• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Today I've defeated the final Gym Leader, and now I need to get through the Victory Road.

On a side note, I didn't expect that I'd need Strength in order to make it through!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm at Route 4 training/evolving my regional rodents/birds before I can replace them with Pokemon I more desire to use. My current team is Braixen, Pikachu, Bunnelby, Zigzacoon, Fletchling, and Pidgey.

Years
  • Trounced E4 and Champion several hours ago with this team

L64 Yveltal
    L66 Gengar
    L67 Tyrantrum
    L69 Blastoise
    L70 Chesnaught
    L72 Blaziken

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Picked up the game again after taking a break for a few days. My team of Pokemon were ready to go. They first took on the Laverre City Gym. There, Angel and Andy worked together to take down the leader, with a little help from Rittz. Saving the Poke Ball Factory was the next goal. It was rather easy, and Andy continued to prove that he could be adorable and strong. After a quick pass through Route 15 and Dendemille Town, it was to the Frost Cavern, where we decided to take a break for the day. Things were getting too chilly, and the team was getting tired.

Team status:
    Ender the Charizard - level 47
    Angel the Tyrantrum - level 47
    Rittz the Greninja - level 47
    Andy the Dedenne - level 46
    Lobo Fuerte the Hawlucha - level 33
    Snow Miser the Bergmite - level 40

Years
  • Now trained a Greninja with 31 Def, Sp Atk, Sp Def, Speed.

Planning to give it an expert belt, because I want it to be unpredictable.

I'm now breeding for an Adamant Garchomp so that I can have a powerhouse instead of Mega Mawile

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I've just reached the Pokemon League. Now I just need to defeat the Elite Four.

Besides, all of my team is level 72, except for Greninja, which is level 73.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • I must say, I am pleased with this game. Before I challenged Korrina's Gym, I raised all my Pokemon to Level 35. Over achieve much? Yes. My friend who doesn't own a 3DS said that it looked stupid and that the new Pokemon were terrible. He doesn't keep up to date on the information and such and never saw Mega Garchomp. He went and bought a 3DS.

Anywho, something that I found interesting when battling with my Eevee, Mortimer, was that he kinda did a little wiggle when he came out of the Pokeball. And then came the message saying, "Mortimer looks ready to go!" or something cheesy like that. Curious, I let him evolve. I had evolved him twice already, and soft-reset both times. The first time he was an Espeon, the second an Umbreon. I wanted a Sylveon, obviously. I had to figure out how to do it.

And I let him evolve. And he was a Sylveon in all his manly glory. So far he's a total beast in battle, but how I managed this feat of wonders I still don't know.

And I also caught a blue Flabe'be' thinking it was Shiny, but alas I was let down.

Years
  • Finished the game without blacking out once which shows to me the easiness of this game in comparison to previous entries, but still I had fun. Pidgeot missed out on my Hall of Fame because I forgot to take Lapras out of my team after Victory Road.

Hall Of Fame Team -
    Venusaur Lv.70
    Delphox Lv.70
    Aurorus Lv. 65
    Xerneas Lv. 64
    Lucario Lv. 63
    Lapras Lv. 49

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Update time.

Finally woke up Snorlax and caught it. Could've kept going for a better nature, but eh. I also tag battled against Tierno and Trevor with Serena. I'm at Connecting Cave, hunting down Axew. I already caught Whismur and Meditite there.

Current team:

Frogadier, male, level 29:
    -Lick
    -Round
    -Water Pulse
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Amulet Coin

Fletchinder, female, level 22
    -Ember
    -Agility
    -Quick Attack
    -Peck
    Nature: Naive

Combusken, male, level 22:
    -Peck
    -Double Kick
    -Cut
    -Ember
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Floette, female, level 22:
    -Tackle
    -Razor Leaf
    -Fairy Wind
    -Wish
    Nature: Modest

Skiddo, female, level 22
    -Take Down
    -Growth
    -Razor Leaf
    -Leech Seed
    Nature: Naive

Honedge, female, level 22
    -Aerial Ace
    -Swords Dance
    -Fury Cutter
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant

Years
  • Caught Zygarde, but again, I traded it away. Personally, I found that the Bug-, Grass-, and Ice-type Gyms were too easy. Granted, I did have two Fire-types and one Flying-type for the Bug gym, a Fire/Flying-type for the Grass gym (my Talonflame which was a Fletchinder at the time), and Mega Blaziken with Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut for the Ice gym.

EDIT: Made a mistake, turns out I actually didn't trade away my Zygarde.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Battling my way through Battle Chateau when:

Kalos Travel Journal

Last edited:
    I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I encountered it in Pokémon Y, and it's certainly interesting, so it seems appropriate here.

Generally when you go upstairs in the hotel in Camphrier Town you encounter a few travelers from foreign regions (and occasionally Mr. Bonding), but this one was particularly interesting. He was a backpacker from an undisclosed region, and he said this:

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time."

Now, up until that last part, it sounds like a perfectly normal throwback to a previous generation.
    Spoiler:
    It's become standard to have a handful of references, and you'd expect nothing less from a place like Camphrier Hotel, which plays host to a lot of foreign guests.

But the last sentence: "You'll see it in due time." I'm not going to go all 'OMG Hoenn remakes confirmed!!1!' But I think it's definitely a hint at something. Unfortunately I didn't have the good sense to take a picture of the screen, so unless anyone else has encountered this man, you might have to take my word for it.

If this is more appropriate in a different thread or a different topic, please let me know, I haven't posted here in a while. I just had to share this because it got me quite excited.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Well I'm in frost cavern and now I have a complete fully evolved team and I love this team so much.
    Team as of now:
    (Editing since I've caught Yveltal and my team has leveled up like crazy)
    Pandora (Aurorus): Lv. 64
    Barrowman (Salamence) Lv. 66
    Gipsy Danger (Chesnaught): Lv. 63
    Nuregami (Blastoise): Lv. 61
    Bazoolium (Dragalge): Lv. 62
    Delta Heavy (Yanmega): Lv. 64

Last edited:

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • Lately, I've been working on learning how to use the Pokeradar effectively. I really just wanted to finally get a shiny. I only have ever caught one in my life, back in Emerald, and with everyone and their mother talking about their shinies, I want one too. I have almost 60 hours of playtime and haven't even seen a glimpse in-game. So, I thought I'd give chaining a try. I had never done it before this game and have no idea how people make it look so easy. I can maybe get up to about 10-20 chain before breaking for some reason so after spending the last couple of days just purely chaining (or failing to chain), I defaulted to my usual 'catch Dittos for a while' in hope of just getting all the natures I want to breed for. I have no idea why it's taking so long. I've caught at least 80 so far and I'm still looking for more.

Oh, and I had my first battle with another trainer ever with a random Passerby that challenged me. I had just beat the E4 and thought, why not? It went pretty one-sided since my team was a 'just for fun story team' but I learned a lot from it. I now plan to actually start taking battling a little more seriously, but I have so much catching, breeding, and scheming to do.

(P.S. If anyone that's into competitive battling wants to PM me about it, I'd like to talk. New or old, we could help each other. I'd like practice battles and strategy discussion and so on.)

Years
  • I am in frost cavern and my team is the following:
    Charizard Lv 62
    Pidgeot Lv 55
    Haxorus Lv 51
    Ampharos Lv 54
    Lapras Lv 52
    Gabite lv 37 <-- i am training it to evolve it

The shocking news is thatwhen i was inside the cave and before fighting with team Flare a passerby wanted to to trade with me and i got a Squirtle for a Fletchling.
    I was Shocked!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Well sadly for me, I seemed to have picked up the only copy of Y in the world with a weird glitch in it. I bought the game on the 12th, but didn't REALLY have a chance to get into it til this weekend. (Work and stuff...) So anyway, I encountered my first pokemon horde, it was a horde of Minum I think, and I got a weird message saying: "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. Unsaved data will be lost." so I lost everything up to my previous save. Tried playing again, and EVERY time I encounter a horde this happens... :( I even reset the game and tried playing through again. No change, same glitch. So I'm gonna take it back to gamestop today and exchange it.... :(

Back