• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I will probably work 12 hour days as a translator but only when I have a project. I'm likely to have long periods- maybe up to a week- when I don't have a project. At least, that's my ideal situation.

pkmin3033

Picking and choosing your holiday is nice, too. Not that you get very much of it, unless you work at a school...but then you have to have school holidays off.

Years
    Too bad i know fuck all about what kind of """hours""" I'll get once I really get into something like network security.

I'm guessing it depends on what I do, specifically, the client that I work for, things like that.

Years
    Since I work at a college, I have a locked-in 5-day work week 8)

also hi guys the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is like the best place you guys could ever go for a fun day <3

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
    I don't have set hours either. Only thing set about it is that it's always Friday through Sunday and it's always less than 30 hours. Some weeks I get 25 or so hours, other weeks I get like 11. Due to a wide variety of factors, I can't work more days than that, so I just have to hope for the 25 hour weeks (though on average I get closer to 20).

Also I'm not allowed to take off for holidays and the only day of the year we're closed is Christmas Day. And it gets super busy on every holiday.

Last edited:

string555

Banned
    Years
    also hi guys the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is like the best place you guys could ever go for a fun day <3

Wrong, DisneyLAND is just slightly more fun. :P

I spent the day with my Uncle and my Cousin. I played tag for a good while with my cousin. That little bugger is fast, but after she realized she couldn't outrun me, she quickly switched to ninja tactics. Smart one, she is. XD

I feel like collapsing into a heap though, I'm not used to running around like that. X_X

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back