• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Years
  • The probably worst finger "injury" I ever had was probably that one time when I was in my room and it was dark and I was walking pretty fast (like almost running) and ass of a sudden and totally unestimable a wall appears out of nowhere and I basically punch the hell out of it
    No physical injuries, although my pinkie went completely numb after that

...it still is today

Years
  • Wow CCC. We're talking about finger cutting? A nice offbeat interruption from my studies of the organization of production in markets, firms, networks and projects.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I guess I'm gonna be the weird one that never got his finger cut. I take extra care with knives and scissors plus I don't cook so there's that.

Years
  • Well, Andy apparently hurt his finger and Live's finger-slicing incident had its anniversary a few days ago, so yeah.

How badly mangled is it, Andy? My somewhat morbid sense of curiosity regarding injury carnage has gotten me curious.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I don't even think Andy's online right now haha.

Wait Live sliced his finger or just the skin?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Finger slicing is boring now. Can we talk about the recent trends in the NASDAQ?

I've always wondered how many rednecks have gotten their asses ran over (literally) while picking wildflowers on the railroad tracks, since that seems to be a thing. Really, wouldn't it be nice to have a statistic on that?

...there. Picking wildflowers. Is that a grotesque enough evasion for ya? :p

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I once accidentally cut the side of my thumb while opening a can of food for my dog. It bled profusely for 30 minutes, and wore me the hell out. Still feels funky when I accidentally rub against it.

Years
  • You know, as long as I've been in the food service industry, you would think I'd have a scary cut story. But I don't. .__.; I have more problems with slipping and bumping my head than I do slicing my fingers.

Like yesterday. Don't jump on a rolling cart to look cool without grabbing onto it. You just fall on your ass and get a sore thigh and an elbow scrape. :p

Hope your finger's OK, Andy, if you ever read this.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • You know, as long as I've been in the food service industry, you would think I'd have a scary cut story. But I don't. .__.; I have more problems with slipping and bumping my head than I do slicing my fingers.

Like yesterday. Don't jump on a rolling cart to look cool without grabbing onto it. You just fall on your ass and get a sore thigh and an elbow scrape. :p

Hope your finger's OK, Andy, if you ever read this.
    Oh oh oh! I remember once when I was working at Chuck E. Cheese's one of my coworkers got a pretty serious injury from cutting tomatoes without gloves. She had to go to the hospital to get glue >.>

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Last time I had any major cuts was when I was living in Charlottesville, VA. I fell down a double flight of stairs and impaled my lip on a wine glass (not fun). When I went to the hospital they told me I was the first of their patients to get that glue stuff on my cut rather than stitches. :)

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Come to think of it, I haven't ever had any serious cuts, as far as I can remember. Granted, after some time passes after any injury, I usually start to play it down in my mind, or just completely forget about it.

Scrapes, burns, gashes, bumps, I can name some of those, though.

Hope your finger turns out fine, Andy.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • One time I cut my foot on a piece of glass about an inch long. It was painful. :( Luckily my dad had some gauze in our medicine cabinet. That's about all for cuts for me except papercuts.

My dad has cut both of his thumbs though. One halfly off when working at a carpeting factory and the other while washing dishes (only the tip I iirc). And he's busted his skull a few times a kid.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • One time I cut my foot on a piece of glass about an inch long. It was painful. :( Luckily my dad had some gauze in our medicine cabinet. That's about all for cuts for me except papercuts.

My dad has cut both of his thumbs though. One halfly off when working at a carpeting factory and the other while washing dishes (only the tip I iirc). And he's busted his skull a few times a kid.

Did I mention that time when my mother sliced her thumb peeling potatoes when she was 12? :D

Your avatar reminded me of earlier today when I was lifting in the back of the Gym earlier today, along with the meatheads and guys on 'roids. I did it all wrong, and had really weak weights too. Feels bad man :(

I think I'll stick to the front of the gym from now on. I can work out my buff legs, scrawny arms, flabby core on the machines, and there's treadmills for cardio at the beginning and end. Why do I need dumbbells at this point? :P

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I split my head open taking a bubble bath a few years ago. I got up really fast and hit my head on the soap holder that was sticking out, cracked that and cracked my head open. Had to get nine staples. I was on vacation too so it stunk.

Years
  • Dumbbells are cool. So are barbells. I like free weights because you have to hold them, and that forces your body to use all those little muscles which would otherwise be ignored if you use the machines.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I've had a mass amount of stitches in my head before, but never staples. Everyone in my family who's had them before (staples) has had the problem of healing entirely before they're removed. Which means that'd have to be dug out. Not fun.

The feeling of somebody sewing your head shut is really weird, though. :I

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back