• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's go to the mall! *click*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you tend to shop clothes online these days or do you prefer to go out to the stores and feel and try on clothes before you buy them?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love clothes, but loathe the actual process of going to a crowded store, trying stuff on and then buying them. So, online shopping is my preferred method. That being said, I've had some real misses I could have avoided had I seen the clothes in person first.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I still go to the mall since online shopping can get really sketchy at times.

The thing i enjoy with the mall the most is simply the whole experience of walking around and looking for various stuff. It makes the whole mundane process a lot more "fun" when I get to see a multitude of stuff, as well as simply walking from one store to another.

The best part about going to the mall? Sightseeing.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I prefer to go out and try things on, but if I can find what I need online, I'll definitely make some purchases. However, sometimes when I order some of the cheap stuff it comes different than expected...you get what you pay for, I guess :P

My current favorite online store Inu Inu, they have some pretty cute stuff (though it can get a bit pricey x.x). Overall, anything goes shopping-wise.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It usually depends on the brand I'm shopping for. If I'm familiar with it and know how their clothes fit on me, I'll shop online. Otherwise, I'm going to shop in person so I can try the clothes on before I buy them. I'd have to say that I prefer shopping online though, because there are usually all sorts of promotions and sales you can find.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Though I guess it wouldn't kill me to shop online for once...I'm just kinda wary about doing it. ._.;;

Yeah, online shopping is risky business. I can't count how many times I've gotten something in the wrong size/color/whatnot. It's usually always a gamble.

Years
  • When it comes to shopping for clothes, I definitely prefer to see things in person, and try them on, before purchasing. The main problem with that is time, for me. I work late, stay up late, and sleep most of the day. Friday and Saturday are my only real chances to go out. Another problem is the selection is limited to what I can find in nearby stores. nearby stores have few things that interest me.

It's especially terrible purchasing things for my Fiance, cause women's clothes are much more finicky with the sizes. We lucked out recently when we bought a dress off Amazon that fits her perfectly, and it looks amazing on her as well.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    With my build? Oh honey, I cannot risk shopping online, period. Not when 90% of clothing isn't made for my height in the first place, let alone the 5% of it that looks good.

Years
  • Shopping for clothes online is still a foreign concept to me.

I mean, I'll do it if need be (oh the woes of trying to find new sandals last year, which actually never happened even with looking online), but I would far rather go to a physical store. Let me see the clothes for myself first.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I mean, I have bought a couple shirts online, but it's been 50/50 whether they fit or looked right when they were delivered.

I feel like I'm always fluctuating weight back and forth so it's pretty important for me to go and try new clothes on and really make sure I like them in store before I purchase them. I shop by this: if I don't love it in the dressing room, I'll never wear it when I get home...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I hate shopping for clothes. I guess it depends what I want to buy. If it's something hard to find, I'll go online. If it is something normal, I'll go out.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I have an unreasonable hatred for shopping for clothes. :{ I have sensory issues already so trying on lots of clothes is just... *screams internally* It's why I mostly just wear sweaters and tights, lol. Since the clothes I wear are usually one size fits all, I prefer to just shop online!

Bay

Years
  • With clothes, physical shopping for me. I don't trust online shopping as I'm not sure the clothes would fit me. Since I'm very tiny for my age, I risk getting clothes much bigger than me lol.

Years
  • Most of my clothes have actually been gifts lol
    I don't really enjoy the whole go out, rummage and try shit on process. So I'd probably enjoy buying online a lot more.

Reactions: noa

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I usually avoid doing online shopping, i much more prefer going to the mall myself
    I wouldn't want an oversized or torned cloths when shopping online

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I enjoy both! Usually I don't trust sizes though haha as I'm short and have dem curves. But it's easier to browse collections online, while it's nice to able to try things on in the stores. So I do a bit of both.

Sirfetch’d

Shopping online is something I do quite frequently to save time and money but I much prefer shopping in stores. While sometimes stores have less of a selection and you have to deal with large crowds, I enjoy trying my clothes on before I buy them and actually seeing what they look like. I wish I could shop in stores more but usually I don't have time and my closest mall isn't the best so I buy online more often than not.

Years
  • I go to the mall to get my clothing besides I like actually seeing the clothing and being able to try it on.
    I just love that feeling when you come out of the store with a bag full of shopping it makes me happy. idek why.

Back