• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance (◕‿◕)♡

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Suspect it? I'd be surprised if my family had ever even considered the leanings of my attractions. But I suppose it depends on how close you are and how you socialize also. Sorry to hear your dad will likely not be tolerant ); I hope your mum and stepdad will take it better <3
    My mom has asked me a couple times if I was gay, and I said no and left it that way. I haven't told her I am bi because I honestly don't feel ready to tell her, but yeah she's... tolerant. For the most part at least, being religious to some degree kinda gives her... well... opinions, but gladly they aren't as destructive as the ones other people tend to have /shrug.
    As for stepdad, I know he is totally okay with trans people which is a plus in the LGBTQ+ tolerant thing, but I haven't really heard him say much about his opinions on that matter.
    There's also my sis that I forgot mentioning before continuinglmao. She doesn't know either, and I don't even think she suspects anything. She is very tolerant and I know she will find out eventually when I finally come out even if I don't tell her lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It sounds like your immediate family will support you then, if there's ever a good time to let them know who you are <3

I think my family will wholeheartedly support me being panromantic (although I'd just say "bi") but I have a suspicion that they'll think I'm delusional if I ever also tell them about my nonbinarity ):

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Username: Ninetales
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Sexuality: Asexual (Primarily heteroromantic, though part of me feels more of an emotional attraction to women, despite only being physically attracted to men. It's a tad confusing, even for me.)
    Relationship Status: Taken! <3

Coming out was certainly an interesting experience at first. There were some that didn't take me seriously, whilst others were immensely supportive! Regardless of what others may think, I'm confident with my sexuality and my womanhood and am very open about my asexuality, despite being in a heterosexual relationship.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I think my family will wholeheartedly support me being panromantic (although I'd just say "bi") but I have a suspicion that they'll think I'm delusional if I ever also tell them about my nonbinarity ):
    Yeah I don't think I'll ever tell them about the agender thing, because they won't get it either. Not that it would change much because the neutral pronoun in spanish is the masculine one, but...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • hi

Username: Palamon
    Pronouns: he/him.
    Romantic orientation: pan.
    Sexual orientation: same as above, lol.
    Relationship status: single.

As for coming out, I haven't come out to anyone irl except my friend. So, I don't really have a story about it. I can't really come out to my family because they'll try to deny my identity by saying "no you're not. You're straight." So, I won't come out to many people about being trans or pan.

Years
  • Username: Sam, also I answer to sis and Milotic.

Pronouns: She/her

Romantic orientation: Everyone is beautiful

Sexual orientation:Heterosexual

Relationship status: In a relationship with Dragon <3

If you are an ally - has someone come out to you?

I have a cousin who I adore, she is a brilliant computer whiz, and just so calm, cool and collected. We have always gotten along. She is gay and out, currently living with a partner who makes her happy. I have asked if she is going to get married, but she wants to keep her independence. Living with the woman she loves is all she wants right now.

A friend of mine from college who is a poetess and artist is also bisexual, and same-sex relationships have been a theme of some of her writings.

Through volunteering at a local animal shelter I met a family who surrendered their dog because they had health problems and couldn't take care of him. I ultimately adopted him, a big beautiful great Pyrenees. His previous owners were so happy that he had found a loving home, and asked permission from the Aarf to send me photos of him as a puppy. I kept in touch, and started emailing and phoning them and eventually I began visiting so they could see their furry old friend again. This was a family of two women, and as I got to know them over the years eventually they felt comfortable coming out to me as a couple, and I was happy for them.

I have both LGBTQ+ friends online who have come to out to me as well as offline.

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • Username: Ace Trainer Slash
    Pronouns: He, him
    Romantic Orientation: ... Not straight, definitely not straight.
    Relationship Status: ... Probably single for a (very) long time. :D

I've come out to only a few friends of mine. Most of them got weirded out when I told them I liked them/wasn't straight. Although (I think/hope) everyone's fine with me now, the one person who didn't get weirded out was very supportive of me, in which we were already in a straight relationship, she's now a very good friend of mine.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Username: Ninetales
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Sexuality: Asexual (Primarily heteroromantic, though part of me feels more of an emotional attraction to women, despite only being physically attracted to men. It's a tad confusing, even for me.)
    Relationship Status: Taken! <3

Coming out was certainly an interesting experience at first. There were some that didn't take me seriously, whilst others were immensely supportive! Regardless of what others may think, I'm confident with my sexuality and my womanhood and am very open about my asexuality, despite being in a heterosexual relationship.

hi

Username: Palamon
    Pronouns: he/him.
    Romantic orientation: pan.
    Sexual orientation: same as above, lol.
    Relationship status: single.

As for coming out, I haven't come out to anyone irl except my friend. So, I don't really have a story about it. I can't really come out to my family because they'll try to deny my identity by saying "no you're not. You're straight." So, I won't come out to many people about being trans or pan.

Username: Sam, also I answer to sis and Milotic.

Pronouns: She/her

Romantic orientation: Everyone is beautiful

Sexual orientation:Heterosexual

Relationship status: In a relationship with Dragon <3

If you are an ally - has someone come out to you?

I have a cousin who I adore, she is a brilliant computer whiz, and just so calm, cool and collected. We have always gotten along. She is gay and out, currently living with a partner who makes her happy. I have asked if she is going to get married, but she wants to keep her independence. Living with the woman she loves is all she wants right now.

A friend of mine from college who is a poetess and artist is also bisexual, and same-sex relationships have been a theme of some of her writings.

Through volunteering at a local animal shelter I met a family who surrendered their dog because they had health problems and couldn't take care of him. I ultimately adopted him, a big beautiful great Pyrenees. His previous owners were so happy that he had found a loving home, and asked permission from the Aarf to send me photos of him as a puppy. I kept in touch, and started emailing and phoning them and eventually I began visiting so they could see their furry old friend again. This was a family of two women, and as I got to know them over the years eventually they felt comfortable coming out to me as a couple, and I was happy for them.

I have both LGBTQ+ friends online who have come to out to me as well as offline.

Username: Ace Trainer Slash
    Pronouns: He, him
    Romantic Orientation: ... Not straight, definitely not straight.
    Relationship Status: ... Probably single for a (very) long time. :D

I've come out to only a few friends of mine. Most of them got weirded out when I told them I liked them/wasn't straight. Although (I think/hope) everyone's fine with me now, the one person who didn't get weirded out was very supportive of me, in which we were already in a straight relationship, she's now a very good friend of mine.
    Welcome, everyone! I'm glad to see so many new members. I will add you to the opening post list soon~

Sam, is it alright if I give you a biromantic flag? ;)

Ace Trainer Slash, I'll put a rainbow pride flag on you unless you have some more specific label ^^ Labels aren't necessary ofc!

Ace Trainer Slash

Years
  • Welcome, everyone! I'm glad to see so many new members. I will add you to the opening post list soon~

Sam, is it alright if I give you a biromantic flag? ;)

Ace Trainer Slash, I'll put a rainbow pride flag on you unless you have some more specific label ^^ Labels aren't necessary ofc!

EDIT: Oh. I'm kinda sure, I'm probably bisexual, would that count as a label, I'm still getting used to the label thing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Dimitri
    Pronouns: She
    Romantic orientation: I don't really get the need for this unless one is ace
    Sexual orientation: Bi
    Relationship status: If anyone ever dates me the reincarnation of jesus will be born that same day. (I'm undateable, basically)

I'm out as bi but my dads side of the family is teetering on the edge of just disowning me so I dare not come out as nb.
    Not because I'm Bi, they all accept that. It's because I'm too mentally ill and they don't really understand nonbinary identities.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Username: Dimitri
    Pronouns: She
    Romantic orientation: I don't really get the need for this unless one is ace
    Sexual orientation: Bi
    Relationship status: If anyone ever dates me the reincarnation of jesus will be born that same day. (I'm undateable, basically)

I'm out as bi but my dads side of the family is teetering on the edge of just disowning me so I dare not come out as nb.
    Not because I'm Bi, they all accept that. It's because I'm too mentally ill and they don't really understand nonbinary identities.

Welcome to the club! I've added you and all the other new members too now~

I'm sorry to hear about your situation ); Yeah, even if sexual orientations in many place are becoming more accepted now, there still is huuuge stigma around anything nonbinary.

Let's a new topic, shall we?

Would you say you fit into typical gender stereotypes?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

Years
  • Oh. Yeah, I don't know if I'm gender conforming, but despite this, I believe people don't need to conform to any gender, a person should be allowed to act or take characteristics from whatever gender they want to no matter what gender they are.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess I should have phrased it as "do you fit into gender stereotypes" haha. Because you are absolutely right, imo :)

I'd say I've always kind of looked like what most people think girls look like. So that'd be gender conforming expression-wise when I still didn't know I could be anything other than a girl. However, my interests had always been quite varied, in many cases "boyish", and I've made friends with girls and boys alike. Except maybe in high school when I tried really hard for a while to fit into what a Girl "should" be like. I still ponder how much is natural because of how our inner gender perception makes us act or enjoy, and how much is just taught by society. I guess there's lots of research on it somewhere.

Nowadays, ofc, I'm a non-binary, semi-agender, fluid mess. I haven't changed anything about my appearance so I still look like a "typical girl" I suppose. There's nothing that's really normal for non-binary people though.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Looks like I fit in for sure! Appearance, clothing, total incompetence around kids... only thing that deviates a bit is that most of my friends are girls, but that's about it I guess. Even then, gender and stereotypes aren't quite the same thing and don't have to be so closely related... I suppose that's something most people here can agree with but it's also something I'm rather stuck with as I keep questioning my gender.

On one hand, you can definitely still be a boy without conforming to these stereotypes and be valid anyways - that's probably what most people around here will tell you: "You like pink and dolls but don't worry, you're still a boy and that doesn't make you anything less manly." On the other, you might fit in with all the common stereotypes and still not feel right. I might tell you I don't wear dresses not because I'm a boy, but simply because my body structure doesn't allow me to (I guess that remark would be kinda fitting for people who identify as agender? But I'm not sure yet.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ahaha mood, me: i wear dresses because they fit my body and skinny suits do Not

Years
  • No, I do not. I dress both "female" and "male" depending on my mood or just what I'm feeling. Also I'm the bug killer of the house lmao

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Would you say you fit into typical gender stereotypes?

Very much so! I love my gender and I enjoy being girly and feminine. :) Pretty dresses are my favourite thing to wear and I feel 10x prettier when I put one on, like a princess, haha! In fact, despite going through a tomboyish stage at one point, I now feel gross in masculine clothing—it just hangs off me terribly (I'm quite curvy) and makes me feel dowdy, not myself at all. When I was into that, it was because other girls seemed to pull it off and look awesome lol, but it's just not for me. ^^; Although my mum is pretty strict about me dressing conservatively around here (the men can be vulgar) so nice dresses are more of a special occasion thing when going out. :(

As for interests, they fall into both stereotypical female and male ones, but mostly "girly" I guess haha. As in, I love all things pink, and go out of my way to choose girly things over all else when I can. :p It just makes me happy!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, I do not. I dress both "female" and "male" depending on my mood or just what I'm feeling. Also I'm the bug killer of the house lmao
    Androgynous bug killer. Now there's an identity to fear and respect!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hmm, definitely not as a child! I used to get considered as "one of the boys" because I fit in so well with boys. I could act like them, I liked what they liked (video games, racing cars etc.) and I even looked like a boy at certain periods of my life when I had short hair and would dress like a boy. That being said as a child, I also liked stereotypical interests such as Barbie and Princess Polly and I was open to the idea of befriending girls, I just for some reason found it very hard to be friends with any girls. For a long time most of my friends were male and to this day, most if not all of my close friends online have been male in the 8 years or so I've been on PC. I'm not sure why that is the case! Later on I went to a girl's school so most of my friends are female now in-person but for a long time I definitely did feel quite disconnected from feeling like a girl. Nowadays I feel fine about it - would even say I'd fit the stereotypes of liking the idea of getting into makeup/fashion which I was not conscious of at all for a long time (but am now enjoying, even if I'm not very good at it). I also am so glad I got out of the I'm Not Like The Other Girls' phase and just started owning my interests/what I want to be like etc. without fear of changing up my image/what other people would think! Life has been much more fun since. :D

Back