• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Look ma! Both hands!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Are you ambidextrous? Can you do things you normally do with your main hand with your alternate hand? For example, you're a right-handed person and usually brush your teeth with your right hand. Can you do it with your left hand? The same thing goes for left-handed people.

What things can you do with your alternate hand? How well can you do those things? Are you naturally ambidextrous? Do you think it is a useful skill to have? Add in anything relevant!

Sirfetch’d

Not in the slightest! I can only do things well with my right hand and if I even attempt to do things with my left, it becomes a disaster. I one tried learning to write with my opposite hand and I couldn't even make my name readable.

TY

Writing: No, not at all... Its rubbish with right, and even worse with left.
    But with other things im using or left or right, depends on which hand i stretch out for it xP

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm right handed, and only right handed. I can't write, move the mouse, or throw a frisbee left handed. I remember, for a fun assignment at school this last year, the teacher had us write something using our other hand. Mine got voted as the worst handwriting. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Ehhh... no. Right hand is largely dominant, thus it's very unlikely that I'll be able to do anything with my left hand that I would otherwise would have done with my right hand.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd say it's about 60R/40L. I do most things right, but I can do a majority of those things left-handed as well. There are a few things I do exclusively left, i.e. brush teeth, floss, talk on the phone, but for the most part, I'm pretty ambidextrous.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not ambidextrous. Apparently that's not good for you neurologically though, because you need to have some stable identity and a dominant side of your body. Interesting!

I myself am right handed, but I'd say I have pretty good use of my left hand as well. There are certain things I do with one hand that I won't or can't do with the other. Can't think of any examples though. However, what both hands have in common is that 1. I have to have them preoccupied with something, or I get really nervous and 2. one of my biggest pet peeves is when my hands/fingers are dirty, even if it's only slightly.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I am indeed ambidextrous! And yes, I am indeed naturally ambidextrous!
    Did you know that ambidexterity means you use both sides of your brain, much, much more?

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Nope. Completely left-handed with the sole exception being computer mice. I can use it on the left and it feels way more natural, but I've been forced to use right handed setups for so long that I can't use it for more than casual browsing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I write, eat, and brush my teeth with my left hand.
    Literally everything else I can think of, I do with my right.

I don't know if that makes me ambidextrous or not, because I always thought that that only applied to writing, but I'm going to say yes just to make me feel more unique.

Mysonne

Pokeballin, no testes
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    my right hand is my dominant hand but i feel more comfortable using a knife / scissors with my left hand

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • When it comes two writing, I can right with my right hand, but it's not great.
    In baseball, I've batted right and thrown right all my life, but I tried batting left and I did pretty well.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh god no. My left arm feels like jelly whenever I try to use it for almost anything that requires precision. I tried writing my notes with my left hand for a day once, had to stop after my first class because I literally could not read what I had written. I had to rewrite the notes, too, so doubly bad. :C

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • If you say it that way, It's really weird.
    I'm a left-handed person, and when I brush my teeth, I use my right.
    When I write something on a chalk board, I use my right, when I
    try to punch, my left feels weak and my right feels more stronger.
    I can write with both hands, my right is a little rocky road(ed) but my left
    is like the sign of the great empire of sulu. I think I'm really a right-handed.
    Well, I think I should be a right-handed and not left. I might learned writing wrongly.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm right-handed, and use it for almost everything. However, I am capable of drawing with my left hand. When I try to, it turns out more sketchy, but (I think) turns out generally better than when I use my right hand. Writing is another story, though.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • no i cannot. i can only use my right hand >.< i use my left hand to paint my right hand's nails though! xD

Years
  • I came here to say that I am not ambidextrous at all.. I am fully left handed when it comes to common everyday tasks such as writing and eating.. I will however say though that I use a mouse right handed because that was how my parents taught me (since they're right handed) and I complete actions on my tablet with my right hand as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can do things with both of my hands fairly well, but I always tend to use my right hand, though. The only time I use my left hand is when I apply soap to my body while taking a shower, when I put lenses to my eyes before going outside, and when I cut things with a knife while cooking. I have the ability to write, eat, and do almost anything else that I'm able to with my right hand, but I do it only when my right hand is occupied with something else.

Back