makes it clearer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Does the Ability Synchronize's 50% chance of wild Pokémon having the same nature as the Pokémon with Synchronize apply to Kyogre/Groudon?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • When can you go into New Mauville and Mauville Hills? And after the Sea Mauville quest, when Cozmo and his nephew leave, is that the end?

You can meet Watson in Mauville City after the Groudon/Kyogre event and New Mauville and Mauville Hills unfold from there. As far as I know, yes, it is @ Sea Mauville - although there are a couple more things to do later on:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does the Ability Synchronize's 50% chance of wild Pokémon having the same nature as the Pokémon with Synchronize apply to Kyogre/Groudon?

Yes, as well as all the other legendaries as well as the Latios/Latias that you encounter via the story is actually 100% as well

NevanPTF

Pokemon Legendary Hunter
    Years
  • Essentially, every single pokemon of the same species has identical stats to each other. However, each pokemon when you first encounter it or hatch it is assigned a secret, invisible number called IVs that range from 0 - 31 which, by the time it reaches level 100, will mean that pokemon gets 0 - 31 extra points in each stat. (so if you have a pokemon with 31 IVs in every stat, that pokemon will be 31 points stronger in every single stat that a pokemon who has 0 IVs in each stat)

You cannot change, alter or have any control over what IVs get in which stat, they are predetermined from the moment you encounter the pokemon. You can, however, pass on IVs from parents onto children via breeding and use of an item called the Destiny Knot. (breeding is a whole other topic!) so semi strong parents can create super strong offspring.

EVs on the other hand, are invisible numbers given by every pokemon you battle (so every Zigzagoon you fight gives you 1 point in speed, every Scatterbug you fight gives you 1 point in Defense, and so on) and for every 4 Evs you get in a particular stat you get an extra point in that stat (so every 4 Scatterbugs you fight you get 1 extra point in Defense) up to a maximum of 252 EV points which translate to 63 extra points to a stat by the time you get to level 100. in total, a Pokemon with perfect IV and maxed EV training in a stat will be 94 points stronger than the identical pokemon with 0 IVs and no EV training in that stat. Now, even if you have perfect IVs and maxed EVs in a stat, you won't necessarily see these points until level 100. They are still there, but at lower levels the gain isn't as apparent as it is in higher levels.

Hopefully that makes it clearer.

Yup dude. Thanks for the explanation!

So just to check. IVs you cant control them, on the other hand you can control EVs distribution.

Now this leaves me with other question. How can I know which natures are better for a pokemon? Is there anything in game that indicates X nature affects Y or Z stats?

thanks once again!

Years
  • Now this leaves me with other question. How can I know which natures are better for a pokemon? Is there anything in game that indicates X nature affects Y or Z stats?

If you look at your Pokemon's statistics screen in-game, one of its stats gets highlighted in red and another is highlighted in blue. The red indicates the stat raised by the nature while blue indicates the lowered stat (e.g. Attack highlighted red and then Sp. Atk highlighted in blue for Adamant nature, or there's Defense in red and Speed in blue for Relaxed, and so on). In the case of neutral natures (Hardy, Bashful, Quirky, Docile, Serious) none of the stats are highlighted.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yup dude. Thanks for the explanation!

So just to check. IVs you cant control them, on the other hand you can control EVs distribution.

Now this leaves me with other question. How can I know which natures are better for a pokemon? Is there anything in game that indicates X nature affects Y or Z stats?

thanks once again!

To add to what Hikari said, here's a list of natures.

NevanPTF

Pokemon Legendary Hunter
    Years
  • Awww yus! Thanks to both! I've indeed noticed those highlighted stats but I didnt knew their purpose ahaha Now I understand how this whole EVs/IVs work and the relation with pokemon nature + stats.

'Tis time to search for a strong Absol! :3

Ty!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • How am I suppose to get the two TMs at the Safari Zone that requires both bikes to get to it (one at the northeast, and the other at the southwest)? I can only use one of the two.

Years
  • How am I suppose to get the two TMs at the Safari Zone that requires both bikes to get to it (one at the northeast, and the other at the southwest)? I can only use one of the two.

You need to earn your way to getting both bikes. Which is just a matter of talking to a Hex Maniac in Route 111's Desert using a Mach Bike (in an area you can only get to via Mach Bike), then talking to a Bird Keeper in an area of Route 119 that requires the Acro Bike, Surf, and Waterfall to get to. After that, you need to get to the Battle Resort and show either bike to a Triathlete there, and then head back to Mauville to talk to Rydel.

So basically, you can't get them until the post-game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I have a quick question, sorry if it has been asked and answered before.

With the Secrete Base codes, where you can get bases for the creators of pokemon games, do these codes work in the English versions?

If so, what do I need to scan the codes with and where do I enter the codes in at once I scan them? I have the QR bar code scanner on my phone, but can't get the sites to come up. (This might just be because it is slow at the moment) Do I need the QR code on my 3DS?

Years
  • Hey guys, I have a quick question, sorry if it has been asked and answered before.

With the Secrete Base codes, where you can get bases for the creators of pokemon games, do these codes work in the English versions?

If so, what do I need to scan the codes with and where do I enter the codes in at once I scan them? I have the QR bar code scanner on my phone, but can't get the sites to come up. (This might just be because it is slow at the moment) Do I need the QR code on my 3DS?

You need to use the 3DS camera to scan the QR code while using the PC in your Secret Base. The way to add them is to use the "Find a Secret Base" option under the "Manage QR Code Patterns" menu.

Not sure if they'll work with English copies of the games, but I would think there wouldn't be any issues.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • You need to breed a female Gastly/Haunter/Gengar first with one of the Pokemon listed here (that learn Disable through level up): https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/094.shtml#disable

then breed a female Gastly that results from that with a male Misdreavus that knows Perish Song. The baby Gastly from that should then be born with both Disable and Perish Song.

Thought only the males passed on moves...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back