• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

itt harsh lessons we have learned from experience

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Being nice doesn't guarantee other people will be. And on a similar note, sometimes the ones you're closest to will hurt you the most.

Lucid

If you are in a bad relationship, or are surrounded by toxic people, get the fuck away from that. If the people around you try to tell you that you don't deserve better, or that any abusive or manipulative behavior is okay because that person loves you, or you won't find better don't listen to them.

I was in a horror movie style situation for 5 years where it seemed like I was the only one who could see the mistreatment I was going through, and everyone around me tried to blame it on a mental illness that didn't exist, pot usage, or me just trying to get attention. Even if they did see it, they found a way to blame it on something else or justify it. Even if it's the adults in your life or people who seem to have your best interest at heart. Even if it's your best friend telling you that it's okay, it's not. Get a new best friend. Be your own best friend and treat yourself like royalty. You the best, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Breaking away from my situation meant losing my job, not having transportation or a place to sleep and pretty much loosing all of my friends of the past 7 years. I dealt with the most difficult things I ever had to deal with and really felt like my life was over. But now I'm in such a better place surrounded by good people, and am over all a happier, more positive and forgiving person. No matter how hard it is, it's worth it, you don't deserve to be miserable, you're a worthwhile person, you will find someone else who will love you and people who will care, and no matter how low you feel you can bring yourself back to the top. I can't stress that enough.

Also if you have low self esteem, don't broadcast that shit. I know when people say "I'm ugly" or "I don't have any good qualities" what they want deep down is reassurance, but when you constantly do this, your setting the bar really low for how others perceive you and will potentially treat you. In terms of relationships, you're setting up a huge power imbalance right off the bat.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Don't bottle up everything about you from anyone. It'll be hard for people to know your true self and they will make a lot of misjudgements. Don't be afraid to speak up when they're wrong and imposed their own choice onto you. Stand up for yourself and tell them upfront that you don't want what they chose for you. It's your life, and no one has any form of rule over it.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • Just because someone may say they love you, that doesn't mean they will respect you as an independent human being.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I learned that not everyone is my friend. This is one that hit me pretty hard as I got older too. Because of my strong interest in trusting people, it has lead me in getting hurt multiple times. It also made it harder on how I socialize with others because I fear a lot over what they might say or if they'd really be interested in being friends with me as well. It's a lesson that's haunted me for a long time, and I'm still trying to accept it.

Don't bottle up everything about you from anyone. It'll be hard for people to know your true self and they will make a lot of misjudgements. Don't be afraid to speak up when they're wrong and imposed their own choice onto you. Stand up for yourself and tell them upfront that you don't want what they chose for you. It's your life, and no one has any form of rule over it.

Also, this... it's another lesson I'm still trying to learn from. I'm usually very open about being myself more now, but there are still times when I bottle things up. I still fear showing my true colors to people because of what they will think. People have actually bullied me before just because I decided to show others what I'm truly like. If they find out I'm autistic, it's even worse because they often judge me a lot. That's why I tend to hide this fact from people and just live my life forgetting I am.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    don't sign a lease before you can afford the apartment... seems obvious i know.............

Years
  • Not every thought, whether bearing good-intentions or not, is welcome to others. Oh, that lesson still stings me to this day.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I usually coach young individuals and I'll share some of life lessons I teach them.

1. Nothing gets better than yes.
    2. Control Your Mouth.
    3. Surround yourself with great people.
    4. Don't confuse activity with productivity.
    5. Learn your lessons once.
    6. Handle problems while they're small.
    7. Assume nothing.
    8. Focus on how it can be done and not how it can't be done.
    9. Set, Achieve and Exceed your goals.
    10. Dream big.

Life lessons.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Some are personal life lessons and some are just general things you should know.

People are actors and most you think as your friends only have you to benefit them, trust nobody
    Don't dwell on the past
    Take school seriously and get a proper education
    Think before you speak
    Survival is a life long battle, don't let the evil (negativity) overpower you
    Money isn't everything
    Stay away from sketch people and criminal activities
    If the voice in your heads saying "don't do it" then listen (metaphorically speaking)
    Don't try to fit in or be someone you're not just to fit in
    Respect and be loyal to others
    Life's a blessing and curse and lessons are meant to be learned
    Train your mind to overcome hard challenges
    SAVE YOUR MONEY

Years
  • Human organizations may be judged by the people associated with them, but truth and error cannot. Sincerity does not make a person right. One who mistakes poison for medicine may be sincere, but remains sincerely wrong.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • don't tell someone you love them when you can't find another way to express the things that you're feeling. It probably isn't really love, and one of you will only end up hurt.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Everything tastes better with bacon is something I learned just recently

Back