• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Katy Perry to perform supposed diss track to Taylor Swift at Super Bowl on 2/1

Years
    I can't lie, at first I was kinda excited to watch Katy Perry perform at the Super Bowl halftime show when that comes in a few weeks. But while I was Googling stuff, I came across this...

https://www.j-14.com/posts/katy-perry-s-super-bowl-song-is-about-taylor-swift-49165

If the link doesn't work for you, here:

"Katy Perry is performing at the Super Bowl in February, and it sounds like Taylor Swift had better watch out! Initially it was reported that Katy was planning to diss Taylor during her performance in a subtle way to get back at her for her song 'Bad Blood,' which is rumored to be about Katy - but now it sounds like Katy is going to make dissing Taylor the entirety of her performance!

Katy reportedly wrote a song about Taylor, and it's not said to be a friendly track. Apparently the song is titled 'She's So Creepy.' Uh oh!

Don't understand why Katy is so upset about 'Bad Blood'? Well, here's what Taylor previously said about the subject of the song:

'We're straight up enemies. And it wasn't even about a guy. It had to do with business. She tried to hire a bunch of people out under me.'"

What do you think will happen if Katy Perry performs this song during the Super Bowl, which will likely be seen by so many millions watching the game come February 1st? Could there be more to it or do you predict this to be a one-subject derailing? Discuss.

Years
    Oh freaking god. This is so gonna be controversial to the point those watching the Super Bowl will learn so much about the Swift-Perry rivalry that they would never want to hear their music again, especially given now that they've both released songs that are negatively targeted at each other.

I know I don't watch the event but it's gonna be ugly. Katy's music already went downhill for me ever since the overplayed crap that was Roar (and followed it up with more hits that made me cringe) but this is gonna be the icing on the cake. I have a gut feeling that this Super Bowl will probably be remembered not for the actual game but instead this bitter halftime show controversy.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Well this is going to be fun to watch. Of course it'll be even more entertaining if the disses will be bouncing back and forth to one another. I wonder who'll emerge victorious in this :3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm just still shocked that she got the halftime show slot; the NFL must be trying to attract a higher female rating for the Super Bowl.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm just still shocked that she got the halftime show slot; the NFL must be trying to attract a higher female rating for the Super Bowl.

that & the backlash following their reaction to the nipplegate incident of '04
    remember when all they did for like 6/7 years after that incident was put on old, white, 'traditional' rock acts (bar prince)? after public opinion came back to janet and thought she was treated extremely unfairly, the nfl decided it wasn't in their best interest to put 'dependable'/classic/modest acts in the halftime show in case of a return of criticism

and thus came the era of the black eyed peas and beyond

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    that & the backlash following their reaction to the nipplegate incident of '04
    remember when all they did for like 6/7 years after that incident was put on old, white, 'traditional' rock acts (bar prince)? after public opinion came back to janet and thought she was treated extremely unfairly, the nfl decided it wasn't in their best interest to put 'dependable'/classic/modest acts in the halftime show in case of a return of criticism

and thus came the era of the black eyed peas and beyond

They went with Madonna and Beyoncé though the last few years (although that's debatable whether or not you'd call that "family friendly.")

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    They went with Madonna and Beyoncé though the last few years (although that's debatable whether or not you'd call that "family friendly.")

yeah their family friendly/traditional stance ended about 4 years ago
    it almost made a swift return after the m.i.a controversy with the madonna show, but luckily the extravagance trend has continued

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    yeah their family friendly/traditional stance ended about 4 years ago
    it almost made a swift return after the m.i.a controversy with the madonna show, but luckily the extravagance trend has continued

Don't forget about the Bruce Springsteen crotch slide into the camera; but hey, that kind of stuff brings in the ratings (?)

This is why I just ignore the halftime show and just go and watch the Puppy Bowl lol.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    That's a little harsh to say, Taylor Swift makes some fun music, and Katy Perry exists.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Taylor-perry rivalry never gonna watch the event because the event should be destroyed oh god! {D:}

Years
    So I spotted an article today that talked about Katy mentioning that her show tomorrow was going to be terrible and piss some people off. And with this talk about Lenny Kravitz, too, I wonder if she's going to intentionally try to make her showing so bad it's good or if she wants to see the viewers cheesed off.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Taylor Swift gets on my nerves anyway so whatever. Write shit about someone, get shit wrote about you. You think she of all people should know this.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    So I spotted an article today that talked about Katy mentioning that her show tomorrow was going to be terrible and piss some people off. And with this talk about Lenny Kravitz, too, I wonder if she's going to intentionally try to make her showing so bad it's good or if she wants to see the viewers cheesed off.

she's bringing missy elliott along too so it won't be that bad a show no matter what katy does

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Katy Perry doing the halftime show so yet another year NFL pick someone who can not sing live

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Katy Perry is a goon. I have never hated a pop singer as much as I hate Katy Perry.

Most untalented, generic, and unoriginal pop artist if there ever was one. And that includes the consideration of Rihanna.

Why the fuck did they choose her to sing for the Super Bowl?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    I'm not very fond of katy perry, I mean she's alright and she can sing a pop song cool.. I think they should've picked Sam Smith or Bruno Mars. As much as I love Bruno I really think they shou;d've picked Sam Smith with his rising popularity it would've been nice to see him up there. If they would have picked Bruno you would get great half-time entertainment and some pretty good music (even if it's kinda old).

Back