• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ladies: Guy takes you to McDonalds for first date

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • I want to nominate this for thread of the year. Seriously.

Lemme just say that I'd quietly shun any guy who takes their first date to a McDonalds. Not fastfood in general, just McDonalds. Cause... it's McDonalds. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What, I love McD. Most guys I meet are students like me and students LOVE McD. We breathe McD. Especially after a party-night, when McD lies on the way home. Endless lines. Lots of time to wait and chat. And hug. And bond over what burger makes you drool the most.

... If you put it in the context of a guy I don't really know well yet and have maybe just met a few times and admitted that he made my belly tingle (aka hadn't slept with yet) and he said we were going out for dinner and we end up at McD... Is that what you meant? Because yeah, that would totally put me off and make me laugh in his face ahahha /cruel

Thing is, "dating" is a pretty foreign concept to me. :p I usually end up getting close with guys pretty fast and dating in the sense people seem to mean it feels superficial pretty quickly.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Fortunately, it didn't happen to me.
    Dating at the Makkas is for teenagers over here, really.
    On our first date, we went to a Wok Restaurant.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • We breathe McD.

But doesn't that in itself ruin the whole idea of having a date there? Not just any McD, but a common place in general. My mentality is that a first date should be unique in SOME sort of way...

...actually no, balls, many dates are typical. Coffee dates, or ice skating, or something like that. I made mine unique, but it doesn't technically have to be. I think I just really don't like McD.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Good thing I don't eat at fast food restaurants, and I have enough money for a real restaurant. It looks like I'm good to go for a first date.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • A first date doesn't have to be a restaurant, mind you. Although it probably would be a good idea to satisfy the hunger at some point. Welp, I force fed my girlfriend some nasty lemon **** on our first date. In my defense, I thought it was cheesecake. >>

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Food is the go-to first date idea because people like to eat and talking over a meal is fun. Getting to know each other is integral to a first meeting, so activities like movies/ice skating/anything that isn't quiet and somewhat "intimate" is a bad idea IMO (but if it works for you, more power to you!)

At any rate, you'd hope your new date isn't superficial enough to judge you based on your food preferences, but it happens...I'd say be cautious and go a little above fast-food/crap-tier eateries and go somewhere that has at least a slightly more wholesome menu. Not everyone is down to ingest deep-fried heart attacks, you know?

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Oh my gosh no! It's kinda funny and more of a relaxed feel? The only issue would be if that's his idea of eating out all the time lol

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • At least go with Shake Shack, I'd say. Hell, Starbucks/Timmies isn't so bad either, imo. Not something I'd do, but any of those are better than McDonalds.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    But doesn't that in itself ruin the whole idea of having a date there? Not just any McD, but a common place in general. My mentality is that a first date should be unique in SOME sort of way...

...actually no, balls, many dates are typical. Coffee dates, or ice skating, or something like that. I made mine unique, but it doesn't technically have to be. I think I just really don't like McD.
    But if both parties enjoy McDonalds, wouldn't having something in common be a good start? Doesn't necessarily have to be unique.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • But if both parties enjoy McDonalds, wouldn't having something in common be a good start? Doesn't necessarily have to be unique.

Not a bad argument. I guess in that sense it'd be fine... I guess. I really do have an issue with the fact that it's McDonalds. I'm being really biased, though, most likely. Personal experience and whatnot.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It really depends. It wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker. If he was a nice, respectful guy who legitimately felt like he was treating me to something special, then no problem :) Sometimes times are tough. As long as we could enjoy each other's company.

But, if it was clear that he was just being a cheapskate, then it's a no. Like if I know he can afford better, and/or he doesn't pay me much attention and/or he isn't courteous or engaging throughout the date. That would just tell me that he doesn't really like me that much.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think the first date is about getting to know each other so the venue doesn't matter much to me.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • A first date doesn't have to be a restaurant, mind you.

Yet it happened to me.
    Although it's true what you said, it's the most common first date.
    I do know some people having a first date at other places (or even one dating at home), but it's just not common.

Nakala Pri

Not really. Maybe he just got the wrong impression of you and thought that you might prefer something a little less classy. Maybe he was going for simple and casual as not to scare you off and just spontaneously thought: 'Hey! What about MacDonalds?' I reckon that isn't a bad thing, as long as he has proper manners and doesn't over eat or order me something I hate. xD

Back