• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance (◕‿◕)♡

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've always been a tomboy for most of my life. I never cared for makeup and feel like its a waste of time and money but at the same time I don't mind having someone else put it on me. I love getting my nails done but now that I'm older I'd rather have a pixie cut because again less for me to worry about. I'd rather wear boy clothes because I didn't like showing off my body much less my chest. Now that I'm older I don't care how good pants fit if they don't have decent pockets I will not buy them. I carry a wallet because its all I need so my pants better have good pockets in them.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Username: pastelspectre
    Pronouns: he/him
    Romantic orientation: Queer/mlm
    Sexual orientation: I guess the same as above?
    Relationship status: Taken!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Username: pastelspectre
    Pronouns: he/him
    Romantic orientation: Queer/mlm
    Sexual orientation: I guess the same as above?
    Relationship status: Taken!
    Welcome to the club! Nice to see some transman representation. Your interest in Youtube gives me an idea for the next topic of the week:

Are you a passive or active member of the LGBTQ+ community? Essentially, do you do things like follow any media focusing on LGBTQ+ in one way or another, or try to actively represent the community somehow, or do you rather quietly approve of there being a community but not really involving yourself much? :)

notif for topic~
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm not sure if I already posted the answer to the previous question, so just to be sure:
    Would you say you fit into typical gender stereotypes?
    Depends. I'm more masculine than other guys around me. I never dressed in "female" clothes, which makes me wonder how would I look in them...

Are you a passive or active member of the LGBTQ+ community?
    I follow few LGBT+-themed subreddits on reddit and few accounts on Twitter, but I don't post in them myself. There isn't really a local community where I live, so I only have those communities to connect with other people.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Username: starseed
    Pronouns: She/her or he/him (mostly she/her)
    Romantic orientation: Panromantic
    Sexual orientation: Asexual
    Relationship status: Taken

I'd like to join. :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi everyone who has joined recently, welcome :D

Answering the new topic, I would say I'm fairly active in regard to keeping up with LGBT media. I follow a lot of LGBT creators even before I found out I was also part of the community - Youtube is good for this! I also enjoy and will check out LGBT media whether it's recommended to me or through my own research - TV shows, books, movies. I think seeing representation in the media was helpful for me particularly when I was younger as it made me feel less alone and also accept/be happy with who I was when I was still in that icky sort of denial or fear phase. I would say I'm passive though otherwise - its part of being quite closeted so I don't get involved in real life events or talk about LGBT topics with people outside close friends who are also in the community. Honestly everyday though I feel like it's more exhausting to stay closeted so if I ever publicly outed myself, maybe I would try to more actively engage with the real life LGBT community.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would say I'm more of an in between. I keep up with the news and will read things here and there but other than that I wouldn't say I'm THAT active. I would think that if some real shit hit the fan I'd find out from my best friend. I don't think I'm totally out of the loop though.​

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    When it comes to irl, no one knows anything even about my involvement with LGBTQ+. I usually never bring up the topic myself, because I don't really feel at ease talking about that especially around certain people, and this probably makes me look like someone who's rather ignorant on these issues - which I actually don't mind that much.
    Online this is slightly different, because I can get more involved, informed and show my support more openly! I still have many things to learn but I feel like I'm making progress :)
    I still wouldn't think of myself as very active, though. I'm just... keeping a low profile I suppose.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

I'd say I'm pretty active irl. I sign the petitions, donate to local charity, and join the rallies when I can. I prioritize LGBTQ+ creators, support businesses run by LGBT owners / allies, and just do my best to give to the community over all. I also very openly and unapologetically wear LGBTQ+ supporting merch and rainbow paraphernalia, but I guess that doesn't contribute much.

Online maybe not as much? I'm not involved with Twitter and other platforms or circles that are heavily invested in LGBTQ+ issues. Just a personal preference. Also actions speak louder than words, imo, even though the words are very important too!

Years
  • I don't have any friends irl so I can't really go to pride or anything. It's best to go with someone to large events or to clubs because you never know, safety first.

And my family can't stand that I'm bi and gnc.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't have any friends irl so I can't really go to pride or anything. It's best to go with someone to large events or to clubs because you never know, safety first.

And my family can't stand that I'm bi and gnc.

Same. Many of my LGBTQ+ friends are online. I do have a real life friend that is, but we don't live close enough to each other. Before becoming pan, I actually told my dad about being bi. He was perfectly fine with it. My mom is the one that wouldn't get it. She grew up thinking stuff like that was taboo. Even now, she thinks she accepts it, but I think if she knew my sexuality/gender preferences... she'd be like "no you aren't you don't even know that stuff" or something. >___>

Years
  • Same. Many of my LGBTQ+ friends are online. I do have a real life friend that is, but we don't live close enough to each other. Before becoming pan, I actually told my dad about being bi. He was perfectly fine with it. My mom is the one that wouldn't get it. She grew up thinking stuff like that was taboo. Even now, she thinks she accepts it, but I think if she knew my sexuality/gender preferences... she'd be like "no you aren't you don't even know that stuff" or something. >___>

Oh, I don't have friends online either.
    There's more lgbt people online which is reassuring though.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Are you a passive or active member of the LGBTQ+ community?

I'd say the most active support I've offered is voting yes to gay marriage in Australia. Multiple times actually, because I got to vote on the behalf of a few others!

Otherwise there really isn't much you can do in my small town and I'm not a fan of large gatherings/parties, so I likely wouldn't attend a parade etc. for that reason aha. I'm more of a passive member but I'll still do my part when I can! Like with voting. :)

Years
  • Username: Foxy
    Pronouns: She/Her but don't mind They/Them
    Romantic orientation: Panromantic
    Sexual orientation: Pansexual
    Relationship status: Casually seeing someone? (It's complicated..lol)

Regardless to what I talked about in "stereotypes" below, I am still struggling a tad bit with my identity. I feel like I look the way I do based on trends and fashion. But if I'm being honest with myself, I've always been attracted to Androgyne and have felt a strong pull towards being Androgynous. After cutting my hair short, it's like I'm feeling closer to being the true me. Unfortunately my wardrobe remains very girly since it's a little hard to afford some new masculine clothes. But when the time comes, I will surely feel it out.

Are you out, IRL? How did you "come out", if there was such an event?
    Yes, I am. Growing up with two wonderful moms helped me not to be afraid of what others think of me. I think watching my mom love another woman while growing up is what changed everything for me. I first kissed another girl when I was 16 or so. I was heavily confused for awhile, and started dating girls. I tried to explain that I was bisexual but something about it didn't fit just right. I started finding my self attracted to all genders as I got older. Love, to me, did not stop at someone's gender. I met someone else who was Pansexual(never heard the term before) and they explained to me what it meant to them and suddenly that's what clicked with me. I started openly telling anyone who asked that I was Pans around the age of 20 (am now 26). But thanks to my parents for giving me the courage to love like I do and not to worry about judgement.

Would you say you fit into typical gender stereotypes?
    Growing up, I was a tomboy. And when I first started becoming confused about my sexuality, I would dress more boyish. But now, I'm a very materialistic female. Probably your average "basic white girl" stereotype. So I would say, yes. lol

I used to attend Pride every year with either my parents or my friends. My parents like to travel to LGBTQ Conventions and work at them, so sometimes I would tag alone. Where I live now, I don't really have a big pool of IRL friends, but back home I would say about 80% of my friend group were LGBTQ and we would always be out doing stuff for the community.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If I can get someone to agree I'll see if I can go to Pride. I'm getting out more now so hopefully I'll develop some friendships. NS has a pretty good LGBT pop.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Username: MadisonSteel
    Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
    Romantic orientation: Biromantic
    Sexual orientation: Asexual
    Relationship status: Single

I'm out to my parents, sister, most friends at school, and a few relatives. I'm involved in some LGBT stuff like my school's club and sometimes pride. I'm not really very actively part of the community though. I'm not really out, but I also don't really hide it either. Kind of an open secret that I'm trans.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Username: Neb
    Pronouns: Any
    Romantic orientation: panromantic with a preference towards girls and NB people.
    Sexual orientation: Pansexual
    Relationship status: Single

Are you a passive or active member of the LGBTQ+ community? Despite being raised by lesbian parents, I never really knew about the community until my teen years. When I came out as pan I got some pushback at school, so I kept it to myself. Only recently have I started to walk flamboyantly. I'd like to wear dresses outside of pride events, but I'm still too afraid of harassment. To show my support I change my online persona every June.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Are you a passive or active member of the LGBTQ+ community?

Would say I'm active, I think..am pretty vocal about supporting lgbtq stuff, even on family Facebook where have some close minded family members added.

Am pretty vocal about it.. online but being vocal irl is kinda scary

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    This may be pretty random but... starting today, it's Ace Week! Or Asexual Awareness Week if you will. It will go on from October 25th to 31st.
    That said, and given that there are a few ace people in this group also, why not discuss about this orientation a bit more? Something that I feel like asking, in particular, is... how important is it for you to come out as asexual, demisexual or graysexual? Who, in your opinion, is really worthy of learning that aspect about yourself?

I've always been uncertain of this actually. I feel like my asexuality would really impact only my future partner's life and relationship with me, and... not to be the devil's advocate here, but asexuality is just not something that can be spotted, like for example two men holding their hands can be interpreted right away as them being gay. (And yes I know this is just an assumption people make and probably shouldn't, but I guess this is the kind of world we still live in today). And yet, being able to raise awareness on asexuality as a whole, being just proud of my asexuality, and in a way letting my potential partner already know what my boundaries are, seems equally enticing. I feel like this kind of thought process could be applied to some other identities or orientations too, so I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on this if you don't mind!

That said, happy Ace week everybody!

LGBTQ+ Alliance	(◕‿◕)♡

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This may be pretty random but... starting today, it's Ace Week! Or Asexual Awareness Week if you will. It will go on from October 25th to 31st.
    That said, and given that there are a few ace people in this group also, why not discuss about this orientation a bit more? Something that I feel like asking, in particular, is... how important is it for you to come out as asexual, demisexual or graysexual? Who, in your opinion, is really worthy of learning that aspect about yourself?

I've always been uncertain of this actually. I feel like my asexuality would really impact only my future partner's life and relationship with me, and... not to be the devil's advocate here, but asexuality is just not something that can be spotted, like for example two men holding their hands can be interpreted right away as them being gay. (And yes I know this is just an assumption people make and probably shouldn't, but I guess this is the kind of world we still live in today). And yet, being able to raise awareness on asexuality as a whole, being just proud of my asexuality, and in a way letting my potential partner already know what my boundaries are, seems equally enticing. I feel like this kind of thought process could be applied to some other identities or orientations too, so I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on this if you don't mind!

That said, happy Ace week everybody!

LGBTQ+ Alliance	(◕‿◕)♡

Yes! Happy Asexual Awareness Week! I'm so glad we're able to have time to observe a lesser understood orientation. I can't answer any questions about being Ace/Aro, but I'd certainly love for those who are to share their stories. :)
    LGBTQ+ Alliance	(◕‿◕)♡

edit: sorry for the double notif i had to fix a typo ;;

Back