• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell me once that you have like, dumbbbbbb long commutes too? Cause I'm sure that blows in terms of keeping up energy levels as well /:

exactly!! i leave at 6.50AM and get to work between 8.50 and 9.20AM depending on traffic. and go home at 5 and get home 7PM. hahaha....
    i'd find another job, but I'm adjusted to this one and save almost everything right now, so it's more bearable knowing I've got a big sum to fall back on and can consider down payments on an apartment in the near future ^^

Years
  • Holyshit per ride? here it's like $2

yeah its cause its an 'express' bus
    those cost $6.50 and are bigger/more comfortable. except there's so much traffic in the morning i'd hardly call it express haha. it's messed up how it takes me 2 hours to commute from nyc to nyc.. that's the same amount of time it'd take me to drive from here to pennsylvania.
    regular buses and trains cost $2.75 but sadly i can't use that option to get to work, cause i'd have to take the train to the ferry, take the ferry to manhattan, then the train.. which would be like 2.5 hrs. i'd die

Years
  • yeah its cause its an 'express' bus
    those cost $6.50 and are bigger/more comfortable. except there's so much traffic in the morning i'd hardly call it express haha. it's messed up how it takes me 2 hours to commute from nyc to nyc.. that's the same amount of time it'd take me to drive from here to pennsylvania.
    regular buses and trains cost $2.75 but sadly i can't use that option to get to work, cause i'd have to take the train to the ferry, take the ferry to manhattan, then the train.. which would be like 2.5 hrs. i'd die

Oh I see! I'm not sure if there's anything like that here. The nearest city is Halifax and it's not that big

Years
  • I love Canada tbh. ideally i'd love to move to Montreal or somewhere in Quebec but I'm scared about not making it there since I need French to find decent work and it'd take me time to (re)learn. plus the taxes in canada are Too Damn High

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • what happened? =( hope youre ok

so I'm the captain of the bowling team. i pissed off a teammate of mine after I decided to substitute a player in for another. Well, it turned out that one player didnt play so well and as a result the dude thats mad at me was in position to win the match for us (all we needed was 3 pins). he chokes. So now he is pissed at himself for screwing up majorly, pissed at me for putting him in that position, and pissed at me for switching out a player.

he didnt mind speaking his mind in a not-so-nice manner and generally made me feel like total shit, and now he doesnt respect me as a captain

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I was once one pin away from a perfect game in Wii Bowling.

FlakyGuy

A super flaky person~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    We went bowling once a year in high school. That was somewhat fun if not chaotic.
    Sadly no one threw his ball into the ceiling.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

i'll be waiting for a copy of your 20 page research paper in my mail

bowling is fun if it's against friends and i'm winning

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back