• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ladies: Guy takes you to McDonalds for first date

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    It honestly depends on the situation. If he's someone who's supporting his family and he has not much cash on him, but he wants to treat someone anyway.. or maybe if it's someone from an online dating site and you both agree to go somewhere in a general location with also a lot of people for that added safety.. or just if you both decide to get to know each other someone more casually (or an informal blind date) then I see no wrong.

Personally, for me, however, I wouldn't want my first date to be at Mcdonalds, because I wouldn't go on a date with someone that I didn't know previously, and I think the first date is there to impress. And I dont mean this by the guy should pay blah blah.. but I mean I'd prefer the environment to be a good one to remember, and McDs irritates me and makes me feel sick so I never eat there anymore. I'd grab a coffee or mcflurry from time to time though.. but last time I had McDs it was a mcflurry and I had it last year around christmas.. so a year ago.

And Dakota: You made your first date unique because you can see in your pictures how head over heels you are about this girl and you did not want her to be unimpressed so you put the effort in. The thing that speaks the most to the girl (or either party really) is the effort you put in.

Years
    I would hate that guy, because if we were going to McDonalds I would definitely be complaining and if he still went through with it in spite of my hurricane of complaints - what an ass.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    but I mean I'd prefer the environment to be a good one to remember, and McDs irritates me.
    I think this is my biggest problem with McD being the location of the date. It's just so... blah. McD was the hangout spot for many of the high schoolers during my tenure at high school, and I guess for that reason, I view it as a place that isn't exactly the most... peaceful?

And Dakota: You made your first date unique because you can see in your pictures how head over heels you are about this girl and you did not want her to be unimpressed so you put the effort in. The thing that speaks the most to the girl (or either party really) is the effort you put in.

True that!

Years
    It honestly depends on the situation...

...The thing that speaks the most to the girl (or either party really) is the effort you put in.

I agree with Kura. So you can have informal dates at a fast food place. Like imagine a guy meets a girl at a party and they get along really well, what a fantastic idea it is to go on an adventure to McDonalds.
    Perfect scenario in which I would classify this as an informal date that worked perfectly well. Because it was a drunken adventure.

But anything sober I think is absolutely ridiculous. I would have to be so off my face to take a girl to any form of fast food that it isn't funny.

Also about the effort thing. I want to make sure every guy who reads this thread EVER takes note.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    If an guy took me to Mc D for a date I would not be an happy ninja as an fastfood resturant is not really a date place as there are too many children running around. My first date with my husband was to see the night showing of Hobbit part 1 then an walk home together.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Suffice to say I am terrified of the results unraveled by this thread. Terrified.

If I were a girl I would propose to the guy who took me to a date at McDonalds.
    Ladies: Guy takes you to McDonalds for first date

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Well if I were a girl: If we had a discussing about going to McDonalds, sure. It would be okay. I mean, everyone seems to love it & the economy isn't at its best, so what is the worse that can happen, right? However, if the guy ends up going to McDonalds without talking about it, 'cause I hate the place myself, or wanted to go there everyday for lunch & dinner while never going to any other restaurants, I'd feel like my life is ending sooner due to all the fast food I'll be eating. Not to mention, its not a fancy or romantic restaurant, like say, Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesday. McDonalds is like a kiddie place in my eyes, so if you wanted to go somewhere simple, less distraction, for a first date, I'd say Subway is a much suitable choice than McDonalds, or if during summertime, an ice cream shop. Just my two cents.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
    Spoiler:

I stay away from fast foods as much as possible now so.

... So, my friend zone plan has been successful...

Seriously though, I live in a fairly small city, and I have looked around for good restaurants to go for a date; I've found there are plenty of places to go that aren't fast food. I like most people, find Fast food joints to be a good casual place for friends to meet, with varying ideas as to whether it would be a sound place for a first date.

That being said, I have to go ask my friends if we are still doing Fast Food Tuesday tomorrow, what with finals starting at the end of the week for some of us XD.

Last edited:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    Love the OP for making this, and I hope a guy asks me out to McDonalds one day xD

But yeah, probably not the best idea if he's trying to make a good impression, I'd end up laughing and ruining his efforts :P

Years
    Love the OP for making this, and I hope a guy asks me out to McDonalds one day xD

But yeah, probably not the best idea if he's trying to make a good impression, I'd end up laughing and ruining his efforts :P

Hey, wanna go to Micky Dee's sometimes? :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I'm not sure if it would be a "deal breaker" but I'd definitely think it was a little odd =p

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Well damn, if I ever go on a date, I'mma have to raise some cash.

I would probably stop at McDonald's as a joke though.

Years
    There is no way whatsoever I would want someone to take me to a McDonald's for a formal event.. maybe if I were to meet up with someone, that would be fine. But for a date, it'd be unacceptable for me.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    No. I would never go on a date there. The food is horrible. There's plenty of food places where I live that are as cheap and provide better food.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    There is no way whatsoever I would want someone to take me to a McDonald's for a formal event.. maybe if I were to meet up with someone, that would be fine. But for a date, it'd be unacceptable for me.

That's understandable, but does that mean to you all dates are formal or is there a such thing as a casual date? o:

Years
    That entirely depends on my relationship with the person. If it's just a small casual date and I'm really familiar with her, then sure, wherever is fine, as long as she agrees. If I'm just starting to know them, then McDonalds is most likely a bad idea. If I wanted to be a bit more serious, then heck no. A cheap fast food restaurant won't work.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I hate fast food in general no matter what the situation so I would be a little annoyed but I'd let him eat if he wanted to? Lol.

Back